toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

WTF, I use JR 0.10 and don´t have any muzzle attachment issues (thou I´m not using JM) whatsoever... I´ve grabbled from armaholic just in case!

@Toadie2K, please take a look at missing accessories on HLC AKs after RHS compactibility patch!

cheers!

Confirmed issue with JR 0.10 and missing muzzle devices in BIS Arsenal. I will look into it. Nobody reported it yet in the JR thread, had to find about it here :/

One did right now, and came soon after here to say Toadie the same !! XD

I didn't know which one would have to fix his mod, so I was going to inform both of you. I hope you can find an easy fix, as both your mods are absolutely a must have :)

Forums html currently breaking for me,,, hopefully this response appears...

Anyways, When using the HLC patch with the RHS stuff, under Virtual Arsenal I get no supressor options for HLC weapons that I know i CAN NORMALLY SUPPRESS without the hlc compatibility patch with RHS

One did right now, and came soon after here to say Toadie the same !! XD

I didn't know which one would have to fix his mod, so I was going to inform both of you. I hope you can find an easy fix, as both your mods are absolutely a must have :)

After a bit of debugging, it looks like a fault in the AR15 pack muzzle configs. Check what I found here.

After a bit of debugging, it looks like a fault in the AR15 pack muzzle configs. Check what I found here.

Sounds easy...I hope Toadie can fix the config soon.

Sounds easy...I hope Toadie can fix the config soon.

yep, will patch in the next few days.

My unit includes this in their modpack. I love it... expect for one thing. Would it be possible for you to change some of the weapon platforms (specifically the AR platform) to be uniform in recoil. I was playing with the Jack Carbine (I have a BCM in real life, and this is just sweet). My complaint is that the recoil is WAY too low. I can light up a target at 300 meters full auto and get every shot on target. Standing, at 50 yards, I can get a 1 inch group full auto. Is there a way you could tweak it to be a bit more realistic?

My unit includes this in their modpack. I love it... expect for one thing. Would it be possible for you to change some of the weapon platforms (specifically the AR platform) to be uniform in recoil. I was playing with the Jack Carbine (I have a BCM in real life, and this is just sweet). My complaint is that the recoil is WAY too low. I can light up a target at 300 meters full auto and get every shot on target. Standing, at 50 yards, I can get a 1 inch group full auto. Is there a way you could tweak it to be a bit more realistic?

I think it's depends.As most of members in my unit said the AR15s' recoil is a little high.

Love the MP5 pack those are my favourite weapons in Arma, but I would like to sea old school "Laser Products SureFire M628F forearms" as optional attachments to classic MP5A2/A3 models.

Regards.

hi. made a bug report but dont think it was seen.

on the rpk you have 2 auto fire modes. one seems to be n extended burst usually reserved for AI and the other is real full auto.

Could you add flashlight and mayby IR laser for AK weapons, I wish I could mount something

Just downloaded and tried the latest MP5 pack. My jaw dropped a bit once I saw this SMG in my hands ingame. The quality of HLC addons is nothing less than top-notch, thank you so much for making them!

I agree the the way these guns look are awsome. However they have not been optimised for in game use. Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet.

Dont know about the other packs, but the ar15 pack (bcm jack in particular) is pretty much just a straight import from a CAD drawing. Meaning it is not optimised for arma 3 and will reduce frames. It has internals in it lol whic u cant even see unless in camera mode (bullets in chanmber)

Please see the below snippet from one of my clan members

So... after some investigationing into the 'desync' during the start of the last mission it seems to be that it might be more like lag... specifically, we found this:

The first one is for the BCM Jack carbine in HLC weapons.

That's the 1st and only lod in the model. 22k polygons for a single rifle.

Where as the 2nd one is for the highest detail vanilla weapon I could find, the MX Grenade launcher variant which is 10k poly. again, 1st lod.

The difference being all of the HLC weapons only have one high detail lod. while the Bohemia weapons all have 5/6 different detail lods.

This means where as a MX might be 10k poly when you're face to face, if it's 500m away you're only seeing a 170 poly model, significantly less load on the GPU.

With HLC (And many other addons I looked at, including RHS US forces and the ADF steyr), in this case the Jack carbine, it's displaying a 22k poly weapon at 5m and at 500m, when you can barely see what unit it is let alone what rifle the unit is holding.

Just some raw testing we did supported this, 24 NATO solider's with MX's loaded at 65fps, moving back 500m sped up to around 75-80fps.

While a group of RHS US soldiers with jack carbines loaded at 58-61fps and moving back 500m loaded at 59-62fps.

while looking at the sky produced 110fps. This was on virtual reality, no other objects to skew this result.

It also has a 30k shadow poly count lol wtf.

Toady, if this has been brought to your attention already then i appologise. Otherwise do you have any plans to optimise these guns for arma 3 so that they will not reduce framerate?

Thanks

I don't get it. Are you complaining about network lag issues, or performances ?

I don't get it. Are you complaining about network lag issues, or performances ?

It's very plain to understand that, in his experiment, there was roughly a 10% frame decrease simply by changing the 24 AI players' guns from the MX to the HLC BCM. He then goes on to explain exactly why, which I understand won't make a lot of sense to someone that isn't familiar with 3D modelling, but nonetheless it is a set of very legitimate observations.

Hey Toadie! first off, love your work its hands down some of the best looking stuff available to the community. However i would like to know if you plan to do a XM8 pack or if its within the realm of possibility's?

Good work and keep it up!

@Parratt

FYI,if you didnt already know, XM8s are in CUP Weapons pack, though they are the ones from A2 PMC DLC.

I agree the the way these guns look are awsome. However they have not been optimised for in game use. Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet.

Dont know about the other packs, but the ar15 pack (bcm jack in particular) is pretty much just a straight import from a CAD drawing. Meaning it is not optimised for arma 3 and will reduce frames. It has internals in it lol whic u cant even see unless in camera mode (bullets in chanmber)

Please see the below snippet from one of my clan members

It also has a 30k shadow poly count lol wtf.

Toady, if this has been brought to your attention already then i appologise. Otherwise do you have any plans to optimise these guns for arma 3 so that they will not reduce framerate?

Thanks

So to answer this is short order, those numbers are at LEAST double what I've got on my source meshes, both in the game's format and the source material, so either the game's double-rendering everything (which is possible, but unlikely), or the numbers are inflated somehow.

Regarding LODs- Generally speaking I do do LOD meshes( every other pack I've done has them), however, exceptions had to be made for the AR15s due to the sheer number of concave objects (railed recievers+hollow foregrips), The SAMRs, Jack and AR15 Carbines ran into the hard vertice limit of the game's format, which made it a choice of either Having LODs on those weapons OR dropping LODs. From testing I had to knock out all but ONE addition detail LOD, meaning that it would stay at full detail to about 50-100m (depending on graphics settings).All of the above mentioned have ONE additonal detail LOD that's about somewhere beweeen 1/10 and 1/5 complexity that of the main LOD, most everything else has at least two.

The end effect though shouldn't have that great of an impact though, unless you can see 50 of them in a scene, you shouldn't get more than a 1-3 fps drop with shadows on, Arma3 is certainly capable of handling that level of scene complexity. Now ShadowLODS, they're a performance killer, and you can be sure as eggs I kept those as simple as possible. Especially the Jack and SAMR, both use LODs that are based off Arma2-level Shadow complexity. If you're still getting performance issues, I would chalk that up to individual rigs rather than anything I've not done, and certainly you would be experiencing similar issues with other weapon packs.

THAT being said- I'll look into it, and if I can get additional LODs for performance in without compromising functional detail somehow, I will.

Love the MP5 pack those are my favourite weapons in Arma, but I would like to sea old school "Laser Products SureFire M628F forearms" as optional attachments to classic MP5A2/A3 models.

Regards.

In the works. Might even roll it out in the patches coming out mentioned below.

on the rpk you have 2 auto fire modes. one seems to be n extended burst usually reserved for AI and the other is real full auto.

Fixed in the last version.

Related, Patches for everything coming up in around 12 hours. Fixes will include, across the board-

- Support for AGM (Barrel changes/Bipods, where applicable)

- Advanced Ballistics configs for all weapons

- Fixes in the way suppressors are inherited

- GeoLOD/Hitbox tweaks (weapons should all now be made of metal)

- Some ShadowLOD improvements

- Some handgesture clipping tweaks

- Where applicable, Animated rear sight leafs/apertures (movement on Elevation adjustment,notable exception being the M60/M60E4)

- Adjustments to Mass and Interia

Edited by toadie2k

So to answer this is short order, those numbers are at LEAST double what I've got on my source meshes, both in the game's format and the source material, so either the game's double-rendering everything (which is possible, but unlikely), or the numbers are inflated somehow.

The end effect though shouldn't have that great of an impact though, unless you can see 50 of them in a scene, you shouldn't get more than a 1-3 fps drop with shadows on, Arma3 is certainly capable of handling that level of scene complexity. Now ShadowLODS, they're a performance killer, and you can be sure as eggs I kept those as simple as possible. Especially the Jack and SAMR, both use LODs that are based off Arma2-level Shadow complexity. If you're still getting performance issues, I would chalk that up to individual rigs rather than anything I've not done, and certainly you would be experiencing similar issues with other weapon packs.

THAT being said- I'll look into it, and if I can get additional LODs for performance in without compromising functional detail somehow, I will.

Thanks for looking into it.

That was my original write up, I got the info using Mikero's tool's

I just double checked what I first saw, this is what the tool is reporting:

DAKRHUZ.png

Shadow:

7sRH9BF.png

Though as you say, I only had such issues with the AR-15 pack.

This originally came about with 20-30 players all using weapons from the AR-15 pack all in one small area which had a bit of a performance hit.

I ran those tests on a i7 3770k + AMD R9 290X so vram isn't a massive issue there and instancing in the GPU during those tests probably helped a little too.

Edited by Scarecrow398

Oh i know all to well,

http://i.imgur.com/keKjRnl.png (2893 kB)

However, its not to the level i would like to see and thusly why i asked Toadie.

@Parratt - I don t know if You are aware of but there already is good quality XM8 pack by Trixie:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175821-Trixie-s-Release-Thread

In the works. Might even roll it out in the patches coming out mentioned below.

Great news and great work;)

Regards.

Shadow:

http://i.imgur.com/7sRH9BF.png

This originally came about with 20-30 players all using weapons from the AR-15 pack all in one small area which had a bit of a performance hit.

I ran those tests on a i7 3770k + AMD R9 290X so vram isn't a massive issue there and instancing in the GPU during those tests probably helped a little too.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust those figures for the shadowlod at all, that triangle count is more than the entire format supports, actual shadowlod count's 1/20th of that at best. Relatedly, I've managed to get an additional LOD step on the Jack Carbine specifically, so at the very least as long as you don't 20 people literally right on top of you, you shouldn't get as dramatic performance drop even in moderate CQB ranges.

Double-checking the weapon zeros with animated iron sights is taking some time though, so I'm pushing back another 24 hours so I can be satisfied that where you point, you actually shoot, on every gun at every zeroing.

Edited by toadie2k

- Support for AGM (Barrel changes/Bipods, where applicable)

Big, big thanks for this!!!

Would be the barrel of M60 changeable (AGM feature)?

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

Ah - I'm idot!:mad: Sorry!

Who can read....

Yes i know about that addon too. yet its still just a port of Arma 2. Thus asking Toadie for a XM8