toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Great mod, great animations, great models and textures better than all weapons arma 3 mod (at least for AKs).

But the only thing s**k in this mod, we are too near from iron sight. We need to see the back of the weapon, like all weapons in Arma 3.

I'm not sure if this has been said yet. On the AK pack, the AKM GL and AK-74 GL do not have a reload time or animation when using the grenade launcher while prone.

Are there any updates on M14 with rail and without rust?

Hey your pack is really nice, high quality stuff! Also for more publicity it would be cool to have 1 big pack, most people dont want to download several mods to have a good ground setup of good guns (me included :cool: )

Are you also plan to make some AT/static stuff? :P

most people dont want to download several mods to have a good ground setup of good guns (me included :cool: )

Where did you get that information from ? I'd take smaller, specialized packs over the large ones any day.

Hey your pack is really nice, high quality stuff! Also for more publicity it would be cool to have 1 big pack, most people dont want to download several mods to have a good ground setup of good guns (me included :cool: )

I see the reason for smaller modular packs but it does get tricky when I pass links to friends who want to just have a game of Arma. "You need to download that and that and then that and the replace that with that and then install that over the top..."

So yeah, my vote for an all in one pack. Maybe release both the modular and a big pack?

Also, thanks for making this pack toadie. I've added the weapons to my Escape mission and they're alot of fun to use.

Where did you get that information from ? I'd take smaller, specialized packs over the large ones any day.

From everyone i asked. Its easier to manage and update with a sync tool, easier to download without a sync tool, easier for serveradmins to post what mods are used. If every modder would release every part of their mods in pieces, it would be horrible. Think about ACE2 from Arma2 or BwMod from Arma3? Every vehicle stand alone? How hard will this be to join a server? hey you need MOD232, 23, 34, 12, 123 and MOD 3 from modder X, now for modder Y you..... We talk here about 100-300mb, this is nothing compared to the hole Arma3 mod community. So in 2 years every clan use 500 specialized mods or 10bigPack mods? I would love to have 5 big pack(40GB) of mods over 100 mods (15GB).

For some player its clear how to handle many mods, know their status, know what they are. But many/most other dont.

I seriously prefer the smaller weapon packs as it gives me the choice to use certain weapons without adding several duplicates because I get XY only in the pack with ABC, but I got several other ABCs already along with KLM.

Nothing against big packs but as long as they are not some kind of modpack, including units and so forth, I do not see a reason for them.

hey you need MOD232, 23, 34, 12, 123 and MOD 3 from modder X, now for modder Y you....

That would be a fail on admin's part, because there are ways to organize addons and keep it simple. I'd rather be able to choose, instead of:

- you only want those nice G36s ? Yeah, they come with tanks too, so the mod's at least twice bigger.

- want some nice HKs? or an AT-4 ? Yep, you must take these Famas rifles with them.

(any similarity with real mods out there is a pure coincidence :))

Sorry for getting slightly off-topic.

But the only thing s**k in this mod, we are too near from iron sight. We need to see the back of the weapon, like all weapons in Arma 3.

I disagree with this, I'd argue that most custom Arma3 weapons have the ironsights "eye" too far back, really(this might be a holdever from Arma2 modding). Take an AK; if you've got a decent cheekweld on the stock of that, you aren't going to see much of the back of the dustcover at all.

To the first, not going to happen for a number of reasons (on P1).Well... I mean, I guess I could in theory, but the additional upload time might drive me mad on subprime Australian Internets, combined with keeping yet another thing up to date, and add to that the potential for direct confusion... I dunno. To the second: longterm yes, launchers of some sort. Way longterm, I've got ideas though.

Unfortunately it looks like the problem is still there. Its a pity cause it actually disqualifies quite a nice mod from its wider use ie. in pvp games.

So, apparently that bug is caused by the game pre-allocating a minimum number of geometry LODs and then not finding one. And it manifests differently on ATI and Nvidia cards (Nvidia cards filling the LOD with a box, I think ATI cards just take the missing LOD as NULL).

That's now fixed, and there is a patch below.

As an interesting note, I'm fairly positive this wasn't an issue way back when I hotfixed this in the first place(The Goshawk only ever had one and it was exempt last time this issue cropped up), so there's apparently been some engine-level changes to LOD handling that might not have been publicly visible.

I'm not sure if this has been said yet. On the AK pack, the AKM GL and AK-74 GL do not have a reload time or animation when using the grenade launcher while prone.

It has, it's been corrected, patches to follow.

Core

HLC Core 0.7

Most notably fixes-

GP30 prone reload typo corrected

5.45 ballistics adjusted (most noticably EP rounds). Both will still take 3-5 rounds center-mass on a plate carrier to drop.

M60E4

M60E4 v6

Hotfix to make the "10-round burst" not player usable

AK Pack

AK pack v1.4

Most notably fixes-

LOD issues with optical attachments (PSO,1p29,kobra, goshawk)

Hotfix of RPK to make the "10-round burst" not player usable.

And of course, Op update soon to follow

Edited by toadie2k

Toadie how goes the MP5 pack? Got any screen shots for it? anxious to have some nice SMGs in ArmA

New update v0.7 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hlcmods_core.png

New update v6.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hlcmods_m60e4.png

New update v1.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hlcmods_ak.png

I see the reason for smaller modular packs but it does get tricky when I pass links to friends who want to just have a game of Arma.

you guys should start using the mod collection feature on steam. it actually made me wish there were more addons on steam workshop. hence my "essentials" collection being rather small atm :)

example: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=303571719

click "subscribe all", et voila!

this would be also a great tool for server admins since it should only download what pieces of hte collection you don't already have.

Thx for the update and especially for fixing the lod probs of the ak scopes.

Since the last patch the BMC Jack Carabine has strange animation when you walk slowly (Patrol walking), the left arm crack left and right and he is holding the rifle not right as he should do.

But thats only since the latest patch and there was nothing made on the Ar15 or ?

Anyone else can confirm this, i use agm and cse with this mod.

you guys should start using the mod collection feature on steam. it actually made me wish there were more addons on steam workshop. hence my "essentials" collection being rather small atm :)

this would be also a great tool for server admins since it should only download what pieces of hte collection you don't already have.

Workshop support is A) barely functional and B) not a complete solution.

How is it an argument if there should be a total pack?

The biggest problem with ArmA 3's addon scene right now? It looks like a tree that had a few sticks of dynamite shoved in the trunk. It's splintered all to hell. To get all of the content you want at the highest possible quality, you end up with 40 addons for weapons alone. More comprehensive packs allow people to minimize the number of addons they are downloading, loading, updating, etc.

I'm fine with having things split up. But why not also have a single option for players who are less comfortable with addon manipulation? Not everyone that plays ArmA has an intimate familiarity with how addons work. It's bad enough that addon creators don't seem to comprehend how to distribute and structure their addons.

I use all of the HLC stuff, and I don't know of any packs that exist currently that are superior to what's in the HLC packs. I don't see how having an option for people to just grab the whole thing, when many of us are using it all, could possibly harm anyone's little world.

The effort it'd take to pack it all in one is minimal. And it existing wouldn't erase the modular option available now. Heck, it'd even still have the same number of PBOs so you could delete anything you don't want.

Why do arguments like this end up being so heated? I've already seen a page of it, and that's already too much. If Toadie wants to release it in single addon, that'd be awesome and very convenient. If not, that's up to him. There's no need to argue about how two perfectly fine concepts that are more than capable of coexisting are actually going to destroy one another just by being mentioned.

Hoping to see new stuff for the pack soon! I still just hop on to admire the animations sometimes for fun :p

How is it an argument if there should be a total pack?

uhm. because it solves the following "problems"? (quote below)

The biggest problem with ArmA 3's addon scene right now? It looks like a tree that had a few sticks of dynamite shoved in the trunk. It's splintered all to hell. To get all of the content you want at the highest possible quality, you end up with 40 addons for weapons alone. More comprehensive packs allow people to minimize the number of addons they are downloading, loading, updating, etc.

I'm fine with having things split up. But why not also have a single option for players who are less comfortable with addon manipulation? Not everyone that plays ArmA has an intimate familiarity with how addons work.

you click on very few buttons and it literally auto installs. what more do you or your lazy friends need? :p your whole argument is convenience and i just gave you a very convenient way to share these addons with your friends. that should explain how that is an argument.

It's bad enough that addon creators don't seem to comprehend how to distribute and structure their addons.

The effort it'd take to pack it all in one is minimal. And it existing wouldn't erase the modular option available now. Heck, it'd even still have the same number of PBOs so you could delete anything you don't want.

so toadie has literally no reason to split it up? think again. updating and uploading is immensely made easier for the author this way. not only that. updating only one pack will only require the "customer" to get a small file instead of all the files that aren't even patched. in the case of my SWS collection you literally have to do nothing except start up steam and wait for the auto update.

Why do arguments like this end up being so heated?

it's not heated. it's just a matter of misinformation and flat out laziness and bitching.

...and that's already too much.

yes agreed. the inconvenience of clicking on some download links should never be a topic at all.

sorry for OT

Edited by Bad Benson

I would love to see some ar15 platform rifles that are either camo or even tan or green (completely). The angled fore grip is nice but I'm a fan of the vertical fore grip. I love all these weapons especially the m14. The sounds are amazing, and the reload animations are great. Top quality. The replacement pack for the caf aggressors is also great. These mods have enhanced the gameplay value of arma 3 for me. Maybe you could do some m4's with the rail covers that look like they have been used/dirty? Also I'm a big fan of the m24. Any chance you could do one of those?

Releases frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Shared collections are a feature of PWS as well, you can do this with any combo of any size mods on PWS.

http://withsix.com/blog/share-your-experience

Getting the following error, not sure if I've seen it previously reported.

No shape for ammo type HLC_12G_Buck
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin.hitArmor'.

Ok the Honey badger and the BMC Jack Carabine has strange animation when you walk slowly (Patrol walk).

Its since the last update i think, anyone can confirm this ?

The Left arm is cracking lef and right wheny you walk and the animation how you hold the weapon isnt right.

Getting the following error, not sure if I've seen it previously reported.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin.hitArmor'.

for the SAIGA 12k yeah? pretty sure that that classname is wrong, I found it too and it didn't work. then I found these "hlc_10rnd_12g_slug_S12" "hlc_10rnd_12g_buck_S12"

This is a great addon! But have you guys ever considered adding the AK-74M and AK-105? Both of which are in the AK family and would suit this mod very nicely. Just throwing the idea out there.