toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Toadie, I enjoy using bCombat at lot and I had a question for Fabrizio_T on how Machine Gunners are determined (Unit type or weapon type). It depends on the weapon itself was the shirt answer as long as the custom weapon has this coefficient defined. Please see post: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=2759524

I almost exclusively use loadouts from your mod for my AI. Does your mod have this defined?

I set up my ai coeffeicientx and y to within a few points of the zafir LMG for the M60, so if that passes as an MG, this should too. It'd depend on the threshold the script, but it should be "jobs'a should be a goodun'".

I'm willing to overlook some jaggedness in the geometry if it still works as-intended or isn't immediately abbrasive (which, IMO, the Sights aren't). My intention is to go back over some of those apertures and smooth them out (I think I mentioned it a few pages back regarding the Honeybadger/Dissipator Back up Sights). Not so much outside scope, just a lesser priority up til now. It shall be done, however.

I'm glad you posted your input.

I set up my ai coeffeicientx and y to within a few points of the zafir LMG for the M60, so if that passes as an MG, this should too. It'd depend on the threshold the script, but it should be "jobs'a should be a goodun'".

Thanks for the quick response!

I think he's saying that either way, it's possible that it's outside my scope of ability or the scope of the mod, which it isn't.

Correct, for the most part-

Most of the meshes are, for the most part ports (for lack of a better word, most of the time I'm working from raw source files, not exported game formats), don't want anyone convincing themselves otherwise. I have made parts (the BCM and Geissele parts on the Jack Carbine, For example) and done texture work to some others, and it's not don't do any of the of those things myself , but it's like you said- no need to reinvent the wheel when there's perfectly fine carts around, and I'm not bound by project goals to produce it all inhouse.

To the point about the apertures, basically the process on putting together any pack so far has been more about solving a role or functional hole while playing, or scratching an itch to animate (it's less that case now, so I'm more content to go back and iterate), so the general thing is I'm willing to overlook some jaggedness in the geometry if it still works as-intended or isn't immediately abbrasive (which, IMO, the Sights aren't). My intention is to go back over some of those apertures and smooth them out (I think I mentioned it a few pages back regarding the Honeybadger/Dissipator Back up Sights). Not so much outside scope, just a lesser priority up til now. It shall be done, however.

I want to clarify a few things:

1. As i said numerous times before, i really don't like when one or another is talking in the name of another. This wasn't about that, it was about a perceived scope of this mod - at least from where i was standing (which, at least so far, was to produce and enhance the animations rather than provide the weapons). Again, there are times where it is not needed to recreate the wheel each time, over and over again.

2. Ports - as in game files designed for a game engine, although not this specific game engine. It is even better when one works with the raw files.

That being said, i for one do believe that the amount of detail that was put into the animations is as close as possible to what this engine is capable of. Hats off, again, for that.

Ignore this if it has already been mentioned.

Icant post screenshots yet so I will just describe it.

First is the scope 1P29. You can reproduce it by moving away from a soldier that has this scope on his rifle and you will see this effect as is something wrong with one of the LODs of the model (that LOD will become active at about 20 meters away).

Second is the thumb of the left hand on the underbarrel grenade launcher which is just nowhere. You can reproduce it bu just pressing Ctrl+A in first person or just go to camera mode and look for a thumb on the left hand.

Funny thing is that it is only not there with an AKS74(GL). With an AKM + GL the thumb is there.

Third when reloading the grenade launcher the magazine disappears for a second.

And fourth. When you shoot at someone who is holding the rifle and the bullet hits the actual rifle, sand and dust comes out of it as if the bullet has hit sand. This either needs to be replaced with an effect like the one BIS have in their models or removed totally because that looks weird when you shoot at a guy and sand comes out of him.

Otherwise great work I have dreamed of custom weapon animations since OFP and now it finally happened.

Edited by 7ftnick

Hey Toadie! First of all thanks for the update, I'm just enjoying these fine weapons of yours more and more everyday, But the M60 used by the ai still single fires Instead of burst or auto, and I am using the latest V5 modified 08/21/2014, If you could look Into this further I would be greatful, It's such damn good MG and that new sound you put with It just makes It even better.

Ignore this if it has already been mentioned.

Third when reloading the grenade launcher the magazine disappears for a second.

This is (engine) limitation of every weapon.Try with any vannila weapon, happens there.

Someone described why this happens but I forgot.

heyho, download from play with six doesn´t work! are the new versions uploaded somewhere else?

how you mean download doesn't work, what versions are you refering to ?

This is (engine) limitation of every weapon.Try with any vannila weapon, happens there.

Someone described why this happens but I forgot.

Lol. It actually does. Never noticed it before. Most probably because GL is not a different weapon but instead its a just a fire mode like burst.

@sonsalt6: i go to the playwithsix page and want to download it there directly with out the program, it counts down and than happens nothing. and if i press the link on the page that is mentioned if this problem appears i got a new page that is telling me that it doesn´t find a page.

why isn´t it uploaded to armaholic anymore? :-(

@sonsalt6: i go to the playwithsix page and want to download it there directly with out the program, it counts down and than happens nothing. and if i press the link on the page that is mentioned if this problem appears i got a new page that is telling me that it doesn´t find a page.

why isn´t it uploaded to armaholic anymore? :-(

Not sure where you are looking for them on armaholic - i found them quite easily. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26033

Not sure where you are looking for them on armaholic - i found them quite easily. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26033

yeah the old version were there, but not the new versions!

the update on armaholic was released today couple minutes ago.

on play with six they were released 4 days earlier or so, that was the problem.

I know people never read but try looking at my signature.....

Releases frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just to inquire, is the CAF HLC wp replacement to be placed in the arma 3 root folder as a seperate mod or do i simply put the files into the CAF aggressors mod folder? Thanks in advance as I looked back a few pages and could not find the information.

Just to inquire, is the CAF HLC wp replacement to be placed in the arma 3 root folder as a seperate mod or do i simply put the files into the CAF aggressors mod folder? Thanks in advance as I looked back a few pages and could not find the information.

I would also like to know this? At this stage I've thrown the pbo in the @CAF1.5/addons folder.

I would also like to know this? At this stage I've thrown the pbo in the @CAF1.5/addons folder.

doesn't overly matter, I personally would suggest just sticking it in @HLCmods and making sure that it loads after CAF.

Hey Toadie! First of all thanks for the update, I'm just enjoying these fine weapons of yours more and more everyday, But the M60 used by the ai still single fires Instead of burst or auto, and I am using the latest V5 modified 08/21/2014, If you could look Into this further I would be greatful, It's such damn good MG and that new sound you put with It just makes It even better.

Two questions to help me pinpoint where this is occurring to finetune the thresholds on it -

1) what range was the AI engaging at?

2) was the AI using an optic(even an ACO/Holosight)?

Edited by toadie2k

Hey Toadie,

Sitting down while reloading the DSArms FAL has a pretty weird animation.

Lying down also makes the character tilt his head back quite a bit.

By sitting do you mean like, the sit button where you sit down?

Nah, pressing CTRL+S until you sit on your butt.

Oh, ok yeah.

Hmm haven't tested it, but I see what you mean.

Do you start the reload them change stance? Or do you start in sit and reload in sit, because changing stance can fuck reloads, it's a known thing

Hey Toadie love the pack, one bug that I haven't seen reported though:

When using the RPK's 10rnd burst mode, you can start to sprint after firing the first few rounds, and once you stop sprinting, you'll fire the rest of the 10rnd burst.

So if I click once, fire off 5rnds, and start to sprint, once I stop I will fire the remaining 5rnds, with one click. I could see this leading to some hilariously bad friendly fire incidents.