toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Thanks for explaining the issue Robalo, I guess it will only be a problem with that gun.

Regarding inventory items, a cheap way of fixing it is to remove the _x from the UI pictures file name, in which case it will just show the same picture all the time.

Can confirm issue with that pistol and found a strange reference to this non-existent root class in each of the HLC addons...

Same, mentioned it earlier in the thread:

Just a heads up, when HLC Core is loaded. BI's P07 pistol can't be added via script, this makes that handgun non-selectable in the Virtual Arsenal. It seems like an extra, empty "hgun_P07_F" class ends up in the root of the config outside CfgWeapons and that's what's messing it up.

Hey Toadie, i just had a look at your rig after i had problems with my handanimation in an (outdated) rig from kiory.

I found out that the reason why the weapon/launcher/camera/foottip and fingertip bones are missing when importing fbx into O2 is because O2 needs a child bone to create a bone in the first place. So to fix this, put extra bones and make it child to every "end bone" so to speak, so the real end bones dont get lost.

The Spine1 bone in your rig (from the real skeleton, not the rig) seems to behaves strangely, not sure what is going on there or if it could be a problem, just wanted to point it out.

How do you do the animations for the hands? Do you rotate the finger bones all individually? Couldnt they be rigged in the same manner as the spine works to save alot of time there? (same angle for both middle joints on each finger).

Edited by Fennek

Can confirm issue with that pistol and found a strange reference to this non-existent root class in each of the HLC addons:

class hgun_P07_F;

That was done outside cfgWeapons and it does not seem to be used for anything at all, so it probably should be removed.

Several inventory icons are missing. There should generally be 8 for each weapon when all attachment proxies are used, 4 icons if only 2 proxies etc.

See https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2_Weapon_to_Arma_3#Inventory_Icons

Yep, to both. Both are . I honestly don't know how I missed the P07 really, (and double worse, I REALLY don't know how I managed to copy/paste that into literally all the config files without twigging that it was wrong :S)

I've got patches on the way that should be all out end of week and there's fixes for those in there, as well as-

• tweaks to the .300 blackout ballistics to closer represent actual bullets (147gr FMJ supersonic and 220gr subsonic, would not recommend the latter beyond 200m envelope)
  • 5.45x39mm AP and hit damage tweaks, both standard FMJ and EP.
  • reworked all values relating to AI in all weapons (RPK and M60s should now be fired in controlled bursts at range, etc)
  • suppressors reconfigured, no longer dampen drastically damage output or ballistic trajectory (carry over from late-beta A3 configs)
  • "cold" subsonic magazines for most weapon sets where these currently do not exist to compensate
  • a second SAMR in the AR15 pack that comes in more a more "normal" flavour
  • FAL prone reload
  • Handanim tweaks (G3A3/KA4, very minor adjustments on the AR15s)

And there's JSRS Configs coming too, nearly forgot that one.

Oh I did manage to fix the error with the santinsed ar15 not showing up in the load out screen. The original ar15 weapon pack looks like "hlc_ar15_wp\....hlsd_x_ca.paa "

Your missing the forward slash before the beginning should look like

"\hlc_ar15_wp\...hlsd_x_ca.paa" hope that helps.

hey something to add. could you please adjust the sound level of the firing sound of the m60?

the acutal shot is to toned down in regards to that "ching" sound of the belt or what ever it is. (hard to explain but if you like i can sent you my modified version :-)

Welcome back Toadie. How was the break? Have you made a decision yet? Is it Commonwealth WW2 weapons or H&K MP5's?

Hi!

Thanks for those great addons. Could You add some models with a drum mags to the battle rifles pack? You put 50rnd drum mags in the pack but when loaded they appear as a standard mags. I know it works that way in game at least at this moment. It would be great if You add some weapon models with drum magazines.

Edited by JK88

Toadie, any chance of seeing a AR variant in the .458 SOCCOM round?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.458_SOCOM

basically a heavy hitter here, looks just like a Standard AR, just different upper. just throwing this out there, also any plans for a belt fed AR?

I second JK88's request, for drum mag models, i always feel like im cheating using the 50 round mag when the model shows either 20/30 round.

Welcome back Toadie. How was the break? Have you made a decision yet? Is it Commonwealth WW2 weapons or H&K MP5's?

MP5s won. He says so in his latest vidier.

Thanks for the shoutout to facepunch :)

I looked through the past few pages, but couldn't find any mention of it. Did you ever finish the B5 Systems SOPMOD Bravo stock for the Jack Carbine? :)

Super stoked about the MP5's as well! Can't wait!

oh and maybe you can add this variant of the M60, the M60E6 also ? would be nice!

PS: man the sound of that thing is awesome^^

oh and maybe you can add this variant of the M60, the M60E6 also ? would be nice!

PS: man the sound of that thing is awesome^^

^^ +1 to this

hi i have downloaded the AK pack , the sounds of AKs are amazing but the RPK sounds not working at all .

i have all requirments ...hlc_wp_ak & hlc_core at the same HLCmods's folder , whats the problem ?

hi i have downloaded the AK pack , the sounds of AKs are amazing but the RPK sounds not working at all .

i have all requirments ...hlc_wp_ak & hlc_core at the same HLCmods's folder , whats the problem ?

you may be running a conflicting mod. i have had that issue with another weapon, can't remember what.

I'm doing a livestream of me animating within the next 30 minutes, and I'll be at it for a few hours, if that tickles anyone's curiosity.

UStream

Waw dude really?Fucking awesome!

Can we have a quick debrief of the stream ? also i hear somewhere that toadie2k will release a patch during this weekend am i right ?

[*] reworked all values relating to AI in all weapons (RPK and M60s should now be fired in controlled bursts at range, etc)

Ah yes thank you so much, The fact that the ai single fire them has been rather annoying, Lookin forward to this patch greatly.

The quality of your weapons is breathtaking! Are there weapons like PKM, SVD and RPG-7 on your list too?

The quality of your weapons is breathtaking! Are there weapons like PKM, SVD and RPG-7 on your list too?

Yes to all three, def the PKM and RPG. I can't give you a timeframe, but it's is on the seemingly endless todo list :P. Best estimate is the RPG being the first out of the gate later this year, perhaps packed with a couple of other launchers for good effect.

Anyhows-

Patch time.

First page will be updated shortly, in the meantime, gouge yourselves on files here. Pack-specific changelogs are in the Rars, general gist of things changed is on the page previous.

Be sure to download CORE as well as any other weapons you use

-Core-

Core V0.6

-AKs-

Aks V1.3

-ARs-

Ar15s V1.1

-M14s-

M14s V1.2

-G3s-

G3s V1.3

-FALs-

FALs V1.2

-M60s-

M60E4 V5

A JSRS support mod -Recommended that this be loaded above/AFTER HLC mods, otherwise you'll get some audio incongruity in distant gunfire. No key provided because it's clientside only.

HLC Mod JSRS support

At this point I want to make it clear to everyone, as a point of tactical awareness- Subsonic, or cold-loaded, bullets arc dramatically and have overally low penetration capacity- the intended purpose of using subsonic is to complement the use of suppressors in CQB environments, where the combination makes for covert takedowns by mitigating report and bullet snap. With most weapon/caliber combinations, if you zero beyond 200 or 300m, don't expect predictable incap or comparable BDC holdovers.

This is important, because the ballistic/damage dampening is gone from all the supressors, so the only way to get optimal sound supression out of a can is to run subsonics.

AND, as an added bonus - I'm putting out a slightly-more-official CAF-Aggressors weapon replacer. Obviously it needs the HLC AKs and CAF_Aggressors. The patch that's floating around out there already basically duplicates the entire weapons configs, which would be fine, if I didn't change them all just now. This one should stay up to date with changes in the main pack weapons should any more changes come along, Downside is you will have to tolerate my insistance on putting Manufacturer IDs in all the weapon names. (I'm really sorry, I didn't keep note of the author, but a grand shoutout to you.)

http://toadie.updatedtuesdays.com/PubSharbse/Mods/caf_hlc-wp_replacement.rar

Edited by toadie2k
Forgot a link

Thanks for this wonderful work and your continuous effort to bring the bar higher. I'm having an issue unpacking the AR15s V1.1 towards the end (H:\Arma 3 mods\Installed\hlc_wp_ar15v1.1.rar: Checksum error in @hlcmods\addons\hlc_wp_AR15.pbo. The file is corrupt). It should be noted that I have no problems with all the other addons.

Edited by Nickobus
additional information

Thx dude, really love your mods :) I get this error while unrar the provided ar15 file ! "hlc_wp_ar15v1.1.rar: CRC failed in @hlcmods\addons\hlc_wp_AR15.pbo. The file is corrupt"