toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

I would say WWII, because I'm waiting alot of time for an good A3 WWII Mod and the weapon pack would decrease the wait time for me...

The grip of the G3 models is a little off, with the hand hovering.

eFhFwCnl.jpg

I also have the feeling that all guns are a little large in general. The soldiers ingame are 1.80 m, and especially the HK-53 and railed G3s, as well as the FALs look a little beefy. The FAL-Para is visibly smaller (especially noteable on the receiver) than the rest, so the difference in scale between the BI model and the others can be seen there.

I also am getting some missing .paa file errors right now, for example for the sanitized magpul M4.

Very much enjoying this pack, looking forward to whatever you do next, it's brilliant so far.

I'm trying to use the ar-15 weapon pack on a server but i get this error no entry \bin/cfgweapons.hlc_30rnd_556x45_EPR. now it worked fine on my local listen server and local dedicated server but on my vilayer game server i get that error. all files were uploaded from my local arma 3 directory. I didn't find an entry for it in cfgweapons either, but then i can't find any of the hlc ammo in the cfgweapons either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

eidt: I did find all the ammo in cfgammo.

Toadie, you just became my No.1 supplier for guns in Arma 3. Your work is not just awesome, it is outstanding. It adds a new level of detail to gun handling in the Arma Series, namely custom anims. How awesome is that. Finally. I never thought someone could beat RH Studios when it comes to weapon modelling, but here we are, you just did it. Sorry, RH guys.

I'd love to see some more HK in that game. Seriously, we need a high quality 416, 417 and UMP.

But just continue on doin this stuff, I'm already looking forward to your next release. The standarts for addon guns have just been raised, since you are in the business, man.

can you please make it so that more sights can fit on your weapons or maybe make your own close range sight? your fr ordinance mc51 would be realy good for cqb if we could put more sights on it.

I vote MP5s. We are hurting in a variety of submachineguns and I feel it would be a damn good addon to add. The WW2 stuff could wait till more assets to accompany it are out giving you plenty of time to get where you want to be with them

Great work love these weapons. Is there any way you could do some G36 weapons?

I would by myself welcome more Shotguns (because as iam using rest of HLC weapons i know they maked awesome animations and shotgun with good animation can be awesome thing ) ,and finaly the M14 with top rail so you can put anything on top ...But hey its not my mod so i cant tell them what to do ;)

Awesome work Toadie!

Just one minor thing I want to bring to your attention is the suppressor's config:

Here's a sample of yours on the left and one of BI's on the right:

57e46aedab52ac979172afaeda624b94.png7617f73f4ae9b69d839c1743b69bbd0c.png

As you can see BI's ain't reducing muzzle velocity, hit and so forth anymore. If you are doing it by design, all fine though.

Hope it helps.

By the way, if you plan to add rail to M21/M14 for mounting scopes, it would probably better to add the lowest scope mount possible (like "arms #18" or something like that) and cheek rest of some kind. The reason to do this -- M1a platform users try to utilize the lowest scope rings they can get (otherwise ergonomics suck) which is not possible in Arma 3 (all scopes are already modeled with "medium-height" rings).

Edited by Val

Toadie, I have some rather bad news. It seems that your 7.62 AK suppressors don't make their usual pew pew noises, 5.45 seems to be working fine with all of them.

Slightly off topic, but are the different X-systems .308 drums supposed to be incompatible with the different platforms? If so, it would be great to have more options (ball, tracer, mixed) instead of just one option that's different per system.

I wasn't aware the Joint rails now did bipods. I'll have a look into it.

Regarding the scopes: Redfield AR-TEL has no BDC markings, how it works IRL is the zoom power and the scopes zero are mechanically linked (so at 3x power, the lowest setting ,the zero is 300m, at 9x the zero is 900m), and the marks on the vertical post detnote "man-size". The idea being that you adjust the zoom/zero to match those marks, take the shot, and if you need to switch targets, adjust the zero/zoom to match (look it up, it's a fascinating piece of kit). Anyways, Arma doesn't allow the ability to increment zero with zero fluidly as in the IRL scope, so my choices were to have staged zero-zoom levels that you would cycle through in the same way you would switching to BUS(not fast enough for successive targets)... or have the zoom "Free-float" and have the zero separate (not great for high-precision, but a better deal given the magnification), I took the latter. The marks should still be good and approximate for 300m at 3x. Regarding the Leupold, correct, it is almost exactly just the LRPS, so it has the 12.7mm calibration. I plan to fix that.

Regarding the stock morale sticker- haters are invariably and inevitably going to hate, and I have no plans of removing it. A less personalised version, however, on the cards (it'll be all black though, which IMO is less cool, which is appropriate because 16 is for winners).

You know, you actually caught something I didn't- I was inheriting my G3 mags off the FAL ones, which wasn't intended. So yeah, in the meantime, you'll need the FALs for the G3 mags. good news is that they're all on WS now as well as here and Armaholic.

Yes. I have a JSRS config testing internally here, just gotta split it up into respective pbos.

I'm interested, drop me a PM.

So as being made clear now, I've got some patch and updates coming up, ETA couple of weeks. Taking a little breather from working on Arma stuff so as to not reach burn out point, but when I return there patches for everyone and everything. Possibly even more AK/ARs in military config, but no absolute promises on that.

On top of that, a little something going ahead, video gets a little tangential, but the main gist is there-

So- Mp5s or WW2 British Commonwealth? YOU DECIDE.

VOTE FOR THE MP5s! MP5SD6 would be lovely too! The the british commonwealth should come later =D

Edited by Blackwater13

i vote mp5's. a sniper pack would be awesome as well with m24's m107's etc

@ toadie2k i like the detail you put into your weapons, especially your reload animations are well made, but in my opinion you could gave the AR15 pack more love.

Dont understand me false the models, sounds, texture are really good, but why is the charging handle never in use ?

With the first reload and when you fire dry ( when the bolt close again) after your last bullet it should be load with the charging handle and take a little more time as with the bolt catch, that would be so awesome, if you could implement it to the ar15 pack, because all your other packs have realistic reload animation but not the ar15.

that could be asking a lot from a game with such simplistic weapon models as Arma 3

@ toadie2k i like the detail you put into your weapons, especially your reload animations are well made, but in my opinion you could gave the AR15 pack more love.

Dont understand me false the models, sounds, texture are really good, but why is the charging handle never in use ?

With the first reload and when you fire dry ( when the bolt close again) after your last bullet it should be load with the charging handle and take a little more time as with the bolt catch, that would be so awesome, if you could implement it to the ar15 pack, because all your other packs have realistic reload animation but not the ar15.

as far as i know the bolt stays open after the last shot,in that case the bolt stays open except you push the bolt release. sou you just insert a new magazin and push the bolt release--> ready. except for fresh loading(first reload) after taking a ar-15 out of the storage and insert a new magazin or mayor malfunctions, you never ever use the charging handle for reloading not even after you emptied the whole magazin. and arma makes no difference with reload and first reload

I was messing about in the campaign giving all my guerrilla buddies G3s and AKs. I just want to comeback and say without doubt this is one of if not the best sets of weapons I have ever used in the Arma series. I like BI's models this year, I think they have gone up a notch with consistency, modeling and texturing and you my friend have most definitely presented a set of weapons that are bang on the times and up to scratch not looking a spot out of place in the game.

I especially like the reflections and lighting that come off the weapons really giving an authentic look to the metal witch is a real welcome considering practically everything in arma 3 is plastic :rolleyes:

Its up to the shooter how to reload, both ways lead to the destination.

But I know what you mean and my english is to bad to explain what i mean exactly.

But when arma has no difference or can make no difference between it doesnt matter.

Thx for the clarification Kasrkin85th.

Edited by Speedygonzales

yeah okay the shooter can reload how he wants, but what makes more sense, pressing a butten or pull the charging handle ? :-)

Hi there toadie's.

Im wrinting to ask about the scopes for the G3's (G3/SG1, PSG-1 and G3A3) and the FN's (C1A1, LAR, L1A1 and lithgow SLR)

Could you please add some scopes that will give nv solutions. Or nv solutions with close and long range.

Or at least allow it to use the ARCO or something as commom.

Thanks.

Edited by udet