toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Seriously, it's the only thing that hasn't gotten any real attention beyond a few lackluster ArmA 2 ports. I would be so incredibly pleased to have a precision pack from the baddest mofo in the biz.

+1, totally agree. The M14 pack is great for Marksman but we need some dedicated sniper love Toadie!

Interesting, seems like some of the files are related to the FAL and M14 packs which you can find here, but not on Workshop. Plus there's some stuff about MP5s.

Yeah they're maybe a lot of related config between different pack. i have all packs there on WS (HLC Core, AK,G3,M60,Ar15), but for my test i activate only HLC Core, G3 and ASDG.

I know this sounds stupid, but are you sure that your HLC core is activated? Do the weapons animate properly?

It's not too stupid ^^ but i confirm all work fine just pop up and RPT error. It's not an handicap, i just show you where i have some errors.

Even when i launch all mods from WS i gave the same error.

Maybe some of the problems come from the fact that you don't have the other packs?

I have all packs provided by WS, and the first time i see the pop up error even with all pack mods loaded.

Maybe if there really some dependencies with other pack outer of Workshop, maybe Toadies could add them too...Even without this he must add them too :p.

Awesome work, we're using all of your weapon packs in our community.

However I have a favor to ask. Can we have a full ASDG support for all weapons? I'm asking because bipods are nonfunctional, so we could at least add ASDG_JR bipods to marksman rifles. There is also problem with scopes provided with M14. One does not have bullet drop reticle and the other is calibrated for 12.7mm ammo and not for 7.62 so you cannot use them effectively. ASDG would solve both of those problem.

Also:

however, can you remove her from there? no offense but some our clan member don't like those picture in gun (...)

Any chance there would be a JSRS compatibility support? Would be nice to hear indoor sounds with those awesome sounds that comes with the weapons already

Hi, Just like for Robert Hammers M4 pack,

I noticed since the last Bootcamp update that the weapons of your awsome pack have low weight data.

I made some internet searches for actual weight and added these masses to the config file. I'm not releasing it to public, but was wondering if you were interested in this file for any future update ?

Let me know !

What do you mean by weight? If you're talking about the mass the game uses to calculate inventory space it's not related to the weight of the weapon (as in kilograms).

Actually, it's kinda relative to weight since the last update and the new fatigue system.

Setting up the "mass" of the things your carry is rather difficult because it's also relative to space indeed.

As for the weapon in your hands, space isn't much of a deal, and when your M60 is supposed to weigh 23 lbs but weighs 0.1, there is a real impact on fatigue and your avatar's movement capacity.

But it's actually a big change in addon configuration.

Hey Toadie, I just sent you a message about using your AK pack in one of my upcoming mods, would I be able to get the source code for that because I saw you gave away the code for the M60, any chance I could get it for the AK pack? Thanks and awesome mods by the way.

Awesome work, we're using all of your weapon packs in our community.

However I have a favor to ask. Can we have a full ASDG support for all weapons? I'm asking because bipods are nonfunctional, so we could at least add ASDG_JR bipods to marksman rifles. There is also problem with scopes provided with M14. One does not have bullet drop reticle and the other is calibrated for 12.7mm ammo and not for 7.62 so you cannot use them effectively. ASDG would solve both of those problem.

Also:

I wasn't aware the Joint rails now did bipods. I'll have a look into it.

Regarding the scopes: Redfield AR-TEL has no BDC markings, how it works IRL is the zoom power and the scopes zero are mechanically linked (so at 3x power, the lowest setting ,the zero is 300m, at 9x the zero is 900m), and the marks on the vertical post detnote "man-size". The idea being that you adjust the zoom/zero to match those marks, take the shot, and if you need to switch targets, adjust the zero/zoom to match (look it up, it's a fascinating piece of kit). Anyways, Arma doesn't allow the ability to increment zero with zero fluidly as in the IRL scope, so my choices were to have staged zero-zoom levels that you would cycle through in the same way you would switching to BUS(not fast enough for successive targets)... or have the zoom "Free-float" and have the zero separate (not great for high-precision, but a better deal given the magnification), I took the latter. The marks should still be good and approximate for 300m at 3x. Regarding the Leupold, correct, it is almost exactly just the LRPS, so it has the 12.7mm calibration. I plan to fix that.

Regarding the stock morale sticker- haters are invariably and inevitably going to hate, and I have no plans of removing it. A less personalised version, however, on the cards (it'll be all black though, which IMO is less cool, which is appropriate because 16 is for winners).

Yeah they're maybe a lot of related config between different pack. i have all packs there on WS (HLC Core, AK,G3,M60,Ar15), but for my test i activate only HLC Core, G3 and ASDG.

Maybe if there really some dependencies with other pack outer of Workshop, maybe Toadies could add them too...Even without this he must add them too :p.

You know, you actually caught something I didn't- I was inheriting my G3 mags off the FAL ones, which wasn't intended. So yeah, in the meantime, you'll need the FALs for the G3 mags. good news is that they're all on WS now as well as here and Armaholic.

Any chance there would be a JSRS compatibility support? Would be nice to hear indoor sounds with those awesome sounds that comes with the weapons already

Yes. I have a JSRS config testing internally here, just gotta split it up into respective pbos.

Hi, Just like for Robert Hammers M4 pack,

I noticed since the last Bootcamp update that the weapons of your awsome pack have low weight data.

I made some internet searches for actual weight and added these masses to the config file. I'm not releasing it to public, but was wondering if you were interested in this file for any future update ?

Let me know !

I'm interested, drop me a PM.

So as being made clear now, I've got some patch and updates coming up, ETA couple of weeks. Taking a little breather from working on Arma stuff so as to not reach burn out point, but when I return there patches for everyone and everything. Possibly even more AK/ARs in military config, but no absolute promises on that.

On top of that, a little something going ahead, video gets a little tangential, but the main gist is there-

So- Mp5s or WW2 British Commonwealth? YOU DECIDE.

Edited by toadie2k

Toadie, would love to see WW2 British Commonwealth. Some great stuff there to create. Webley revolver, Brens as mentioned in video, Delisle silenced carbine, perhaps even a Thompson or two. Enjoy your break and look forward to your return.

Almost forgot! Australian Owen gun and Austen would be great too.

Toadie, would love to see WW2 British Commonwealth. Some great stuff there to create. Webley revolver, Brens as mentioned in video, Delisle silenced carbine, perhaps even a Thompson or two. Enjoy your break and look forward to your return.

Almost forgot! Australian Owen gun and Austen would be great too.

Can I let you in on something? I already have an Owen gun lined up, which is funny because it's one of the more obscure and least portrayed of all the WW2 Small arms, maybe aside some of the polish stuff, but yeah, stumbled across one, half textured and couldn't say no to putting that pop gun in. Definite yeses to all the above if Commonwealth is the way to go though.Even the Austen if I can wrangle it

I'd rather see the mp5 first. You didnt mention the sd variant: is it also on the menu?

Good to hear. You are right, the Owen doesn't get much coverage even though it played such an important role in WW2. If you go Commonwealth, all we will need is a khaki Australian uniform and some good old fashioned Aussie Slouch hats to complete the ensemble.

toadie thanks again for this pieces of art!!!!

2 little things on g3 "family"

the reflections on g3 magazine in third person is a little weird

and the reticle on g3 psg1 (sniper version) seems too big and ,the green too bright but i don't know if it is so in real life

Can I let you in on something? I already have an Owen gun lined up, which is funny because it's one of the more obscure and least portrayed of all the WW2 Small arms, maybe aside some of the polish stuff, but yeah, stumbled across one, half textured and couldn't say no to putting that pop gun in. Definite yeses to all the above if Commonwealth is the way to go though.Even the Austen if I can wrangle it

Good to hear that you will be doing some less modern armaments. :)

Are we voting? I love these packs! How about something that's not in the game yet. What about the UZI?

I'd love to see some machine guns. But British Commonwealth sounds interesting.

Congrats on constantly being on the Workshop front page, Toadie.

After some consideration, I vote for Commonwealth weapons. I've always liked the WW2 weapons, and it'd be great to have them around.

Sort of in the same way you would enjoy shooting the 1887 shotgun over an 870.

First off, great models! Probably the best AR15 models in the community, so please keep 'em coming! Considering the high quality, like others have mentioned, standard military versions of M4A1 and M16A4 (like the Colt Carbine [+ GL version] with another upper and railed hand guard) would be appreciated, and probably make this already great addon both even better and make it see a more widespread use.

Second, some suggestions:

In your AR15 addon, mounting a suppressor decreases the bullet velocity to 80 % of its normal speed, making all rounds hit low/go short. This is hardly what happens in reality, where bullet velocity is rather increased when using a suppressor, albeit by a most often negligible amount. Zeroing could be affected by mounting a suppressor and many factors do come into play here, but looking at the parameters available in the config for suppressors (adding the MuzzleCoef class), I'd say increasing recoilCoef and recoilProneCoef a little might be what one is looking for to portray a suppressor more accurately. If putting zeroing off by changing initialSpeed actually was your intended goal, why not go the other way and increase it instead, but perhaps just with a smaller value, like 1.05f. Or if you want to add another downside of using a suppressor, a little dispersionCoef might be considered to simulate some irregularities with escaping gas at the muzzle. The true downsides of using a suppressor (handling, weight, heat, dirtier chamber, wear on mechanics, cost) aren't really simulated in the game (AFAIK).

The subsonic .300 round might be another animal considering initial velocity and bullet drop when the suppressor is mounted, but the text above should be applicable to supersonic rounds.

Another point of correction is that many of the AR models aren't positioned and/or centered perfectly when it comes to accessories, and to some extent weapon hold/grip:

- AAC Honey Badger: Good grip, accessories mounts too high ('flying/merged')

- Dissipator: Good grip (+10 cm forward positioning to get rid of stock-in-shoulder would be preferable if possible)

- Magpul carbine: Right wrist 'broken', accessories mounts too high

- Sanitised carbine: Right wrist 'broken', accessories mounts too high

- BCM Jack: Good grip, most accessories correctly positioned

- Bushmaster carbine: Right hand a bit low, left hand a bit high

- Colt carbine + its GL version: Good grip

- LAR-15: Trigger finger pushes into mag well, stock in shoulder, accessories mounts too high

Trying to be constructive, hope you receive it that way too! :) Now, take that well deserved time off and enjoy all the kind words from the community!