toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Toadie is there anyway we could get a railed version of that black M14 without all the rust? I would love to have that model as my marksman rifle, but theres too much rust and no where to add a scope :D

I do love the Troy version, but sometimes you want to go back to the good ol' base rifle

The intent of setting it up like this is that @HLCmods container is supposed to be a sort of modular mod set, Like TMR Realism, with the only core dependancy of the mod being the hlc_core. THe reason being is that I'm basicly doing the additional mods as showcases for the animations, with the real goal being giving the community animations that they can use in their own creation. The intent is to keep the actual bit that other mods might depend on as compact as possible. Servers and missions read dependancies, so I didn't feel the need to spread it out over multiple folders if dodn't have to.

Yes, and I like the set up very much. Just asking for a sentence or two saying "it is ok to overwrite the files mod.cpp, mod.paa and Toadie.bikey and the .pbos and .bisigns can all go in the same folder". Some might not get that right of the bat after downloading the mod.

The no 3-round GL option is intentional, the 3Round GL magazines were designed for Metal Storm GL that the MX rifles have, and the M203 just can't do that.

Makes sense, good call! 3Round GL is a bit imba.

Edited by CrazyOne
letters and stuff.

Hey Toadie!!

The last weapon pack is awesome!...the details to the animations (and the sounds) are top notch...and the Top Guns video too....please make more of them!

I have a little suggestion if I may.

The smoke from every shot are a bit too big/large

could you make them similar to the AK's pack?

Many thanks

The weapons are amazing. :D

Is any chance we could create a unit with the G3 and a scope on ? Like the optic_Hamr instead of iron sight ?

I created a custom unit using the Hlc_G3 ka4 but the player always shows up with ironsight instead of optic_Hamr

weapons[] = {"hlc_rifle_g3ka4","hgun_mas_glock_F","Throw","Put","Laserdesignator","optic_Hamr"};
respawnWeapons[] = {"hlc_rifle_g3ka4","hgun_mas_glock_F","Throw","Put","Laserdesignator","optic_Hamr"};

Thank you

Just stopped by to say:

THANK YOU for these babies! they sure raised the standard to a very high level. And I'm sure that your other projects will have the same high quality, and this makes me drool :D

now, I've read about the barrel length of the G3KA4, and well in case it is to display this exact model, then it might be too long.That being said, please don't remove them, can't you rename 'em into "G3A4 modernized" or something? they are awesome Rifles and I like the idea of an army simply having upgraded their stockpile a bit.

The two things I would like to see, are a full length G3A3 with triangular handrgip as on the G3SG1 version and a G3A3 with grenade launcher. But, of course, this pack already has enough variiety to make me happy :) Thanks again and keep on making them nice boomsticks.

oh and: I laughed my ass off when I saw your "Top Guns", because I had actually just finished watching an epsiode of Top Gear :D

they sure raised the standard to a very high level

Pretty much. With your animations and attention to detail you raised the bar in this modding scene by a very significant amount toadie. I hope you're aware of that.

I absolutely love the creations of the HLC content. I cannot wait to see what is next, they function so well and enhance game-play so much for myself. Wicked awesome video at release of the new ones too btw. Keep up the amazing work! :cool::cool:

For some reason the scopes work, but do not physically show up when mounted. Is there some conflict I am missing? I have the most recent Joint Rails, so that's not it... I am also on beta, could that be a cause?

So I found what was causing myself to have the same issues as you, and it is with regards to another mod installed. The German Future Soldier System Gladius IDZ2-ES mod has a conflict with this one that ends up causing the scopes to not be seen on the weapons, yet still remain functional. I am not sure if there is another mod that conflicts, but this one definitely has and removing it fixed all my issues with the scopes.

Edited by vaultraider
Found solution to same conflict as InstaGoat

I have the scope issue too, but I don't have that German mod, I have BWmod, and AGM. Perhaps one of those break it.

I have the scope issue too, but I don't have that German mod, I have BWmod, and AGM. Perhaps one of those break it.

I already have AGM running, and it does not have a conflict, so I disabled it to test the BWmod.

I originally thought it would be the BWmod, but after downloading it and trying it out to see, it doesn't seem to have a conflict for me with the HLC scopes either.

I turned my AGM back on and it seems like it is still working fine even with both BWmod and AGM running. Perhaps it is another one that is causing a conflict for you. Best guess would be to disable several weapon addons at a time first, and then the rest to see if it runs without that group of weapon addons enabled. If it does work, then you know that you have the conflicting one within the group you disabled, and just test each to see which it is.

Found a new bug, reloading FAL variants (besides the DSA OSW's for some reason) while prone makes your guy's torso go upright which both looks comically unnatural and exposes you if you are under prone level cover.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/558759332987979606/E10C2D1E8928C0B39218E7F8A2E77C94D34EF7CC/ (632 kB)

Try it with vannila weapons/no mods. (happens there too)

Try it with vannila weapons/no mods. (happens there too)

I've played for 800 hours and never seen that. With these guns it is really bad.

Would be cool if you guys can add vertical grips to the M14 SOPMOD and the FAL OSW and G3kA4 without M203, and a m60e4 with upfolded bipod would be nice also or the ability to up-/down fold it.

I've played for 800 hours and never seen that. With these guns it is really bad.

Sprint, reload go prone.Vannila, dev branch no mods.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o492/zemljaje11/arma32014-06-3009-22-53-316_zps2baf358d.jpg (121 kB)

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o492/zemljaje11/arma32014-06-3009-22-56-600_zpsaa94d5ff.jpg (113 kB)

After this position like you see on the picture his torso immediately moves down.Looks funny.

Is not that visible since people usually don't sprint, reload and then go prone this often.My point

is that this is game problem not toady's.

Edited by enex

I thought they fixed that problem, like as part of the stable branch a long time ago, with all stuff.

But maybe he is just missing an animation so it does that? No...

This is odd, I know the cause and I remember the problem, I just didn't think it still exsisted....

I guess it does, why did I re-discover it with these guns in a sense....

:confused:

Weird.

I thought they fixed that problem, like as part of the stable branch a long time ago, with all stuff.

But maybe he is just missing an animation so it does that? No...

This is odd, I know the cause and I remember the problem, I just didn't think it still exsisted....

I guess it does, why did I re-discover it with these guns in a sense....

:confused:

Weird.

The way the animation system in Arma 3 works is action -> stance -> animation. An action triggers the need for an animation, it then references a config file that corresponds with the current stance, and then it plays that animation. So lets say you are reloading an M16, then you instantly go prone. Your spine will be broken backwards, as the animation for reloading while standing up has a different position than the animation of you reloading while prone. However, your stance was changed after the animation was called. This is why you can start a reload animation for a machine gun, then get in a helicopter and you'll keep doing it until you are done.

Unlike other games, Arma 3 does not have the ability to tween inbetween different animations of different stances smoothy. That is to say if you are on frame 60 of M16 reload animation while prone and you stand up, you'll be on frame 61 of the standing variant of the reload animation (or however many frames pass while you get up). Its part of the reason why animating for Arma 3 is so tedious. Instead of making one single animation that can be played with any stance like in COD or having a couple like standing and prone like BF, you have to make one for each major stance, else you have irregularities. Unless you are fine with them of course.

Hi toadie,

You should include mod.cpp only to @hlcmods_core, there are duplicities in main menu if some one uses all of your mods > image

Hi i would like to ask again about the M14s ,its there any chance that there would be Wood M14 with top rail so i can attach Acog,aimpoints etc. from ASDG Attachments for example ?

Quality is best I've seen! Very good looking rifles and animations!

Couple of little questions about M14/M21:

1. Are there any chances of well-maintained M14 and M21 (wihout all this rust they would look much more like real rifles, that would be mintained if intended to use)?

2. Is that possible to configure the M14 and M21 the way that, when there are no optic there are no rail showed, but when you mount some kind of scope it shows up?

Thanks for all your addons, they really make A3 a better game.

Good afternoon, Yesterday I downloaded addon pack Ak, but no sounds of weapons firing.

What could be the problem? :confused:

Good afternoon, Yesterday I downloaded addon pack Ak, but no sounds of weapons firing.

What could be the problem? :confused:

i bet that you use the game dev build, ;) switch on stable

Aloha :)

I noticed I didn't post here already about the new release. Thank you very much, especially for the G3 pack and allowing me to further cultivate my love/hate relationship with the HK ironsights.

The Top Guns video is awesome too. Can we get more episodes for the next releases? :D

That sounds likely. I know that suppressors are set to change,so it wouldn't surprise me if more likewise changes were on the way too. That said, There's patches for everything due thanks to this, but I'm only going to roll them out once the Bootcamp update is on stable. Meantime, my only advice to the lack of sound is to rollback to stable if it's only occurring in Dev.
Have you already implemented those changes? I allowed myself to mess around your configs for personal use and can send you the changes.

GREAT job on this, Toadie. Very impressed by both your AK family pack and your HK pack. The slimline G3 and the G3KA4 are excellent for playing dressup as Norwegian units. Keep 'em coming, you have a real talent.