toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

This pack is incredible....Just totally expanded the options for time periods and third world type missions! Only thin missing is the Standard FN type FAL with full stock. The Top Gear video was great btw.

Lamar

There's a small shadow LOD bug on the G3KA4. The base of the buttstock projects a thin shadow in the form of an extruded line, which stretches down to the ground and is observable through the body of the unit from certain angles.

Picture showing the shadow bug

Normally those bugs are caused by a face somewhere in the shadow LOD where the mesh maybe isn't properly closed (check structure\topology\find non-closed), or one of the faces isn't triangulated, so still forms a quad (fix by selecting the buttstock and press [/] or [\]). Could also be that there may also be an errant face stuck inside the mesh that needs deleting.

Will check if the bug is present on rifles with a similar collapsible stock (MC51, HK53 etc.)

btw, I'm not sure the barrel length is correct for the G3KA4. On the G3KA4 (L100A1) that used to be used in the UK (and as far as I can tell it's the same for other users), the barrel didn't really extend further than the gas-block/front-sight. The profile on your model seems to be somewhere in-between the G3KA4 and the G3A4 in its appearance: A shortened piston/gas-system and a standard barrel profile beyond the front sight.

Really enjoying your work though - nice sounds, anims and models (and tah for ASDG compatibility on the picatinny railed weapons). I'm always a fan of having more 7.62x51mm rifles in Arma :)

Edited by da12thMonkey

Anyone know how you get the bipod to fold up like in the video? on the RPK. Also I am not getting the custom reload animations on the new guns, but am getting them with the AKs.

Edited by Gary

Anyone know how you get the bipod to fold up like in the video? on the RPK. Also I am not getting the custom reload animations on the new guns, but am getting them with the AKs.

Have you updated the HLC_core to v.4? (each new weapon pack Toadie2K releases, you´ll ahve to download and update the hlc_core addon =)

cheers!

;2715291']Have you updated the HLC_core to v.4? (each new weapon pack Toadie2K releases' date=' you´ll ahve to download and update the hlc_core addon =)

cheers![/quote']

yes there was a new HLC_core realeased

weird that pw6 didn't update that one yet. Back to the bipod of the RPK, is there anyway to fold it?

Toadie, could you put the .4 version of HLC Core up on PlayWithSix?

Without it withsix is useless for these mods and I have to manually download. That's fine, but my clan mates will be far less reluctant to download it and therefore ruin my chances of coop with these guns.

Awesom weapons keep up your good work :cool:

btw: can you also make a G3A3 with m203 GL? thx in advance

Whelp! Looks like my info is pretty outdated: railed fore-ends are now really a thing. My only real reference pics of the KA4 are from when they first came out.G3KA4.jpg

Anyways, I've noticed that there's a bullet in the SA M14 when you pull the charging handle. Attention to detail, very good, very good. It seems to be missing on the DMR, and I can't tell on the Troy one. I like the how your guy does an underhand when you're prone: It helps to trick people into thinking that you know what you're doing with an AK (*cough* *cough*).

Also, this is an extremely minor detail, but I can't seem to find the fire selector on the M14s. Isn't there one right here?

Great work and thank you so much for a great mod! The models and the sounds are excellent! All of the weapons are worthy of a highlight, but if I were to highlight some of the highlights, it would be the DMR and M14 reload sounds. Also, the gun sound of the G3 - that wave of sound echoing slightly as it travels away from you, just as I remembered it!! I cant wait to try this out on skirmishes!

However, I found some issues.

• In the file mod.cpp the name is "Half-Life Creations Mod Set" (as mentioned in other posts). I guess that is where the HLC-name comes from.
  • When using the Virtual Ammobox v2.5 by Tonic I get an error message whenever I select (i.e. load) a weapon. The error message is: "Cannot load texture HLC_WP_m60e4\tex\m60e4_ti_ca.paa. Needless to say, I do not have the M60 mod installed (but I will install it now ;) ). No other issues than the error message, so not a big deal, but you wrote the Battle rifles packs where independent of eachother in the original post in this thread and I assume you might feel the same way about the M60- and the AK-mods too.
  • After I installed the M60-mod, I now get an AK-related error message, "Cannot load texture HLC_wp_ak\tex\gp30\gp30_co.paa". I have yet to try out the AK-mod (having too
    much fun with the other mods ;)
  • Not a big issue, but when installing the G3, FAL and M14 mods together, there is a potential subtle point that one should install all of the three and the HLC core mod in the same folder (@HLCmods). The mod.cpp, mod.paa and Toadie.bikey are identical for the G3, FAL, M14 and the core mod, but it doesnt say anywhere. A short sentence about
    this in readme.txt would be optimal.
  • The G3 GL-version(s) can not shoot the 40 mm 3rnd-grenades. Also, the GL iron sight is on the right side of the gun and are obstructed when using scopes such as the Nightstalker. Lastly, when reloading a new grenade, the loading arm is in the back position and the current magazine is missing. This last point is not a big deal. On the other hand, thank you very much for making the GL iron sights actually accurate. Other weapon-packs have not calibrated these; yours are fine tuned!

Again, thanks for phenomenal mod with great attention to detail, efficient reload animations and timings and the sounds - ooooh, the SOUNDS! :D

Great mod Toadie, possibly the best weapons for Arma 3 out there.

However, I found a bug with FALs, when reloading while prone it seems that the crouching reload-animation kicks in and makes the torso bend straight up while the legs stay prone.

http://i.imgur.com/JdbavqI.jpg (507 kB)

Anyone else having this bug?

Edited by klonesoldaten
added picture

Is there a way to fold up the RPK's bipod???

Your MOD is splendid, and I love the reload animation, but I noticed that the FAL OSW is not animation in the bolt at the time of recharge.

If you can fix this I would be very grateful.

Translate by Google

For some reason the scopes work, but do not physically show up when mounted. Is there some conflict I am missing? I have the most recent Joint Rails, so that's not it... I am also on beta, could that be a cause?

Hello iam fan of M14s (it was my most used weapon in ACE2 in Arma2) and i would love to ask if there would be a woodstock version of M14 with top rail so i could attach on it a ASDG Attachments for example

none of my weapons have sound.... help?

Getting same problem with only the required mods active, and most up to date versions from PW6.

Every other weapon works just fine, just the battlerifles are giving me trouble

should've been a little clearer. none of toadie's weapons have sound for me right now. i didnt use pw6 to install them. they were working before. ive been playing on the developement patch right now, dont know if that makes a diffrence.

should've been a little clearer. none of toadie's weapons have sound for me right now. i didnt use pw6 to install them. they were working before. ive been playing on the developement patch right now, dont know if that makes a diffrence.

it does

Sounds are not being played due to the change in muzzle config. Weapons have to be updated to the new config for sounds to be played. This update is in prep for the Bootcamp DLC coming soon.

Sounds are not being played due to the change in muzzle config. Weapons have to be updated to the new config for sounds to be played. This update is in prep for the Bootcamp DLC coming soon.

That sounds likely. I know that suppressors are set to change,so it wouldn't surprise me if more likewise changes were on the way too. That said, There's patches for everything due thanks to this, but I'm only going to roll them out once the Bootcamp update is on stable. Meantime, my only advice to the lack of sound is to rollback to stable if it's only occurring in Dev.

There's a small shadow LOD bug on the G3KA4. The base of the buttstock projects a thin shadow in the form of an extruded line, which stretches down to the ground and is observable through the body of the unit from certain angles.

Will check if the bug is present on rifles with a similar collapsible stock (MC51, HK53 etc.)

btw, I'm not sure the barrel length is correct for the G3KA4. On the G3KA4 (L100A1) that used to be used in the UK (and as far as I can tell it's the same for other users), the barrel didn't really extend further than the gas-block/front-sight. The profile on your model seems to be somewhere in-between the G3KA4 and the G3A4 in its appearance: A shortened piston/gas-system and a standard barrel profile beyond the front sight.

Really enjoying your work though - nice sounds, anims and models (and tah for ASDG compatibility on the picatinny railed weapons). I'm always a fan of having more 7.62x51mm rifles in Arma :)

Yep, I caught that shadow like 5 minutes after I published the links >_< ,it's a flipped face in the Shadow, I'll have it patched when I make everything all bootcamp-gravy.

You might be right about the KA4, that being said I have seen shots of KA4s with A4 profile barrels, then again those could be refit PTR-91s(They make "K" models don't they?) or something *shrug*.

Anyways, I've noticed that there's a bullet in the SA M14 when you pull the charging handle. Attention to detail, very good, very good. It seems to be missing on the DMR, and I can't tell on the Troy one.

Also, this is an extremely minor detail, but I can't seem to find the fire selector on the M14s. Isn't there one right here?

There is on both the Troy and DMR, but the DMR has some faces that block the magazine from visibility ( I don't think the BIS modellers intended for the inside of the reciver to be really all that visible ever). I could have scalped it out, but I don't think the end result would have been worth the additional effort.

anyway, you're 100% correct on the selector, it's missing. I'll need to do an update to make everything so far bootcamp-compatible, I'll see what I can do about swinging in some selector switch then.

Great work and thank you so much for a great mod! The models and the sounds are excellent! All of the weapons are worthy of a highlight, but if I were to highlight some of the highlights, it would be the DMR and M14 reload sounds. Also, the gun sound of the G3 - that wave of sound echoing slightly as it travels away from you, just as I remembered it!! I cant wait to try this out on skirmishes!

However, I found some issues.

Again, thanks for phenomenal mod with great attention to detail, efficient reload animations and timings and the sounds - ooooh, the SOUNDS! :D

Glad you liked it, I'll try to addess your list as best as I can-

The intent of setting it up like this is that @HLCmods container is supposed to be a sort of modular mod set, Like TMR Realism, with the only core dependancy of the mod being the hlc_core. THe reason being is that I'm basicly doing the additional mods as showcases for the animations, with the real goal being giving the community animations that they can use in their own creation. The intent is to keep the actual bit that other mods might depend on as compact as possible. Servers and missions read dependancies, so I didn't feel the need to spread it out over multiple folders if dodn't have to.

Good catch on both, I'll look into them for the Bootcamp patches.

The no 3-round GL option is intentional, the 3Round GL magazines were designed for Metal Storm GL that the MX rifles have, and the M203 just can't do that.

To the loading thing- that's an Arma 3 thing unfortunately, as it stands when you reload the GL, the whole gun goes into reload animation. BI Said they're looking into oing something about this. And yeah, big scopes do obstruct the GL sight (and in the case of both the OSW and G3KA4 GLs, so do flashlights and lasers). I'll see what I can do about it, but I can't promise anything, don't want to render them unusable

Edited by toadie2k
Replying to some more things, didn't feel like wasting another post

Does weapons with JSRS support lack sounds in dev mode too or only mod weapons that use vanilla sounds? I recall that, when BIS changed sounds to .wss some weapons had sound when equipped with suppressor (cus their config pointd to use vanilla suppressor sound) or this sound overhaul will crap all mod weapons ? =P

;2716729']Does weapons with JSRS support lack sounds in dev mode too or only mod weapons that use vanilla sounds? I recall that' date=' when BIS changed sounds to .wss some weapons had sound when equipped with suppressor (cus their config pointd to use vanilla suppressor sound) or this sound overhaul will crap all mod weapons ? =P[/quote']

It'll crap sounds pathed in a any class cfgweapons firemodes that are not set up in the new "StandardSound" type format.

Whether JSRS and other soundmod audio works on custom weapons depends on whether the weapon in question paths to the soundfiles using the new method, or relies on inheriting them from a BIS weapon class where the soundmod has not been updated to replace sounds in the new config format.

If someone makes a custom weapons with paths written directly to the sounds in a soundmod using the new config format it will work (same as if they'd pathed to their own custom sounds) even if the BIS weapons don't use the original replacement sounds where the soundmod is not yet updated to the new layout in order to overwrite the BIS weapon config values.

Whether any scripted features of soundmods work (distant sounds, environmental effects etc.), depends on how the script was written and if it needs to read any information about the weapon fire sounds from the weapon's firemode using call bis_fnc_getcfgdata or some such. The script path needed to access the sound information from the config would need to be adjusted to match the new config layout.

But I don't know if that's something that the scripts do or not - so I can't say for certain whether the new config setup would effect those features.

Edited by da12thMonkey