toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

When I use the AK's pso, I've found the optic scope is not that round but looks like a oval, is that true?

Todie, you still have plans to continue working and expanding this mod?

I saw that you plan was to release the m4, but also it will be good if you can look at the feedback of some of the issues found in the AK / m60

So far is the best AK mod I saw and it will be a shame if is not updated.

Todie, you still have plans to continue working and expanding this mod?

I saw that you plan was to release the m4, but also it will be good if you can look at the feedback of some of the issues found in the AK / m60

So far is the best AK mod I saw and it will be a shame if is not updated.

Yes to both, I have been keeping track of the thread and have been making notes for patches, apologies if it seems otherwise.

But yes, AR15s (M4/M16 types) are coming end of month (at the very latest first week of June), and I plan to patch the AKs and M60 in-line with that. Mostly it'll be bugfixes though, like the PSO "scope ring" being slightly ovaloid, some weight fixes. I don't have another AK up my sleeves (... yet ...).

Yes to both, I have been keeping track of the thread and have been making notes for patches, apologies if it seems otherwise.

But yes, AR15s (M4/M16 types) are coming end of month (at the very latest first week of June), and I plan to patch the AKs and M60 in-line with that. Mostly it'll be bugfixes though, like the PSO "scope ring" being slightly ovaloid, some weight fixes. I don't have another AK up my sleeves (... yet ...).

Great to hear!

Any chance we can get a sneak peak of some sort to the types of AR's you'll be gracing us with? IIRC I remember seeing some really sick animations for em awhile back. Lookin forward to the release bro!

Any chance we can get a sneak peak of some sort to the types of AR's you'll be gracing us with? IIRC I remember seeing some really sick animations for em awhile back. Lookin forward to the release bro!

Look at his channel in youtube, he is testing lots of guns.

Look at his channel in youtube, he is testing lots of guns.

Quite.

To the point though, seeing as we're nearing the next release mark rapidly, here's the short list in image form, to tide you over.

The short story is I didn't want to go over well-trodden territory with AR15s, you know, the usual M4,M16,Mk.12, etc, they get done enough times that I'm sure if someone wanted the animations from the pack on any of the 12 or 13 sets of the more vanilla ARs floating around it won't be that long before someone puts something like that. Anyway, the result is a bit of outside of the box representation- some older variants, some differing chamberings, some bleeding edge exotic concepts, some retrofits. There's a couple more +M203 variants I'd like to throw in there, but you get the idea.

Preview Gallery

Edited by toadie2k

Quite.

To the point though, seeing as we're nearing the next release mark rapidly, here's the short list in image form, to tide you over.

The short story is I didn't want to go over well-trodden territory with AR15s, you know, the usual M4,M16,Mk.12, etc, they get done enough times that I'm sure if someone wanted the animations from the pack on any of the 12 or 13 sets of the more vanilla ARs floating around it won't be that long before someone puts something like that. Anyway, the result is a bit of outside of the box representation- some older variants, some differing chamberings, some bleeding edge exotic concepts, some retrofits. There's a couple more +M203 variants I'd like to throw in there, but you get the idea.

Preview Gallery

Nice, but this AK pack needs only one tweak, the 5.45 guns are too weak against CSAT and AAF armors, it should at worst be no weaker than vanilla 5.56. Other than that I have no complaints.

Waw hours spent on this guns and they look wonderful!I hope that makes you proud men!

Quite.

Preview Gallery

:627: Nice! let's hope some other moders can start using to anims... I love RH m4 .. but the reload sound.. is so bad that I stop using it.

Hey Toadie, to quick question: We´re you part of the Infiltration (UT99 mod) modding community? Just saw one of your videos and the hands and surroundings reminded me of INF (the weapon you were testing was high poly thou)... second: are you doing some optics for this AR15 pack? Or does the Colt Model 727 will support optics over the carry handle? I would just love to see HAFM or Massi´s M68 aimpoint attached to it like in "Blackhawk Down"!!!

colt_m727_black_hawk_down_by_odmichael-d4vpo9s.jpg

cheers!

Man, this makes me wish imgur wasn't blocked/disabled/not working properly in where I live. I'll just keep the faith and say that you're doing great!

Hi toadie2k,

I absolutely love your ak pack, it is by far one of the best weapon sets I have seen in Arma 3 and that includes the vanilla rifles. The animations and polish of those weapons are awesome, we use it all the time when playing as eastern rebels.

Question though:

Will you be expanding it in the future and if yes will they be including the following models:

- AK-74M, it's the official main rifle of the Russian Federation, would be cool to have it with your quality textures for our Russian in-house army.

- AS Val, a great weapon for Russian Spec-Ops missions.

- Dragunov SVD, a great marksman rifle for eastern rebels and Russian army.

- PKM and/or PKP, the essential Russian MMG. Currently we use the @caf_ag version but it is just not optimised for player usage.

Thanks a lot for your feedback and your hard work in the community.

Hey Toadie's i have a question.

I'm trying to apply your great animations to other weapons pack ( in this case, AK's ). Everything is working fine, but i can't manage to get the magazine moving properly, to get the magazine " synced " with the animation.

What should i do, what file drives that ?

Thanks in advance.

There is something VERY wrong with saiga12k with buckshot ammo. It can explode UGV or car in single shot, as well as send infantry flying to space...

Hi Toadie

I'm only using your pack now for east weapons, as it is to me the best AK pack released so far in terms of quality (Anim, Textures....)... But could you please add more AK variants to get it even more versatile? As JamesClarke just said, we really need AK74M, for instance!

By the way, but I noticed that AK74S textures color were changing along with weather (from brown to black)... Do you plan to fix that? You might already have given a reply, but I didn't had time to have a look from all the posts, so sorry if I'm annoying you with that

Anyway, carry on on that way! That's promising mate

Hey Toadie, could you add ASDG support to all AKs? (right now it is restricted to Ak12)

Robalo updated ASDG to have support to dove tailed rails (russian system) so it will only be compactible with sudden´s, SFP (russian plugin) and massi´s russian optics!

Looking forward for the Colt M727 and the MP5 a lot too ;)

cheers!

;2712118']Hey Toadie' date=' could you add ASDG support to all AKs? (right now it is restricted to Ak12) Robalo updated ASDG to have support to dove tailed rails (russian system) so it will only be compactible with sudden´s, SFP (russian plugin) and massi´s russian optics!Looking forward for the Colt M727 and the MP5 a lot too ;) cheers![/quote']

I must admit I haven't had any plans to add support to it as of yet, mainly because I don't know how their proxies are oriented yet. That's not to say I won't, but it's something I need to investigate.

;2693380']Hey Toadie' date=' to quick question: We´re you part of the Infiltration (UT99 mod) modding community? Just saw one of your videos and the hands and surroundings reminded me of INF (the weapon you were testing was high poly thou)... second: are you doing some optics for this AR15 pack? Or does the Colt Model 727 will support optics over the carry handle? I would just love to see HAFM or Massi´s M68 aimpoint attached to it like in cheers![/quote']

UT99, no. Not unless you count a 2 week stint on the short-lived Perfect Dark Unreal Tournament project over a decade ago as part of it. (and following Rareware recreations as a

theme, I WAS an animator on Perfect Dark Source too). My jazz has been the Half-Life and Source modding communities until I got well hooked on Arma.

To the 727 - Though I disagree with the choice of doing it (oh man that height above bore is a killer), yes, yes you can do it. I'm also thinking of a way of doing the barrel-mounted WMLs, which will probably also be available for the AKs too if it happens, especially the ones without rails. But that won't be in this release though.

Hi toadie2k,

- AK-74M, it's the official main rifle of the Russian Federation, would be cool to have it with your quality textures for our Russian in-house army.

- AS Val, a great weapon for Russian Spec-Ops missions.

- Dragunov SVD, a great marksman rifle for eastern rebels and Russian army.

- PKM and/or PKP, the essential Russian MMG. Currently we use the @caf_ag version but it is just not optimised for player usage.

Thanks a lot for your feedback and your hard work in the community.

All 4 I have plans for in the future. Couldn't give you an estimate on when, but the 74M would probably be the next of the 4. Or the PKM.

Anyway, the release is going up now, I just need to sort out my uploads, media, and the youtube thing to go with it, and a couple of media things. ETA .. about 6 hours all told.

Edited by toadie2k

YEEAAHHH! OKAAAYY!

Anyways, when you say "well hooked on Arma", does that mean that For Hire is on hiatus? Been following it for a few years, and it's always nice to know that it's still on.

same here, very excited. I won't go to sleep tonight until I get to play around with it

Its up, check the first page.

I've got AK and M60 hotfixes coming online later this weekend, so stay posted for those to.

I apologise to Foxhound and Sonsalt6 ahead of time for continually fragmenting my mod into smaller chunks, I can't imagine how much of a chore it is chasing updates and things.

This MIGHT have been an April Fools idea that took two months too long to execute on.

YEEAAHHH! OKAAAYY!

Anyways, when you say "well hooked on Arma", does that mean that For Hire is on hiatus? Been following it for a few years, and it's always nice to know that it's still on.

Not hiatus per-se, it's had to take on a bit of a backburner to other things where it is (contracted work, education, etc). It's still going, but it's a slow burn, especially when I'm doing the programming myself (not really my field).I'm afraid it's just to have to be one of those things that only pays out with patience.