toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

It's a really beautiful group of weapons, IMO the best Russian weapon pack for A3. And the animations are superb.

Really good job! Thank you!

( Do you have any thoughts about adding a M249? I really think that the community would appreciate a high quality one, as today all the mods use an A2 port, and the A2's M249 was quite awful looking )

May be reverse picture for AK-74, AKS-74 and RPK in accordance with other weapons?

1P29 Scope and PSO-1 have errors.

Sighting grid 1P29 haven't direct line

http://i2.guns.ru/forums/icons/forum_pictures/005423/5423706.jpg

PSO-1 on rangefinder grid haven't 6, 10 numbers

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a9/Distance_meas.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/PSO-1_and_PSO-1-1_Reticle_Scheme.png

Config errors

PSO-1

discreteDistance[] = {400};
distanceZoomMin = 400;
distanceZoomMax = 400;

But PSO-1 Have

discreteDistance[] = {300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000};
distanceZoomMin = 300;
distanceZoomMax = 1000;

Distance 1100, 1200, 1300 used first, second and third triangle accordingly

1P29

discreteDistance[] = {300}; //Err
distanceZoomMin = 400;
distanceZoomMax = 400;

Really 1P29 Have

discreteDistance[] = {400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200};
distanceZoomMin = 400;
distanceZoomMax = 1200;

Goshawk

discreteDistance[] = {100, 200, 300, 400, 500};
distanceZoomMin = 300;
distanceZoomMax = 300;

Really Goshawk have

discreteDistance[] = {300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400, 1500, 1600, 1700, 1800, 1900, 2000, 2100, 2200};
distanceZoomMin = 300;
distanceZoomMax = 2200;

And why Cobra Scope haven't parameter - discretedistance ?

Do you plan to do a GL version of the normal Ak 74?

Suggestions for Optics

No, the stadiametric rangefinder on the PSO isn't 100% accurate to the real thing, because I used the BI PSO as a base for it, and the rangefinder on that was made to suit ingame conditions rather than real-life ones. And from what I understand of you trying to say about the 1p29.... Technically true to a degree, but the rangefinder on the 1p29 also has it's own optical aperture, which is something you can't really simulate in Arma yet. I did my best to keep the intent of it.

Regarding variable zeros/zoom: So though the PSO and 1p29 CAN range out to 1200m IRL, but because of the way zeroing works in everything but ACE2, having a variable zero negates the point of having gradiated chevrons for bullet drop specifically on the PSO, and makes the 1p29 much less predictable to correct. It also makes both scopes more functionally complex than intended for "standard infantry" and tailors it more for marksmen roles (even though the magnification isn't ideal, and technically the PSO IS a marksman optic), and that kind of goes against the spirit of their selection as Combat optics ingame.

Basically the same reason ACOGs and such in Arma don't do the same. I guess the same could be said of the goshawk, but it's more of a special case, so I'll see to adding the zeroing.

Regarding the Kobra- it doesn't have discrete zeroing because there's no point on an unmagnified collimator, with both 5.45 and 7.62x39 , the trajectory of the round isn't going to change drastically whether zeroed at 100 or 300, and beyond 400m is really outside the practical shooting range with a kobra anyway (both IRL and ingame)

No, the stadiametric rangefinder on the PSO isn't 100% accurate to the real thing, because I used the BI PSO as a base for it, and the rangefinder on that was made to suit ingame conditions rather than real-life ones. And from what I understand of you trying to say about the 1p29.... Technically true to a degree, but the rangefinder on the 1p29 also has it's own optical aperture, which is something you can't really simulate in Arma yet. I did my best to keep the intent of it.

Regarding variable zeros/zoom: So though the PSO and 1p29 CAN range out to 1200m IRL, but because of the way zeroing works in everything but ACE2, having a variable zero negates the point of having gradiated chevrons for bullet drop specifically on the PSO, and makes the 1p29 much less predictable to correct. It also makes both scopes more functionally complex than intended for "standard infantry" and tailors it more for marksmen roles (even though the magnification isn't ideal, and technically the PSO IS a marksman optic), and that kind of goes against the spirit of their selection as Combat optics ingame.

Basically the same reason ACOGs and such in Arma don't do the same. I guess the same could be said of the goshawk, but it's more of a special case, so I'll see to adding the zeroing.

Regarding the Kobra- it doesn't have discrete zeroing because there's no point on an unmagnified collimator, with both 5.45 and 7.62x39 , the trajectory of the round isn't going to change drastically whether zeroed at 100 or 300, and beyond 400m is really outside the practical shooting range with a kobra anyway (both IRL and ingame)

Okay.

What is you will say about localize?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172850-Toadie-s-SmallArms-and-Animations-for-Arma3&p=2665187&viewfull=1#post2665187

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172850-Toadie-s-SmallArms-and-Animations-for-Arma3&p=2665186&viewfull=1#post2665186

Shooting past 250-300 meters with a 7.62x39mm round is not advised anyway especially from an AK-47 or similar barrel length rifle, the potential damage and accuracy of the round is lesser in comparison to other rounds like 5.56x45 or 7.62x51 at 250+ meters.

Edited by Spartan0536

Hi,

we tested your AKs today - absolutely great mod!!!

But: my friend had the same crashs as already noted - with an ATI-Driver (HD 4000 series)!

Hope for a fix...

Getting positive responses back from my Nvidia crash testers, looks like the bug's been squashed, so pending any REALLY bad issues, looking to push out a patch mid-week. It'll come with a few minor fixes with it, amongst them -

And as a bit of an apology gift to everyone affected by the crash, I'm throwing a couple of things in

If nothing comes up, this Wednesday is happening.

Thank you good sir! Our group can't wait... we love your work!

AK patch is up, as well as a re-signed HLC_core. Check the first page for like (Armaholic and six links up shortly, use the main downloads in the meantime).

Updated versions frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Few questions though.

- can you provide a changelog for the changes in the AK pack (I could not find it)?

- what is the correct version of the HLC core? Cause right now you mention three different versions, 0.2a, 0.2 hotfix and 0.3 which is a bit confusing. For now I went with 0.2a.

AK patch is up, as well as a re-signed HLC_core. Check the first page for like (Armaholic and six links up shortly, use the main downloads in the meantime).

Cool to see a new update! Is there any possibility for an AK74m with the black plastic stock for the next update?

Only thing the saiga needs is a more closed pattern. After checking some videos, at 25 yards the pattern was about 8 - 14 inches wide, the guns used all had longer barrels though. But the pattern for the saiga at the moment is about 3 meters wide at that distance, at least on my screen...

Do I have a mod conflicting somewhere, or is this intended?

You forgot to add ammunition in ammobox

hlc_75Rnd_762x39_m_rpk

As here

class _xx_hlc_75Rnd_762x39_m_rpk {
 magazine = "hlc_75Rnd_762x39_m_rpk";
 count = 60;
};

And Error on Description Saiga 12K Ammo(Rounds: 12 Not 10)

descriptionshort = "Caliber: 12 Gauge 00-Buck<br />Rounds: 12<br />Used in: Saiga12K";

Updated versions frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Few questions though.

- can you provide a changelog for the changes in the AK pack (I could not find it)?

- what is the correct version of the HLC core? Cause right now you mention three different versions, 0.2a, 0.2 hotfix and 0.3 which is a bit confusing. For now I went with 0.2a.

0.2a is fine, there's no real difference, except it's re-signed.

I was wondering whether it would be possible to enable using the ironsights with the pso1 and 1p29. That would be great.

After the update (which has cured my crashing issue thankfully! great work Toadie) I have been messing around with the AKs and also the m60. I have noticed that the AI treat the m60 and the RPK like a rifle, firing in only two-three round bursts. In comparison to a vanilla MG where the AI use longer bursts. Is anyone else having this issue?

The best weapon mod I found... the quality of the animation are impressive!

Eagerly waiting for the rest of the guns you are showing at your channel!

Toadie, I found problems what I don't know you have been reported:

1- AK scopes, when you are about 20 meters away from someone with the scope you see a big white block instead of the attachment.

2- M60 (not the e4) it allows to mount scopes, but the scopes goes inside the model.

I have been really enjoying this mod. Thank you for making it available. I do have one issue that I think I've narrowed down to your RPKs. They seem to be sniper accurate. I have a squad with a bunch of AK-47s and a couple of RPKs. Unless I turn the RPK dudes' skill down to way low, they seem to pick me off immediately. The AK guys have a "normal" skill (in the editor) and will be less accurate (but still a threat). Am I the only one seeing this?