toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Problem with your guns is that they're so high quality, when you release a pack well, you want some more.

i use all of optics. only with iron sight is ok.

secondary mode? :) nop. but in "primary mode" or "default" is not good :P

That secondary you speak of must be the color change for low light missions and its awesome by the way.

how do I add custom ammo that is added by the newly HLC AK pack

Here are the ammo types

I added the bullet base in the cfg, but the damage is still way too low and it doesn't seem like it changes at all. How would the config be setup for this custom ammo?

hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK

hlc_30Rnd_545x39_T_AK

hlc_30Rnd_545x39_EP_AK

hlc_45Rnd_545x39_t_rpk

hlc_30Rnd_762x39_b_ak

hlc_30Rnd_762x39_t_ak

hlc_45Rnd_762x39_t_rpk

hlc_45Rnd_762x39_m_rpk

PSO's secondary is neat. I remember using one at night. I couldn't see anything and thought to myself that I would be better or switching to the iron s... wait a minute.

I then proceeded to murder everything in my path with extreme prejudice in perfect clarity.

What do you have planned next (as opposed to when. Take your time, you don't owe us anything.)? I've a feeling that you may bring in more AK and non-AK variants, but I don't know what else is coming.

Toadie, these look amazing! I'm happy to be able to discover great mods thanks to comments on our own site like this one for yours;

@ "]http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/mods/hlcmods-ak

Wow, this is how you make an Arma 3 addon. The animations are very good and synced up to the sounds, which are also amazing. I like how the RPk is tilted up when reloading while prone, to avoid clipping the magazine on the ground as it would IRL with the big 45 rounders. Looking forward to more addons from you, if any future mods are the same quality as this or even better, they are instantly going into my mod preset.

I also saw you claimed your mods, when we have more progress to share you will receive an e-mail right away!

Keep up the great work!

Toadie, now I know that I'm nitpicking, but it's only 'cause I love you...r work.

I noticed that putting a suppressor switches the firemode sequence on the gun (first notch becomes semi, second becomes full auto). "God dammit 13isLucky! Nobody looks at the selector switch on an AK!"

Apparently the 1P29 scope is tritium-illuminated. I distinctly recall the TMR scopes only illuminated at night, maybe you could ask Tao how it was done, because that would be neat-o. Also BUIS please.

I notice that the recoil is significantly higher on full auto than on semi. Coupled with the suppressor (which seems to increase recoil even more) and the 7.62x39mm becomes a spinal destroyer on full auto. I do realize that this may be on purpose, but I just wanted to point it out.

This one is a request, which I know isn't good to do, but is there any chance of having AKMSs and AKSs? I'm missing out on that double underfolding action. (Too soon?)

Hi;

The latest 2.0 version do not work in A3 for me anymore. In editor it gives me errors about :

"No entry: config.bin/Cfgweapons/hlc_lmg_M60E4.namesound."

"No entry: config.bin/Cfgweapons/hlc_lmg_M60E4.selectionfireanim."

Reverting to 1.1 ver. gives no error.

Mods updated with playwithsix

regards

pawel

First of all congratulations on a quality mod.

Second, I was wondering whether the weapons' weight has an influence on animation/reload/aiming speed?

Thanks,

Ed. Also please please please do a SVD. You could really do it justice.

Edited by Flaky

can you please look into these:

Cannot find a sound file hlc_core\data\sounds\empty_assaultrifles.wav

Cannot find a sound file hlc_wp_m60e4\snd\empty_machineguns.wav

Could you also add an AK74M with a railed handguard to be able to use laser pointers and/or flashlights?

Excellent animations toady!I was so enthusiastic that I created thread about it on community and

made couple of videos.If you want to see how do they look like here they are linky

Improvements:

Item descriptions are bugged (ak47 listed as 5.54, magazines list the wrong guns/guns not in pack)

The AK pack itself also has an ungodly amount of texture files (125 of 150 megabytes are textures) and though

I can't look at the model files to confirm it, it looks like at least a few of them are redundant.

Edited by enex

Could you also add an AK74M with a railed handguard to be able to use laser pointers and/or flashlights?

You should check the list of compatible weapons for the 5.45x39mm magazines. A little part of me re-lit with anticipation.

From what I understand, that error came about because the update to the Arma3 tools was released a little ahead of the core game update it was supporting. If it's still happening, drop me a PM.

Same goes for anyone having video driver crashes with Nvidia cards when using the AKs-

If it's still persisting for you and you don't mind being a guinea pig, I have test solution I'd like to check (but can't because I'm an ATI-user).

I'll look into it. Which AK, which optic and was is below the Zeroing range?

Also, did you catch secondary mode on the PSO :D?

Any more word on this? I and a few others have experienced directx crashes while using the AK pack as well and hat to stop using them. (Nvidia GeForce 660ti) Me and my group love your work and these AKs are no exception!

I can say that it doesn't happen to everyone with nvidia cause I also have a 660ti and have had no problems with the AK pack.

Any more word on this? I and a few others have experienced directx crashes while using the AK pack as well and hat to stop using them. (Nvidia GeForce 660ti) Me and my group love your work and these AKs are no exception!

Yeah, I think I've got a working solution, but I personally don't own a GeForce card, so I'm farming out a test build. Once I get enough satisfied results that it fixes it, should only be a matter of hours after that I'll put up a cleaned up public build. Within the week, I promise.

Yeah, I think I've got a working solution, but I personally don't own a GeForce card, so I'm farming out a test build. Once I get enough satisfied results that it fixes it, should only be a matter of hours after that I'll put up a cleaned up public build. Within the week, I promise.

We're happy to test if you need help. And thanks for the work, A3 needs more high quality addons like yours.

Hmm I have just had a revelation, I wont have access to a computer for a while, so someone needs to check, but is the ak 74s upper handguard scalloped?

(As in it has small diagonal cut sloping down to match the scallop/cut on lower handgaurd) because if it isn't then its not a AK 74 handgaurd, its a RPK upper handgaurd! Not too much of a problem buy I'm a stickler for accuracy and just wanted to check.

toadie2k,

I seem to have crashing in multiplayer when my friend uses your AKSU and AK-74, the AK-12 seems to work just fine. I have poured through crash logs and have narrowed it down to those weapons, as I do not crash when he is using other weapons. I also get weird straight white lines the come from the weapon at random, again only affecting the AK-74 and AKSU, not the AK-12.

;2650333']Hey Toadie' date=' did you missed the attachment proxy for flashlights and IR lasers in the config for AK-12 or is it suppose to only attach optics and silencers/supressors? (can´t attach lights or lasers, thou it has enough rails in the model)

Great work! Cheers![/quote']

I don't believe that weapon has side rail modeled.

Edited by HJohnson

It does, look at the level of the barrel, at the end of that polymer cover just after the bolt, it has 3 sets of "teeth" so you can attach a tactical light or a AN-PEQ15, and a modern rifle is supposed to be able to have tact lights and lasers =)

These AK weapons and animations are brilliant but are they a little weak when it comes to damage? I know nothing about AK's irl btw but it seems to take quite a few rounds to take the A.I down. Is this deliberate?

I'm also using the @mao damage mod so I can't imagine how many it would take on vanilla. Unless the mod is conflicting with these AK's in some way.

Only tested 5.45 against AI at the moment and it takes about 2 shots to the torso to down em, I tend to go for the hips or head most of the time.

These AK weapons and animations are brilliant but are they a little weak when it comes to damage? I know nothing about AK's irl btw but it seems to take quite a few rounds to take the A.I down. Is this deliberate?

I'm also using the @mao damage mod so I can't imagine how many it would take on vanilla. Unless the mod is conflicting with these AK's in some way.

Nope, Harley, mao damage mod isn´t conflicting with Toadie´s AK, toadies mod isn´t just config´d to receive the +8 bonus in damage that maos mod gives to vanilla weapons (if you use lukrops mod, it extends that bonus to massis and RH weapons too)

I´ve asked lukrop to take a look at toadies guns, he´s working on them, just wait a lil and check his thread -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173658-lukrop-s-customized-configs

cheers!