toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

I hardly have toes left, please take it easy on me :)

Updated version and new release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great job Toadie, really nice work on these AKs. One issue I would like to mention, however, is that the AK-12 and RPK seem to have some problems with their animations. While reloading both the AK-12 and RPK, my left arm inverts its self while tossing the empty magazine away and grabbing a fresh magazine. The index finger on the right hand seems to bend backwards while pulling the charging handle back on the AK-12 and RPK as well. Lastly, when I reload while prone my entire forearm vanishes while pulling the charging handle.

It is simply the best AK pack from Arma's history. Congratulations.

Great job on the AK's, they are good...like something that's really good... that's also covered in chocolate. :D

Awesome update! Just gave the ol' AK47 a try on a quick mission - incredibly nice. :D

However, I was wondering how you'd feel about adding one or two variants with a rail system adapter on the receiver, something like this? You know, for that time when you just need to be more tacticool. ;)

really nice animations on those aks. hats off to you sir

New mod or update v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hlcmods_ak.png

New update v2.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hlcmods_m60e4.png

New mod or update v0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hlcmods_core.png

@ toadie2k;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Edited by Sonsalt6

WOW, these are really something! Congrats on the release, the level of professionalism in these mods is incredible..

So Sweet Love you that you make another fancy reload animation.

by the way since ak-12 has RIS. can we put IR laser or Flashlight on Ak-12

Hey Toadie

Great AK pack. I'm very happy with my shiny new RPK :)

I think you need to adjust the size of the weapons though, I could fit both an AKM and AKSU into my vest. Who needs a pistol as secondary ;)

But I also have an odd bug to report: Something fishy was going on while trying them out in multiplayer. After a few minutes when I was using the AK-47 my two teammates would crash. Not at the same time, but one after the other. Both use a Nvidia card, one 670 and one 660Ti while I have got a Radeon. Their game would crash with a blackscreen and driver reset message from windows. I don't think it had anything to do with a special action like reloading or shooting.

The same mission worked when not picking an AK from the crate. We just tried a new mission, just two players and a crate on Stratis airfield and the crash happened after a few minutes (4-5?) of shooting into the air and fooling around. Maybe it is another addon that conflicts, still need to test this out, but between that we played nearly 2 hours without hiccups on a normal Escape.

Can other Nvidia users try this or does someone know what could cause a bug like this?

Hey Toadie

I think you need to adjust the size of the weapons though, I could fit both an AKM and AKSU into my vest. Who needs a pistol as secondary ;)

But I also have an odd bug to report: Something fishy was going on while trying them out in multiplayer. After a few minutes when I was using the AK-47 my two teammates would crash. Not at the same time, but one after the other. Both use a Nvidia card, one 670 and one 660Ti while I have got a Radeon. Their game would crash with a blackscreen and driver reset message from windows. I don't think it had anything to do with a special action like reloading or shooting.

The same mission worked when not picking an AK from the crate. We just tried a new mission, just two players and a crate on Stratis airfield and the crash happened after a few minutes (4-5?) of shooting into the air and fooling around. Maybe it is another addon that conflicts, still need to test this out, but between that we played nearly 2 hours without hiccups on a normal Escape.

Can other Nvidia users try this or does someone know what could cause a bug like this?

That same issue has been happening to me and my friends. I'm not sure if it's the AK pack or an arma update causing it though.

Hey Toadie

Having the same issue, seems to be only some particular AKs as I had a mission full of AK-12s and didnt have the issue.

Huh, I was looking through the descriptions of the magazines (who does that, anyway?) and I found that the 5.45mm mags are also used in things like the RPK74M, AEK-971 and AN-94.;)

Hey Toadie

Had the same issue.

Well, I've just crashed using the AK47 in singleplayer. "Nvidia driver stopped responding and has recovered successfully" or something like that. First time this has happened to me since... 2012 I think (though it was on a different card).

I have a feeling that it's the ghost of Mikhail Kalashnikov telling us to use the AKM instead. Never had problems with that one, and it's a beaut.

This is vexing. For certain I wasn't getting any crashes while testing it at all, but I am looking into it, because this some serious weird shit here.

Well, I've just crashed using the AK47 in singleplayer. "Nvidia driver stopped responding and has recovered successfully" or something like that. First time this has happened to me since... 2012 I think (though it was on a different card).

I have a feeling that it's the ghost of Mikhail Kalashnikov telling us to use the AKM instead. Never had problems with that one, and it's a beaut.

EDIT: Did a Yeah, I can confirm it's the AK47(JUST the AK47 so far) that's doing this. Still don't know WHY it's doing it, with an Nvidia card, that will crash your game or video drivers.

Edited by toadie2k
Added more info

Hey Toadie, did you missed the attachment proxy for flashlights and IR lasers in the config for AK-12 or is it suppose to only attach optics and silencers/supressors? (can´t attach lights or lasers, thou it has enough rails in the model)

Great work! Cheers!

Today, after mod installation, I decided to test weapons. when I tried to place the weapon to my inventory,I've got an error message "Bad version 59 in p3d file hlc_wp_ak_mesh\ak12\ak12.p3d " (this happening with each model of AK but changing only model of AK in error message), and then my game crashed...

That happened to me as well when the PBO was made through the Addon Builder. The problem is that the process was canceled at a point and it cleared up after restarting my computer and then repacking the PBO.

That happened to me as well when the PBO was made through the Addon Builder. The problem is that the process was canceled at a point and it cleared up after restarting my computer and then repacking the PBO.

I don't quite understand ,how to solve this problem? what I should do to make it work properly? I must to repack PBO files by myself?

Hi, today i've intensively tested your mod. Beautiful models and animation! Great job! :) ...but there is one problem - when i use only a "iron sights" - all of AK models "shoot correctly", but when i use your optics - guns shoots noticeable below the aiming point :( very similar problem what i observe in mk18 mod.

I don't quite understand ,how to solve this problem? what I should do to make it work properly? I must to repack PBO files by myself?

From what I understand, that error came about because the update to the Arma3 tools was released a little ahead of the core game update it was supporting. If it's still happening, drop me a PM.

Same goes for anyone having video driver crashes with Nvidia cards when using the AKs-

If it's still persisting for you and you don't mind being a guinea pig, I have test solution I'd like to check (but can't because I'm an ATI-user).

Hi, today i've intensively tested your mod. Beautiful models and animation! Great job! ...but there is one problem - when i use only a "iron sights" - all of AK models "shoot correctly", but when i use your optics - guns shoots noticeable below the aiming point very similar problem what i observe in mk18 mod.

I'll look into it. Which AK, which optic and was is below the Zeroing range?

Also, did you catch secondary mode on the PSO :D?

Edited by toadie2k