Sign in to follow this  
ajsarge

Workaround for "All my gear was taken!" during briefings

Something I discovered when trying to get a set of NVGs from the initial mission into the first scouting mission.

When you switch missions, it takes all your gear with you, no matter what it is. It means that whatever you wear when leaving the home base, is what it gives you during the mission. The way the scripting works, it swaps your gear out after the briefing, but doesn't change missions, leaving everything in its place on the map.

This includes any inventory left on the ground.

Solution:

Drop everything you want during the next mission on the ground near the armory area. NVGs, vests, backpacks, helmets, rangefinders, etc. Go talk to whoever to start the briefing. After the briefing it will give you the recommended kit. Go back to your pile and take all your gear back.

What we really need is for the game to take your inventory, sort it into the current boxes like it already does (which need to be special and modified to have 1,000x more space then normal) and have a fourth box added for everything else to be dumped in willy nilly.

On a side note, it'd be nice if Kerry was trained in field medicine, demolitions, and engineering during the scouting missions. It's rather aggravating to get stuck at slightly wounded and have to RTB to heal 100%, or run into a mine and not be able to disarm it or blow it up.

I totally agree with you. Adapt is a step forward to the right direction. But there are a lot of thing missing out in freeplay: like stealth, coop and a propper gear saving(like you said). I wish BI would made 4 campain DLC containing only freeplay mode with all the said things fixed or added.

Just an additional bit of info, if you drop something at the base and go off on a scouting mission, it might not be there when you come back