Sign in to follow this  
thegodfather

MX rifles what are the differences ?

I'm trying to determine what are the difference's between the MXC, MX, and the MXM i'm confused :confused:, mathematically I think they are the same, I compared them many different ways,

they have the same accuracy, same max range, same speed, same damage, I even did the ballistics mode to see if one is stronger after certain amount of range, I even check the spread rate, THEY ARE Exactly the same ! Can some one prove me wrong, I don't see any difference between them, they only look different. Very disappointed.:(

I'm trying to determine what are the difference's between the MXC, MX, and the MXM i'm confused :confused:, mathematically I think they are the same, I compared them many different ways,

they have the same accuracy, same max range, same speed, same damage, I even did the ballistics mode to see if one is stronger after certain amount of range, I even check the spread rate, THEY ARE Exactly the same ! Can some one prove me wrong, I don't see any difference between them, they only look different. Very disappointed.:(

They have different weight and accuracy

MXC is the lightest but not much accurate in long distance then the MXM is the most accurate (long barrel) and weights same as GL version

MX/MX GL are the middle , MX SW is something between regular MX and MXM

Edited by RobertHammer

If you're interested in the differences, you can check them using the config explorer built into the game (can be opened from the mission editor or the debug console) or check online using the Six config browser

Sadly, the devs have not taken barrel lenght into account. IRL they would have different muzzle velocity but ingame they are all the same. Maybe they have slighly different recoil and accuracy parameters, but mostly it's just visual difference. IRL shorter barrel gives more recoil and less muzzle velocity.

Actually, the MX Families are an awesome set of rifles. I like them, because they are all cross-compatible with the 30Rnd Standart 6.5mm Caseless Magazine. So you can share ammo with your Buddies.

MX: Standart Assault Rifle, good Allrounder. Other Rifles will be compared to this.

MX3GL: As MX, but with an Underslung 3GL Launcher. +Weight +Sway +Space. Ability to fire Grenades!

MXC: Compact or Carabine. Good Backup Weapon which fits in your Backpack slot, e.g. as a Diver with a SDAR. -Weight -Space -Accuracy -Sway

MXSW: Light Machinegun / Squad Support Weapon. Can feed on 100Rnd 6.5mm Mags aswell. +Weight +Firepower +Rateoffire +Sway, incase you are Using VTS or TMR: Has a Bipod.

MXM: Marksman version. Not as good as Mk14 or Rahim 7.62, but nice for Squadplay. +Weight +Accuracy +Longer.

Sadly, the devs have not taken barrel lenght into account. IRL they would have different muzzle velocity but ingame they are all the same. Maybe they have slighly different recoil and accuracy parameters, but mostly it's just visual difference. IRL shorter barrel gives more recoil and less muzzle velocity.

I thought so, very little difference. I asked for mathematical proof and people starting giving me propaganda,

Yes, the wight is different I know that, i forgot to put that in, but that's the only difference.

I only want to know the differences between the MXC, MX base, and MXM, the rest I know they are different.

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

If you're interested in the differences, you can check them using the config explorer built into the game (can be opened from the mission editor or the debug console) or check online using the Six config browser

I ready have done that Ceeeb, But I don't I don't Understand the Commands, given in the script, if you can explain to me, that would also be nice, form what I understand most it is for AI.

Edited by thegodfather

Alrigh, I checked the configs. Only one difference: Weight.

Recoil, sway, dispersion and muzzle velocitys should all be adjusted for the individual variants (something I have done for addon weapons while modding, it's not hard). Sadly it's all same same in current game.

I ready have done that Ceeeb, But I don't I don't Understand the Commands, given in the script, if you can explain to me, that would also be nice, form what I understand most it is for AI.

Most value are explained in the Biki cfgWeapons Config Reference

Alrigh, I checked the configs. Only one difference: Weight.

Recoil, sway, dispersion and muzzle velocitys should all be adjusted for the individual variants (something I have done for addon weapons while modding, it's not hard). Sadly it's all same same in current game.

It would make sense if the large weapons had more sway and less recoil, but dispersion already varies:

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td]MXC[/td]

[td]MX[/td]

[td]MXGL[/td]

[td]MXM[/td]

[td]MX SW[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]mass[/td]

[td]80[/td]

[td]100[/td]

[td]120[/td]

[td]120[/td]

[td]120[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]dispersion[/td]

[td]0.00110[/td]

[td]0.00087[/td]

[td]0.00087[/td]

[td]0.00065[/td]

[td]0.00093[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Would be nice if they changed it up a bit.

MXC - increase firing rate to make it ideal for CQC.

MX - stay as is.

MXM - slightly more power and more accurate

MXSW - functioning bipod and a bit more "umph" then the MXM.

Right now just based on looks the MXM wins, pick a black one and pop an MRCO on that bad boy and you have a beauty.

Most value are explained in the Biki cfgWeapons Config Reference

It would make sense if the large weapons had more sway and less recoil, but dispersion already varies:

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td]MXC[/td]

[td]MX[/td]

[td]MXGL[/td]

[td]MXM[/td]

[td]MX SW[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]mass[/td]

[td]80[/td]