outlawled

Moduload — Save-Game Mod Initializer

Hm.

Did you start the mission fresh after updating, or had you started the mission while using a previous or no version of Moduload?

yeah fresh start after updating ofc. Had it installed before i started the mission. its gray on all missions i play on but like i said it was okei until the update.

For me its alright, what happens is that some missions you have to go back to menu and then resume, so the button is available (Pilgrimage and all showcases i.e.), some others work flawlessly (Whole lotta of Altis i.e.)

Finally could play and enjoy the whole concept of Whole lotta of Altis with your addon, thanks a bunch Outlawled =D

yeah the button is not showing up.
yeah fresh start after updating ofc. Had it installed before i started the mission. its gray on all missions i play on but like i said it was okei until the update.

Wait, is the button grayed out or not showing up?

If it's grayed out, that means the mod is working but that your mods aren't in need of initialization.

;2626296']For me its alright' date=' what happens is that some missions you have to go back to menu and then resume, so the button is available ([i']Pilgrimage [/i]and all showcases i.e.), some others work flawlessly (Whole lotta of Altis i.e.)

Finally could play and enjoy the whole concept of Whole lotta of Altis with your addon, thanks a bunch Outlawled =D

I mean, you should always have to go back to the menu and resume the mission...because that's what the mod is for. It allows you to reinitialize your mods after you've loaded a save-game. If ever the button is grayed out, that means that the mod is working as intended. If the button is not showing up at all or nothing happens when you press it, then there is a problem.

Thank you for the continued feedback.

If it's grayed out, that means the mod is working but that your mods aren't in need of initialization.

I play singleplayer on regular difficulty which allows me to save my progress. When I die I can load one of my saves to continue. However after I load, my mods usually are missing, but your button is greyed out. To work around this, I load my save, then save and exit, out of the mission entirely, then come back with resume. Then your button will work.

I also create missions in the editor and play them through preview. I have several playable characters in my missions. If I die I get the option to respawn as a different character. However my mods won't load and your button is greyed out. I haven't found a workaround for this yet, but I'm not that familiar with making missions, so maybe one exists.

So it would be nice if your button worked in both scenarios above without a workaround, but if it can't that's okay. Your mod is the best mod for singleplayer there is, because without it many other mods are useless.

This problem has existed since at least the Arma 2 days. Thanks for solving it for us :yay:

Huh...

Well, okay. Here's the thing, Moduload is essentially two mods packaged together.

The first mod is CBA-independent. It adds a button to the escape menu which should always be there no matter what. When this button is pressed, code is run which iterates through all of the CBA Pre/Post Init EH config entries and runs the initialization code for any mods therein.

The second mod is CBA-dependent. It adds a keyDown eventHandler to the main display (this is what any mod that you have to press a key to activate does). That keyDown EH waits for the escape key to be pressed. Once it has been pressed, code is run which waits until the escape menu is active, and then a line of code that disables the button is run.

That line of code to disable the button A.) only works if the escape menu is the active display, and B.) has to be run every time the escape menu gets opened up again. The button doesn't stay disabled when the escape menu is closed.

So if the button is disabled when you enter the escape menu, that means that Moduload's keyDown EH is still working. If Moduload's keyDown EH is still working, all keyDown eventHandlers should be.

The second Moduload mod is just like any other CBA-dependent mod; it stops working when they stop working.

In theory, if you start a mission, CBA mods should be initialized by CBA. So the second Moduload mod gets initialized which means that the Moduload button is disabled. If anything happens to where CBA mods stop working, the second Moduload mod will stop working, but the first won't. So the button will still be there, and it won't be disabled. If you press the button, all CBA mods will be initialized by Moduload. So the second Moduload mod gets initialized again which means that the button is disabled.

That is how the mod is supposed to work. Obviously, this is not the case for you guys. I don't play much singleplayer (or multiplayer for that matter) myself, I mostly just hang out in the editor writing scripts and jerking my knob, so I haven't really tested this out with a whole lot of mods.

The mods I'm using right now are CBA, Mag Repack, Tao Folding Map, Blastcore, JSRS, and Moduload.

To test out some of the situations you guys mentioned, I just started up the Armed Assault showcase, played for a couple minutes, saved, exited, loaded, and had to reinitialize my mods as Mag Repack and Tao Folding Map weren't working. I hit escape, the Moduload button was not disabled, I pressed it, all mods got reinitialized.

I continued to play the mission and a few minutes later, I was killed. I hit the "Load" button and selected the most recent auto-save. I didn't need to reinitialize anything, though, because Mag Repack and Tao Folding Map were still working. The Moduload button was also still disabled.

I waited a few minutes and hit the escape key and hit the "Load" button again (without dying this time), and selected the most recent auto-save. Again, what I found was that all my mods were still working.

So if there are problems with loading a previous save from within the mission, it might have to do with the specific mods you guys are using.

If you guys could give me a list of all the mods you are using, and let me know which of those mods you are sure aren't working after loading a previous save from within the mission, that would be tits.

And I would appreciate it as I appreciate all things that are tits.

And again, thank you for your kind words and for bringing these issues to my attention.

Also, if any of this sounded condescending or anything, that was not my intent. I just want to make things as clear as possible.

Edited by Outlawled

So if there are problems with loading a a previous save from within the mission, it might have to do with the specific mods you guys are using.

If you guys could give me a list of all the mods you are using, and let me know which of those mods you are sure aren't working after loading a previous save from within the mission, that would be tits.

Here's a list of all the mods I'm using

blastcore

jsrs2.1

bloodmist

cba

FA_Stance

fire fight improvement system

magrepack

moduload

status_hud

sthud_a3 shacktac hud

ww_ai_cover

ww_ai_menu

The mods that don't load from a saved game are

FA_Stance

status_hud

sthud_a3

I'm playing the adapt campaign on regular difficulty. This happens when I manually save my game and reload the save without backing all the way out of the mission from where I can resume. Magrepack never used to load either a few weeks ago, but you must have fixed that because it works now. I use Play With Six to load these in case that matters.

Thanks for looking into this!

You can get the shacktac hud to work by pressing the "." on your numb pad to take you into the command view. (then again to return to normal view)

To do this you must have 3rd person view enabled

TMR_alt sometimes doesn't load and the button is gray. This happens when i died and play another soldier from the squad.

There is a dynamic mission that Saok made, witch is one of the most popular mission out there.

Whole Lotta Altis, This addon was (in my mind) made for it since etch time i load up saved game i need to reinitialize mods.

It used to work before the last update but now it doesn't. Maby you can look into that ?

Im Running:

bCombat

ASDG_JR

ASDG_Attachments

Blastcore_A3

Blastcore-Physics

Blastcore-Tracers

Blood_mist

CBA_A3

FA18_A3

FHQ_Accessories

JumpMF

Landtex_a3a

Mcc_Sandbox_a3

NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons

Outlw_magrepack

Outlw_moduload

SpeedOfSound

Ten_switchWeapons

TPW_Mods

TMR_Alt

TPWCAS_A3

U100

USMC_A3

VTS_DuckHunt

VTS_WeaponResting

WW_AIMenu

ASR_Ai3

Awesome work Outlawled. Truly. As always, I'm asking permission to edit the .cpp file and the folder name for simple personal ordering purposes.

Please, if you find Mods that actually conflict with this one, post here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152461-Overall-Mod-compatibility-aka-Will-Mods-A-and-B-work-togheter

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

Outlawled, the AN/PNC-212 doesn´t reinitiate with moduload neither jumpmf (just to add to your list of stuborn addons lol)

just needed to thank you again cus your addon came in the right time, lots of campaigns (at least two I´m aware of, not counting Silver Dawn which Misty Ronin should update soon) are about to be released, and thus your addon is a must have!

cheers!

Is there any shortcut button to use this?. Because i do load savegames and had to reinitialize all the time.

Awesome work Outlawled. Truly. As always, I'm asking permission to edit the .cpp file and the folder name for simple personal ordering purposes.

Please, if you find Mods that actually conflict with this one, post here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152461-Overall-Mod-compatibility-aka-Will-Mods-A-and-B-work-togheter

Yay!

Thanks! And as always, you have my permission to edit any file you want!

;2632658']Outlawled' date=' the AN/PNC-212 doesn´t reinitiate with moduload neither [i']jumpmf [/i](just to add to your list of stuborn addons lol)

just needed to thank you again cus your addon came in the right time, lots of campaigns (at least two I´m aware of, not counting Silver Dawn which Misty Ronin should update soon) are about to be released, and thus your addon is a must have!

cheers!

Thanks for the heads up! I'll look into it.

And no problem, man. Glad I could help.

Is there any shortcut button to use this?. Because i do load savegames and had to reinitialize all the time.

So, instead of clicking on the button in the escape menu, you want to be able to just press a keyboard key? Is that what you're asking?

If that is what you're asking, I'm sorry, but that won't ever happen. All keyDown eventHandlers (which you need in order to have code run when a certain key is pressed) do not get saved along with the mission. That's why this mod exists in the first place.

You can define a keyDown EH in the config of the main display, and I don't think that that keyDown EH ever goes away, but those don't stack, so if two mods did that, one would overwrite the other. Which would be bad. So no one should ever use that.

Thanks for clarifying. I hoped i wouldn't press esc and click on the button everytime after load but nevermind.

Status Hud mod only works when I quit, load the save and click reinitialize, loading a save while still in the mission keeps the button greyed out so no status hud...

Hello,

I have been having a heck of a time with TMR_ALT. I cannot get it to run anymore at all ... at least the things I can tell, like auto rest and bipod. Sometimes I'll notice auto rest is working again, but bipod stopped working forever ago in this mission (Pilgrimage) and has never worked since. When I hit ESC, the reinitialize button is always active ... never greyed out.

Aside from TMR_ALT, I am running:

CBA_A3

Blastcore-A3

tao_foldmap_a3

tao_noclosuresounds

agile_littlebird

ASDG_JR

outlw_moduload_v0.5.2

Any suggestions would be great!

Best,

-Doc

Hello,

I have been having a heck of a time with TMR_ALT. I cannot get it to run anymore at all ... at least the things I can tell, like auto rest and bipod. Sometimes I'll notice auto rest is working again, but bipod stopped working forever ago in this mission (Pilgrimage) and has never worked since. When I hit ESC, the reinitialize button is always active ... never greyed out.

Aside from TMR_ALT, I am running:

CBA_A3

Blastcore-A3

tao_foldmap_a3

tao_noclosuresounds

agile_littlebird

ASDG_JR

outlw_moduload_v0.5.2

Any suggestions would be great!

Best,

-Doc

Hm.

It's still active even after you've clicked on it?

Are you having this issue with other missions or just that one?

Hm.

It's still active even after you've clicked on it?

Are you having this issue with other missions or just that one?

Hi there,

Thanks for the response! So far this is the only mission I'm actively playing. I know that the auto-rest and bipod was working for a while, so I assumed the other things were as well. However, I just noticed that the rocket launcher, while still modified to be disposable, is not firing the way it does in the tutorial.

For what it's worth, it also looks like other mods may be having issues as well ... the folding maps don't work, though that could be an installation issue on my part as I've never seen it work.

-Doc

Hey Outlawled

While ModuLoad it is certainly a very good idea, it fails to deliver according to it's actual purpose in my case. I thought it would enable me to use MagRepack in re-loaded SP missions but it does not.

Ask me what you need to know about my specs/mods

Edited by ProDomo
small logical issue

I don't believe it will work in missions that were started before you had Moduload installed, so if you aren't already sure that that's not the problem, you should try starting up a fresh mission.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what to tell you. Maybe disable all your mods except Moduload and Mag Repack and start a new mission and see if that will work.

If it does, start enabling the rest of your mods one at a time (and start a new mission each time just to be safe) until Moduload stops working.

It would also probably be helpful to just list all the mods you have enabled right now.

Also, more specifics about the problem would be nice.

Is the Moduload button always greyed out when you press escape after loading a mission, or does just nothing happen when you press the button?

Does the button not show up? Are you definitely playing ArmA 3 and not Take On Mars or perhaps Frog Fractions?

Is your computer even turned on?

What is a horse shoe? What does a horse shoe do?

Are there any horse socks?

Is anybody listening to me?

I had problems too with MagRepack. Solution was not to use MagRepack. But it´s okay for me, just wanted to mention it ^^

I did a fresh restart of a SP campaign mission

start enabling the rest of your mods one at a time

Thank you. I will do that and let you know of the outcome.

It would also probably be helpful to just list all the mods you have enabled right now

Here you go:

CBA_A3_beta5

FHQ_Accessories_v1.4

@A3_FreeAim_Fix_02

@compassfix_v11

@full_nvg_v11

@JSRS2.1

@tao_foldmap_a3-2.5.1

@tmr-0.4.3.1

asdg_jointrails-v0.8

ASDG_Attachments_v010

JumpMF_0_3

Mag_Repack_v3.1.0

bCombat-0.16

Does the button not show up? Are you definitely playing ArmA 3 and not Take On Mars or perhaps Frog Fractions?

Is your computer even turned on?

What is a horse shoe? What does a horse shoe do?

Are there any horse socks?

Is anybody listening to me?

The moduload button has this far never been greyed out for me. When I press the button, at least one mod stopped working instead of reloading (tao_foldmap_a3).

Yes, the button does show up. I was definitely playing ArmA3 stable. I Don't even know the other two you mentioned.

I am pretty sure my Computer was turned on, since -although I fancy myself quite the imaginative type- I am pretty sure not to have made up playing the game and seeing things on my screen.

A horse shoe is a device of metal. It is designed to protect a horses hoof from wear. There are several other disambiguations referring to other uses/symbolic meanings of a horseshoe or metaphors using the word "horseshoe", which I am not inclined to list up here completely. For me to be of any help in this matter please see these two links:

Horseshoe

disambiguation

AFAIK there are no horsesocks, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I was until now READING you.

I have an already fixed status_hud_a3. With every use of your mod init button, it starts blinking more...

it double loaded LEA, now i have 2 "apply loadout"

i dont understand this

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers

{

class outlw_magRepack

{

clientInit = "outlw_magRepack_Var = [] execVM 'outlw_magRepack\MagRepack_init.sqf'";

disableModuload = true;

};

};

where to put it?

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

for some reason i cant seem to edit my post

is there a way to enable Moduload to specific mods only? it seams i only have 2 mods that wont reinitialize when loading a saved game

I'm trying to understand this initialization thing...

What is it that in some situations makes reinitialization of mods necessary using moduload after loading a saved mission, while in other cases not?

Using the same set of mods, in one mission I have to reinitialize every time, while in an other mission I don't have to reinitialize at all.

What could be the difference in the missions that cause this?