meatball

randomWeather2 Script - Dynamic Weather For A3

But if you look at MCC....I just don't know the intricacies of it...

I'll preface this by saying, I haven't looked into whether scripting in probably 12 months, so things might have changed, but I think you're just running into something I hit and that's just how it works at moment. I posted about it a while back in one of the weather threads. I don't think there's any real way to get around it, so what I originally did was try to not make drastic changes in overcast levels in the script so regardless of things not working right, it should still transition correctly over the set time.

Yeah, ah now I remember your posting. Seems like the time argument is simply not reliable. Solution indeed seems to make "0 setovercast <smallchange>" changes step by step plus have the script sleep every time. Well I actually do it this way now.

Edited by tortuosit

Yeah, I'm sure there's some sort of pattern to the whole thing that you can figure out how fast overcast will go up/down based on the change time, but I just never had the time to do all the testing and try to figure it out.

Exactly this. And same here, not much time and even with 4x speedup its a bit time consuming.

And I'm convinced there's just a simple miscalculation in BIs code.

There's a a lot wrong in the weather department. E.g. simulclouddensity does not work (always 0). So you cannot reliably organize rain yourself, because there's the trap that you may produce rain without clouds on top of player.

A world full of workarounds...

That's why we love ArmA :D

^^ fixed

The .fr server is temp offline and both links were pointing to it.

Hi, I like your weather mod, but I think you missed something important! Can you make a version with lightenings?

I was wondering does anyone have experience with this script ?  I'm especially wondering if it works with timeMultiplier running.  I've had missions where it just wouldn't stop raining because of random weather and time multiplication going on.  I'm looking at writing my own thing but there seems to be a lot going on the arma 3 weather systems that are either buggy or difficult to understand

I was wondering does anyone have experience with this script ?  I'm especially wondering if it works with timeMultiplier running.  I've had missions where it just wouldn't stop raining because of random weather and time multiplication going on.  I'm looking at writing my own thing but there seems to be a lot going on the arma 3 weather systems that are either buggy or difficult to understand

Yes, it does. However, if you have your time jacked up to warp then I could see the weather change feeling abrupt. The only thing I did not like about it is the wind. I felt the wind was not really random enough so I made some edits. Besides that it works well in MP and I have had not complaints.

dubl

• Like 1