Sign in to follow this  
beavis_5000

Best multiplayer/PvP game modes?

Im very new to ARMA and been playing King of the Hill. Its awesome and I love it. It blows any other competitive shooter or FPS ive played out of the water.

Im just wondering what else is out there in ARMA 3. I know some modes (CTF, Sieze, Wasteland) I just dont know what to do in those game modes. Believe it or not it took me several days to realize how to play King of the Hill.

So what are the best game modes and how do you play them?

Watched some CTI vids and it looks freaking awesome.

Will be downloading Tactical Battlefield Mod as well.

Thanks everyone!!!

---------- Post added at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:14 ----------

Another question before I go into a game. How exactly do you capture each individual town?

all the servers are empty except one which i had like 150 ping on. it was full so i didnt get to try. but all the others are empty.

all the servers are empty except one which i had like 150 ping on.

you've just described the whole of Arma's PvP :D

i had serious fun on altis life rpg.

Sent from mobile

all the servers are empty except one which i had like 150 ping on. it was full so i didnt get to try. but all the others are empty.

Yes unfortunately CTI and Tactical Battlefield are not as popular as Wasteland,KOTH and the life mods but i usually get a game on the EUTW servers that RushHour has mentioned.

From North America? I think your time zone is not ideal for european servers, hence they are empty because there´s a 6 hour time difference.

Right now out of a maximum of 50 in each there´s 33, 47 and 50 players.

From North America? I think your time zone is not ideal for european servers, hence they are empty because there´s a 6 hour time difference.

Right now out of a maximum of 50 in each there´s 33, 47 and 50 players.

Yes from North America, Eastern time zone to be exact. I played a good European server.

Any server with under 100 ping is totally empty. The lowest ping server is like 105.

Its shocking to me because it seems like a game mode like CTI would be the backbone of this game.

tacbf is by far the best pvp mod for arma that u can get, it's so so sad that there's so few players (come on wasteland & life sucks to compared to this , and eutw cti feels like a child play). But when u get to play tacbf with good 30vs30 teams there is no coming back I tell u so remember you've been warned. The mod encourages team play a lot and from my experience ppl play really team at eu servers and u get the feeling of being part of bigger fighting force and this is the only mod that has done this to me.

Yes from North America, Eastern time zone to be exact. I played a good European server.

Any server with under 100 ping is totally empty. The lowest ping server is like 105.

Its shocking to me because it seems like a game mode like CTI would be the backbone of this game.

That´s the problem yes. Are there no American CTI servers around?

That should cut your ping in half at least. The EUTW servers for me hangs around 31-50 in ping when i join.

That´s the problem yes. Are there no American CTI servers around?

That should cut your ping in half at least. The EUTW servers for me hangs around 31-50 in ping when i join.

There are like 3-4 servers in with green Ping numbers and Ive never seen one person on any of them. Luckily my FPS isnt horrible on the 150 Ping server ive been playing.

I play at all hours and the 30-90 ping servers on CTI are always empty. The CTI servers I have found seem good despite the high Ping and the people all seem cool.

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

tacbf is by far the best pvp mod for arma that u can get, it's so so sad that there's so few players (come on wasteland & life sucks to compared to this , and eutw cti feels like a child play). But when u get to play tacbf with good 30vs30 teams there is no coming back I tell u so remember you've been warned. The mod encourages team play a lot and from my experience ppl play really team at eu servers and u get the feeling of being part of bigger fighting force and this is the only mod that has done this to me.

I will be trying TACBF out soon. I just have to take the time to download it. Usually when i get on the PC I go straight into CTI or KotH and I wont dowload anything while im playing out of fear of FPS drop.

The EUTW servers are great for those who want an easy PVP JIP game and caters to groups as well as the solo folks. The missions are sized accordingly as well and tend to run for anywhere from 45 mins to several hours. During EU peak times, most of the servers are commonly full and have a mix of players from all over. You can also join and wait in the lobby for a slot to open if the server is full as well.

TacBF is great, but it's not accessible to a lot of people like EUTW CTI, Wasteland, and Altis Life. Unfortunately, you're always going to have a larger number who aren't willing to even look at installing download packages to make their games work. I wish there would be more people that would experiment, but the install base for these will always be much lower.

There is a BECTI server out of Seattle that is pretty popular during US peak times. There is a thread on that here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170597-Warfare-CTI-PERF-Seattle-WA-www-ofps-net

Don't judge ping by the gamespy browser...; it's often 20-30% lower once ingame.

I've never had a problem with pings up to 160ms --Main problem with higher pings is dropped packets leading to timing-out.

If you want to play CTI look for Warfare CTI - [PERF] - Seattle, WA - www.ofps.net.

The server usually has between 30-40 people every afternoon (EST). It's based in Seattle and has been heavily optimized to ensure players have max FPS possible.

Server Info: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170597-Warfare-CTI-PERF-Seattle-WA-www-%20ofps-net&p=2585228#post2585228

We're the highest ranked North American CTI server. http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/209.160.28.31:2320/

Most of the regulars work for a living so there are usually less players before 3pm. It's a steep learning curve at first but it's a lot of fun when you get the hang of it.

I would say TacBF as well. You are right about the fact that the servers are often unpopulated, and to be honest I just don't understand why. TacBF is by far the most awesome pvp multiplayer experience I've ever tried. It simply kicks ass. It's so sad that so many people own this game and have never tried TacBF properly.

Why should they if it's not part of the game, not everyone who gets the game is interested in downloading mods for it.

Tactical Battlefield Mod is a great PvP experience...

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23751

I agree its a great mod, but have you been playing this lately?? If so I would be interested in know when and how because I haven't seen a populated

(more than 0 players) TacBF server in a good while. And that makes me sad.

Why should they if it's not part of the game, not everyone who gets the game is interested in downloading mods for it.

Yeah, I get that. But I would hope more people tried it out, because I feel they are missing out. DayZ was a mod as well, and enormously popular. It's possible for a mod to be popular, so I just don't get why more people aren't playing it. It is really, really good.

I agree its a great mod, but have you been playing this lately?? If so I would be interested in know when and how because I haven't seen a populated

(more than 0 players) TacBF server in a good while. And that makes me sad.

I played on sunday, and I think there was around 30 people or so. Only one populated server though, but it was enough people to have fun. Tonight though, two populated servers, one person on each... Two on the one I played on, counting me.

If you want to play CTI look for Warfare CTI - [PERF] - Seattle, WA - www.ofps.net.

The server usually has between 30-40 people every afternoon (EST). It's based in Seattle and has been heavily optimized to ensure players have max FPS possible.

Server Info: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170597-Warfare-CTI-PERF-Seattle-WA-www-%20ofps-net&p=2585228#post2585228

We're the highest ranked North American CTI server. http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/209.160.28.31:2320/

Most of the regulars work for a living so there are usually less players before 3pm. It's a steep learning curve at first but it's a lot of fun when you get the hang of it.

I found your server and have played it quite a bit the last couple of days. Great sever. Ive looked over the tutorials a couple of times but my mind is still blown as of how the game is actually played. Im gonna have to sit down and read over it thoroughly.

Put out some more detailed tutorial vids. I learned a lot from the first one.

---------- Post added at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:55 ----------

Also, are there any tips on knowing enemies from friendlies? I know the colors are different but they both look camo to me. Is one a darker camo color than the other?

You can check my signature for PvP missions, but no one is hosting them.

Right now a US server has some people joining up for TacBF, it seems...It's definitely my cup of tea for PvP: