Sign in to follow this  
sproyd

Boat ejection bugged

For some reason, my oldest mission - made back in the Alpha days and updated multiple times since - has bugged out due to a BI update. The bug is really weird, whenever the player ejects from the boat (which they start the mission in). They are just frozen in the water. They can ascend/descend but can't move. The AI units under the players control, can eject and move.

I can't figure it out... I've tried a different boat, scripted eject, manual eject etc. Its a really weird bug.

Here's the mission - any ideas?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=170448148

I unpboed your mission and looked by myself. The player does not have any animation. If you eject and then use the command player switchmove "", then it works again. Did you somewhere changed his animation?

Edit: Now I have it: You gave the player a weapon that doesn't work in water, so there is no animation for it and he stucks. I deleted the line where you add him that rife, and it works again.

Edit 2: this addWeapon "arifle_SDAR_F"; <- the only weapon that works in water only with it it won't stuck.

Edited by TrueCruel

The whole mission is built around the TAVOR... and has always worked before? Also if I move into the water from the shore with this weapon it works...

Can you think of a workaround which doesn't involve the shitty SDAR as all of hte combat is actually on land

You could assign him the weapon at the trigger where the eject is, then he would have the weapon and won't stuck. It's not the "eyecandy" way, but it works.

You could assign him the weapon at the trigger where the eject is, then he would have the weapon and won't stuck. It's not the "eyecandy" way, but it works.

okay that's a good idea. This is an A3 bug, which was not present in prior versions. If I enter the water from the land the problem does not persist. Very annoying

Please vote up this on bug tracker http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17243

Looks like the animation to put his weapon on back only works from the land, if you "dunk" the player instantly in it then it stucks.

Looks like the animation to put his weapon on back only works from the land, if you "dunk" the player instantly in it then it stucks.

you mean like setpos below the water?

okay that's a good idea. This is an A3 bug, which was not present in prior versions. If I enter the water from the land the problem does not persist. Very annoying

Please vote up this on bug tracker http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17243

fixed in dev build now... still bork in stable

if (underWater player) then {player switchMove ""};

Edited by cobra4v320

and... today fixed in stable.