Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Syrian Arab Army and Hezbollah

Mi-24 would be nice! Ask Kaelies from South Zagorian Army Mod mayby he can give you permissions. Putting one of your factions in independent side would be cool too :)

Sorry but .., Who the hell fight against the SAA? no Al qaeda troops,FSA or Chechens or anyone on the independent side .....

Can you add the new vehicles in next update?http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24959

Thank you sou much!

EDIT:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167781-Middle-East-Irregulars These out of here are the enemies, I'm not mistaken? these guys looks great!!

EDIT2:They tell me via radio (middle-east irregulars) which have no ammunition, is a bug?

Edited by LDU30

First post updated with version 029. Changes:

• Added Reyhard's T-55 and Shilka to the SAA and GME
  • Added T-55 and Shilka groups to SAA and GME
  • Changed some vehicle class names to improve consistency
  • Consolidated the AFV and CSW pbos into the main pbo
  • Removed some SAA groups and vehicles (ZSU-39)

IMORTANT: REMOVE ALL PREVIOUS FILES BEFORE INSTALLING

Drongo. great to get rid of the last of the 2035 kit !! :)

Any luck with that random vehicle generator ? I can see some really nice variety of vehicles available to use above just 1 tank and 1 BMP etc ?

SJ

I haven't looked at it yet. Could you please provide some sample code?

I'm also considering consolidating my Middle East Irregulars into this mod, anyone for or against please let me know.

I haven't looked at it yet. Could you please provide some sample code?

I'm also considering consolidating my Middle East Irregulars into this mod, anyone for or against please let me know.

Regarding the randomization, how is it supposed to work? If I place a t55 it may spawn a t72? I'm not sure I get how it would work but somehow would prefer that they not be randomized :P

It's just that I use these and play as these guys a lot along with your irregulars in missions and not just use as enemy to shoot at. To be honest the randomization in units is also a bit annoying as units placed are not always what was expected/wanted.

Sorry to be that guy :)

To be honest the randomization in units is also a bit annoying as units placed are not always what was expected/wanted

For infantry the weapons/loadout should always be the same, only the uniform, vest and headgear should change. I think serjames is talking about alternate skins on vehicles, a T-72 will still be a T-72.

You do outstanding work Drongo. I would like to see the ME irregs bundled into this mod. I think most people run both and it just simplifies things for everyone, mostly you.

For infantry the weapons/loadout should always be the same, only the uniform, vest and headgear should change. I think serjames is talking about alternate skins on vehicles, a T-72 will still be a T-72.

Actually the changing uniforms is what I mean, personally I'd prefer if they were set as it sometimes annoys me when building missions in editor and specific units look different when I don't want them to, lol strange what bugs us but no biggie :)

Also I agree it makes sense to merge irregulars.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I strongly think you should review the camo pattern. From looking at the many available photos, I'd make the sand background color (actually two tones that are very close to each other, one a tad greener than the other) considerably lighter, it should be pretty close to a dry dirt environment (I put it that way because you have to recreate the camo effect in game, just putting in a certain color value from real life will always give a very weird looking color in game), and the white/black spots should have more contrast (i.e. the white must be lighter). The two darker brown tones are not too far off, as far as I can see.

here you can see some guys in 6-color Desert BDU with a bit of environment, so you can adjust the overall tone/brightness: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Iraqi_army_band_performs_during_a_change_of_command_ceremony_at_Camp_Taji.jpg and http://usarmy.vo.llnwd.net/e2/-images/2007/06/10/5182/army.mil-2007-05-22-154943.jpg

here is a close-up studio shot that can help to adjust the colors within each other (notice the really minimal color difference between the two background colors): http://media.kickz.com/de/media/images/p/600/rothco-Ultra_Force_BDU_Twill_Pants-desert_camo-3.jpg

Also a good help may be the "80ies+90ies US military" addon, the desert BDU there both looks pretty realistic and conceals well in game (it's a bit dull, but making it brighter will make it stand out too much): http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162768-US-Military-Mod-%2880s-90s%29

Keep in mind, the overall question is, as always: Will it blend (in)? ;)

Hey Drongo... No you won't get code from me :-) I couldn't code my way out of the bath..

I just guessed you could use what generated random uniforms to generate random t72's or random Bmps etc.

I'm guessing it's not that simples :P

SJ

Greetings, fine sir! Amazing Work!!

With Syria back in the News with ISIS and all, I re-downloaded your SAA pack with all the requirements.

Couple of quick questions. 1. You are saying just use 1 drrpg7.pbo file correct? Doesn't matter which one

if using the Irregulars? And 2. What is the Faction GME? General Middle East maybe?

@Goblin

This pack has been superseded by my Middle East Conflict mod.

To answer your questions though, any version of drrpg7.pbo is fine, Irregulars or SAA. Both should be the same file anyway. GME is Generic Middle East.

Crap!

Ok, thanks. Will have to use that then. Thanks for the quick update.

Again, great stuff brother!

Very great job! Really perfect :)

Going to download as soon as I finish the Arma 3 download