Sign in to follow this  
_angus_

Help, stuck in mission loop, and want to break free!

Hi all,

My friend Paul and I have both recently bought ARMA 3 (disk versions) but we are both pretty new to this kind of game.

Paul is a few missions into the the singleplayer campaign Survive, but seems to be stuck in a loop. After returning from the crashed helicopter mission (Blackfoot Down - with the wounded pilot) he has been unable to progress. Unsure how to proceed he has been wandering around the countryside shooting the place up, and the Mission tree in the campaign menu reflects this with lots of entries of Maxwell, Patrol, Maxwell, Patrol etc.

We are aware that often when returning from a mission you'll see a message telling you to "Check in" with a distance indicator, or sometimes a soldier will ask if you are coming on the next mission and to attend Captain Miller's briefing. This doesn't seem to be happening though, and the poor guy is getting pretty frustrated. How should he proceed?

He noticed that the second part of the campaign (Adapt) was visible in the menu but its greyed out, is that normal and is it only unlocked after completing Survive?

We would appreciate any advice you can spare, if he can get going in the game this weekend he'll be a very happy bunny.

Cheers.

Hi all,

My friend Paul and I have both recently bought ARMA 3 (disk versions) but we are both pretty new to this kind of game.

Paul is a few missions into the the singleplayer campaign Survive, but seems to be stuck in a loop. After returning from the crashed helicopter mission (Blackfoot Down - with the wounded pilot) he has been unable to progress. Unsure how to proceed he has been wandering around the countryside shooting the place up, and the Mission tree in the campaign menu reflects this with lots of entries of Maxwell, Patrol, Maxwell, Patrol etc.

We are aware that often when returning from a mission you'll see a message telling you to "Check in" with a distance indicator, or sometimes a soldier will ask if you are coming on the next mission and to attend Captain Miller's briefing. This doesn't seem to be happening though, and the poor guy is getting pretty frustrated. How should he proceed?

He noticed that the second part of the campaign (Adapt) was visible in the menu but its greyed out, is that normal and is it only unlocked after completing Survive?

We would appreciate any advice you can spare, if he can get going in the game this weekend he'll be a very happy bunny.

Cheers.

Go straight to the strategic map near Miller.

Go straight to the strategic map near Miller.

and that triggers the next mission?

and that triggers the next mission?

Blimey, I hadn't realised you could use the physical map in the briefing area to bring about the next briefing by using the space bar. Only used it once and now I've begun Adapt.

For Paul's reference: Adapt cannot be accessed until final mission of Survive is completed.

You should be able to replay any missions already completed by double-clicking in the mission tree.

As can be seen here:

Edited by _Angus_

Blimey, I hadn't realised you could use the physical map in the briefing area to bring about the next briefing by using the space bar. Only used it once and now I've begun Adapt.

For Paul's reference: Adapt cannot be accessed until final mission of Survive is completed.

Thanks, that seems to have worked.

I'm having a related issue every time I go out on patrol. Whenever I try to return to Maxwell it tells me that the mission is complete as I approach the base, then it goes to load Maxwell but it leaves me exactly where I was outside the base and re-starts patrol. Reverting my campaign back to the last Maxwell just starts the patrol again. What am I doing wrong?

I really like the ability to go on patrol and try to steal guns/items, but every time I do it the game freaks out and I go into a massive loop of returning to base and going on patrol.

I have the same problem after completing beyond recognition and talking to the helicopter pilot the game phases out and says "too be continued...." then it does nothing doesnt load the next phases of the campaign "win" which for me is grayed out. My only option is to replay the helicopter meeting again which of course is boring after 10 trys I wish Bohemia would unlock the save so I wouldnt have to waste time redoing the entire mission every single time. Comeon Bohemia let your customers deside when they want to make a save and unlock the campaign mission tree so we can avoid bugs. Nothing is more frustrating then having to replay a very long mission all because you died. Im in the double digits for replays on certain missions because im a noob.

By the way I have the steam version and latest updates. How do I unlock the campaign mission tree to get around these bugs?

Sorry to necro this thread, but I'm new here and can't start a new one yet. This sounds similar to my problem, but the "fix" doesn't really work in my case. 

When I first got the game I got through the boot camp and the first handful of missions in the campaign. But then I had a weird problem with CBA mod and had to reinstall. Somehow in the process I accidentally messed up my game save, losing a couple mission's worth of progress. I may have reverted to the wrong spot inadvertently.

So I used the SHIFT MINUS "campaign" cheat to unlock all missions, then reverted to the one I'd been on (death valley). I finished that mission and when the next mission cutscene played, it was deja vu. I checked the mission list and it had advanced to the next mission in the list, but it was called "Maxwell" and it was the exact same mission as the first Maxwell. I watched the same briefing and was again assigned the blackfoot down mission!

I didn't know why it did that, but the only way to get back on track was to again use the campaign unlock cheat and choose the next mission in the list, hit revert, and jump in. But this happens every time I finish a mission now! I never get to see the cutscenes between missions either, cause it'a always the first Maxwell one. Doing the unlock/revert trick skips the in-between cutscenes.

Ideas?

=======Update=======

Bleah, so I've worked my way up to "Signal Lost" and made it halfway through. I saved my game, but there's no "save and exit" option, only an "abort" option in the menu. Mousing over it says it will save and exit, but instead it aborts entirely and seems to have removed my progress. Now I'm back to the stupid campaign list with Maxwell as the last mission available :( I like this game, but I'm growing to hate the way it handles the built-in campaign.

I have kind of the same problem where after that same mission it takes me back to the main menu rather than going on to whichever mission comes after that. Then when I load up the campaign and select the next mission it brings me back to the very first mission in the game instead! I am in a literal loop where after the Blackfoot mission I start the campaign over again. If anyone knows how to fix this feel free to tell me. I've tried restarting the Blackfoot mission. Restarting my computer. It all doesn't work.