Sign in to follow this  
axclaw

[ARMA 2] How to reduce player lots for blufor and independent?

I have been editing this pbo mission file for a few days now, made some changes here and there but now its my last edit and its killing me i cant find it.

I want to host my server with max 20 players connect but when i launch the mission, theres over 20 slots for blufor and 30 for independent, is there a specific file i should look out for? I just dont want so many people joining independent or blufor since both teams have over 20 slots to choose yet the server allows 20 people to connect

if anyone has any idea where i can change this please let me know

any help appreciated

thanks

Edited by axclaw

bump

thanks for the help i figured it out myself today this morning, its in mission sqm file if anybody ever finds my question in search of the same answer.

for me i have civs and cops, with 34 civs, thus search civ 1

if cops then search cop 1 and delete them accordingly from mission sqm files. for soldiers you look for the names that are in the slot selection screen, got too many pilots? then search for pilot 1 or whatever its called ingame.

Erm... I'd try to open the mission in the editor and delete the units there... that's probably easier and cleaner than messing around in the mission.sqm manually...

i dont have that option anywhere, just have lock, parameters and server control, a place to type a password to login, the server isnt dedicated maybe thats why

You have the mission as xyz.<island>.pbo inside your MPmission-folder in Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 and the mission folder itself in <User>\MyDocuments\Arma 3\missions?

If you have the mission folder (the extracted .pbo), that contains the mission.sqm, you have to put it in <User>\MyDocuments\Arma 3\missions.

Then you can open the mission in the Editor (start Arma 3, click on Editor in the Main Menu). There you can edit the mission to your likings.