Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

Make AI Stay in Place and Rotate

Is there really no way to make AI stay put and still rotate? doStop doesn't work - as soon as they start shooting, they start moving! And disableAI "MOVE" doesn't let them rotate!

DoStop does work, but as soon as fighting starts he gets new order probably from his danger FSMs.

Did you try DisableAI "FSM"?

Just tried both suggestions - but no joy, I'm afraid! Thank you for your responses, though!

Tried allowfleeing - but maybe forcespeed will work? I'll try tonight!

disableAI "MOVE" will make it still rotate and fire at targets, but it would not be able to move around.

I used it in the beta, so this could have changed like in the wiki described.. i don't know.

Hi! DisableAI "MOVE" doesn't work. And ForceSpeed 0 doesn't work. And AllowFleeing 0 doesn't work, lol!

I just tested forcespeed in A3 and it works perfectly.

unit forcespeed 0

unit would be the name of the unit or if using it in the objects init you could use

this forcespeed 0

I placed 10 units half Civ and half Blufor and in some used the forcespeed command.

All those without it ran the others just turn and watch you.

• Like 1

I think the problem may have been the fact that the units I was trying it on were placed in a building with objects in it. Seemed to confuse the AI no end. Tried it outside of buildings and worked okay...

Sorry to necro this thread, but I had the same question. I've tried all of the above commands but the AI will still wonder around when placed inside a building after a firefight.

I still can't get them to move after using forcespeed even in buildings there must be something your doing that I'm not that causes them to move.

I place a unit in the buliding and issue the forcespeed command, I've tried adding waypoints, domove, join group and sent in enemy to see if he would flee and he still stays put.