Sign in to follow this  
Doodle

Name player who used radio trigger

On a dedi server I have a simple radio trigger that displays a hint -

RADIO ALPHA

COND This

ACT hint "Someone has called for support";

I would like the message to say the name of the player who has called for support ie "John has called for support". or Peter 2 etc depending on who uses the radio

thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Think I have solved this. - Sure I will be back if I havent..

Just to note, it helps others who have the same question if you post up your solution rather than announcing that you simply figured it out.

Hadnt get backa cos I found another problem so then wasnt sure if my solution worked.

But for reference "This && player == soldier1" in the COND of a trigger means only player named soldier1 will be able to use the radio trigger - even though the others can see it in their radio lists

working perfect on dedi

init.sqf:

clientCode = nil;
"clientCode" addPublicVariableEventHandler {call (_this select 1)};

trigger activation:

clientCode = compile format ["hint '%1 has called for support'",player];
publicVariable "clientCode";

This was just off the top of my head (and will only work in multiplayer), so I can't confirm that 100%. This may help you if that doesn't work.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172867-Simplest-to-broadcast-a-message-globally

Edited by Waffle_SS

init.sqf:

clientCode = nil;
"clientCode" addPublicVariableEventHandler {call (_this select 1)};

trigger activation:

clientCode = compile format ["hint '%1 has called for support'",player];
publicVariable "clientCode";

Thanks for this - Will give it a try - What I am trying to acheive is each of the 10 players in the mission have a "unique" ability

Would the above example broadcast the message to all players on a dedi and dont suppose you know if it is JIP and respawn friendly?

thanks in advance

I have taken a look at this and I'm affraid I just cant get my head round it -

I am slowly getting a solution to my problems - its all part of this thread (maybe should merge them) HERE

I think that between all of you guys have have got it working as intended almost - just need a couple of buddies to test it with on dedi

Thanks