peral

A-10C for Arma 3

I used to be able to turn on the A10C following the procedures on the Pilot's Manual, but since I came back, even by following the PDF i can't turn it on, it simply refuses to spool the engines
For some reason I can get them running in RobJ's Thunderbolt II mission by flipping the APU Generator switch a couple times after going through the standard startup procedure. Tried the same thing in the editor but it didn't work and I couldn't start it.

For some reason I can get them running in RobJ's Thunderbolt II mission by flipping the APU Generator switch a couple times after going through the standard startup procedure. Tried the same thing in the editor but it didn't work and I couldn't start it.

Same problem here..maybe is due to the last ArmA update. :)

Yup, there's a looping script error when you try to engage the engines and the whole startup process dies there.

{
_A10C setfuel a10_fuelstate; 
Peral_A10C_pilot action >
Error position: <a10_fuelstate; 
Peral_A10C_pilot action >
Error Undefined variable in expression: a10_fuelstate
File Peral_a10\scripts\a10_init.sqf, line 180
Error in expression <sengineon _A10C)) then 
{

We have more and more problems with this very good A-10. With AGM we get very heavy knock outs and pass outs. our pilots die often from this, didnt happen with vanilla and John_Spartan's jets. also GPS bombing and laser designation from infantry we have more problems then with all other jets we use. Very sad because the rest of this A10 is like a A10 should be like!

You really have to talk to the makers of AGM though, as I was flying a couple guys I was training on Thursday and he was getting the "red vision" and I was pulling like... 1 or 2 gs doing basic low level flying in the daytime in a Ghost Hawk. So it's not his jet it's AGM and quite frankly a good reason not to use AGM either.

Nope its not AGM. As i already said it work with vanilla and Johns Jets like it should be (most time). Yes i can turn red a bit or lower visual but not like Perals A10. You die really quick, we get even unconscious state without turning, just fly straight with 400kmh.

Did you wear pilot stuff? Btw. is AGM the best joice for people who want to play more realistic with many helpfull features. AGM is our main mod beside TFR.

Just delete the gforces.pbo in agm addons folder and the problem will be solved.

As EricJ stated, it's AGM.

Fortunately, it's a modular addon, meaning you can remove a few .pbo files and the whole addon will still work.

That said, the .pbo you're looking for is agm_gforces.pbo.

Move that out of the addons folder and voila. No more redout or blackout, no unconscious nor death by gforces.

Or use UNIT setVariable ["AGM_GForceCoef", 0];

Do you still work on the A10C ?

Yes, I have been busy with work and other mods, but I have some updates in the works.

Peral, did u ever get that HUD modification i did for this bird some months ago?

corpsmanup780, asking for updates is discouraged on this forum.

corpsmanup780, asking for updates is discouraged on this forum.

BUMP!!

Does anyone know if there is a possible way to disable the tinted H.U.D. for night flight? Visibility is '0' through that thing after dusk

Yeah, that's pretty much the only thing keeping us from using the A10 atm also.

For someone with better scripting knowledge than me, would it be within scripting scope to do that by mission scripting or is it something that only Peral can fix?

Yeah, that's pretty much the only thing keeping us from using the A10 atm also.

For someone with better scripting knowledge than me, would it be within scripting scope to do that by mission scripting or is it something that only Peral can fix?

Seems more likely it's in the configuration files for the A10 mod itself, so something EASIER fixed by peral but not impossible to do on your own, best to ask for Perals permission before you alter any of the files.

Oh yeah ofc, I'd definately ask him before muckin' about.

Thanks for the answer :)

BUMP!!

Does anyone know if there is a possible way to disable the tinted H.U.D. for night flight? Visibility is '0' through that thing after dusk

I have a update coming this week for the A-10C and i'll look into this before I put the update out, I've been busy with other things and getting my Airfield Logistics mod done to put out this week too.

Wonderful news! *hugs*

I have a update coming this week for the A-10C and i'll look into this before I put the update out, I've been busy with other things and getting my Airfield Logistics mod done to put out this week too.

Thats great to hear!

I know feature request, but if there a way you can have "two" A-10's, one with HUD disabled as it currently is, and one with HUD enabled?

I wonder if high-pitched BZZZZZZT on full-throttle is a feature or bug?

It's basically impossible to hear anything over that sound

So glad your back to updating this, this has been one of my favorite airframes since your first upload!

Take your time though, good things come to those who wait!

Also, if i disable interactive cockpit, arma plane HUD doesn't power on. Is that intentional? Because i can't see which weapon is selected (seems like MFD only shows depleted ammo status).