peral

A-10C for Arma 3

Peral, thanks so much for making this fabulous mod available to us!

A question on your task of adding a working TAD: Have you considered implementing the existing cTab in some form? It won't look like the original, but I believe it would get the job done quite nicely.

Thanks & Best Regards

Gundy

Peral, thanks so much for making this fabulous mod available to us!

A question on your task of adding a working TAD: Have you considered implementing the existing cTab in some form? It won't look like the original, but I believe it would get the job done quite nicely.

Thanks & Best Regards

Gundy

I'm a big fan of CTAB but it uses dialogues that float in the middle of the screen, I have tried something like this and it would move to much in flight to read unless I put it in the middle of the screen without moving and you cant see were your going and sadly it looks like BI will not be fixing this issue or adding any features to fix this issue. (e.g., http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5398)

I'm a big fan of CTAB but it uses dialogues that float in the middle of the screen, I have tried something like this and it would move to much in flight to read unless I put it in the middle of the screen without moving and you cant see were your going and sadly it looks like BI will not be fixing this issue or adding any features to fix this issue. (e.g., http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5398)

Bummer that they pretty much shot that idea down.

Reworking parts of the engine to greatly improve the game or engine itself would require effort and care for the game. :j:

With that sadly out of the window, are you planning on adding CBUs or even mixing AP rounds with the HEI rounds of the GAU-8? I remember from a documentary hearing that a GAU-8 could be loaded with High Explosive Incendiary rounds and every certain amount of rounds fired would fire an Armor Penetrating round, or something like that.

I remember from a documentary hearing that a GAU-8 could be loaded with High Explosive Incendiary rounds and every certain amount of rounds fired would fire an Armor Penetrating round, or something like that.

One HEI followed by four API (depleted uranium). Curious if this is possible to model in-game...

One HEI followed by four API (depleted uranium). Curious if this is possible to model in-game...

That would be simulated by creating a custom magazine with vanilla 40mm HEI and API rounds, the same ammoclass the Marshall fires. Only at a much higher fire rate. In the real A10 its calles CM, Combat Mix. The A10 usually has 2 diffrent loadouts consiting of CM and API rounds only.

I don't know what Peral uses, but I do know that the A164 Wipeout has a diffrent magazine. Because its cannon feels way to whimpy in my opinion. It takes way to many rounds to kill a car with it, whilst you should be able to shred true it like a hot knife true butter.

Hi there

It seems that the Ctrl key can change the align of the view while moving the mouse, is there a way to deactivate that ? Or rebind it ?

@Keewa: This is also true for some of the helicopters already in the game. Not sure if they keybind can be changed.

Heyas, me again. I have been noticing jets getting stuck on the runways on the Takistan map (place a jet down and if it stops, it won't be able to move again). We made a script that lifts the jet and applies 2m/s forward motion to it and this unsticks it about 90% of the time. I asked Alduric (the Takistan dev) about it thinking it was an issue with the roadways being defined incorrectly. He responded that that is not the case (vanilla jets don't have this issue). He suggested it might be the plane itself not having physX setup properly. Do you have any thoughts on this? Need help cause we are loving the mod but can't use it missions due to the sticky bug.

DasClark

HEY Peral, just wanna thank you like all the others do. we use your A10 and not the arma3 one, yours is still superior and always will! Thx for your great work!

:p

Unfortunately, there is one aspect in which the Arma 3 one is superior, which is the fact that everyone has it, meaning it is far easier for anybody to play on a server. Hopefully, if ACE3 becomes a thing perhaps Peral would be willing to add his A-10 to their modset. Would love to see this become a very widespread mod.

Update: 05-02-2014

Finishing up last minute changes to the update now.

Some of the changes in V0.3:

• Fixed the exploding error
  • updated the Service Menu
  • Added new Pilot's manual
  • Added function to disable the Interactive cockpit in the Service Menu settings or function in editor
  • Added GPS targeting system
  • Made some small changes to the HUD
  • Made some small changes to the flight model
  • Made some small changes to the pilot model
  • Made some small changes to the model

Looking forward to the GPS targeting system the most! :D

Peral, good news on the updates... Btw where did you get to on the towing tractor.. THAT would really be useful... especially if it could attach to other aircraft and Helicopters too... Our public players have a hard time getting the A10 out of the hanger it seems... let alone into the air !

:)

cool that is nice to hear that you can turn of the Interactive cockpit

But that was one of the greatest features! :D No, seriously though. I like it very much. Certainly the activation zones (or however you call it) could be reworked a bit, so they're easier to be found with the cursor (especially with TrackIR), but besides that it's an awesome feature.

But that was one of the greatest features! :D No, seriously though. I like it very much. Certainly the activation zones (or however you call it) could be reworked a bit, so they're easier to be found with the cursor (especially with TrackIR), but besides that it's an awesome feature.

never got the gang of it thats why i am so happy that you can turn it of lol

ICE: This is an first and very good try for increasing the simulation. Take 10min to look into youtube tutorials. If you dont want to spend time on this cool feature, this aircraft isnt for you. Perals very cool planes arent made for public city bombing runs, they are for pilots.

Hmm waiting for version 0.3 :p. We had some problems with this turning on feature that isnt turned off if you leave the plane and get in another one. Some report if you get killed and get on another A10 and that several time your FPS decreases and decreased each time you do this.

Try the A-10c in DCS and come say this is difficult :p

Its the perfect combination for people that want to feel like they are flying a A-10c and not just another jet.

Our dedicated pilots are very happy with the startup sequence since it gives them added immersion and actually something to do while recon/JTAC checks the AO, or infantry clears area of AA so CAS can get off the ground ... or whatever the scenario may be. :)

We have some problems tho with the neverendingexplosions-bug and so on, but I've ordered the CAS-pilots to never die meanwhile :P

And tbh, I'm actually very happy that the unguided bombs has no guidance as it is now ... it kinda self-limits how effective/overpowered a CAS-plane is when there's no more AA. Arm the A10 by script with 2 or so LGB's, no AGM's and the rest is unguided bombs or rocket pods. For us the balance turns out pretty much perfect, including downtime on CAS availability and how often the A10's needs to re-arm to get more precision munitions and so on.

Anywho, keep up the good Peral. I hope the update is release soon.

Our squad loves you! :)

Our dedicated pilots are very happy with the startup sequence since it gives them added immersion and actually something to do while recon/JTAC checks the AO, or infantry clears area of AA so CAS can get off the ground ... or whatever the scenario may be. :)

That's a good point actually. :D It's always quite difficult to have them entertained. ;)

What I'd really like to see would be if the A-10 could slow down a bit while firing its cannon, as it's recoil should be high enough to at least slow it down a bit ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAU-8_Avenger#Recoil ). That should add to the immersion and even more to the gravity of that beast.

...it's recoil should be high enough to at least slow it down a bit.

It isn't.