peral

A-10C for Arma 3

CyclonicTuna get with me on TS about this, I have not seen this before and I have tested this with the update i'm about to put out.

Yeah I've encountered the same several times - major hit on performance, both for server and player. TPW adds to this, by spawning the A10 from time to time (one of the many reasons why I don't use TPW)

CyclonicTuna get with me on TS about this, I have not seen this before and I have tested this with the update i'm about to put out.

You're always online on firday right? I'll see about freeing up some time.

I'm working on a update now. almost done with it.

I have put some of the systems on hold for now because they do not work right in Arma as it is now. (CCIP, CCRP, TAD) However these systems and others would be easily implemented if we could render dialogs to a texture like PIP. This would not only be used for HUDs but it could be used to interact with PDA's and laptops in missions and many others.

Please Vote this up, It is needed in Arma 3 for many uses.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5398

Peral, 1st off, excellent work on the A-10C, I fly A-10's in DCS and this is pretty much becoming DCS quality. I do have 1 issue that my searching seems to have failed to find any results.....

I do not have any flaps, gear, push button, canopy, switch, or APU sounds. I do end up with the engine sounds once they are fired up, but thats about it, I have the latest version available through Play With Six, is there something I am missing?

Peral, 1st off, excellent work on the A-10C, I fly A-10's in DCS and this is pretty much becoming DCS quality. I do have 1 issue that my searching seems to have failed to find any results.....

I do not have any flaps, gear, push button, canopy, switch, or APU sounds. I do end up with the engine sounds once they are fired up, but thats about it, I have the latest version available through Play With Six, is there something I am missing?

Do you have both pbo's? Have you tried the download from Armaholic?

Deleted, no longer applicable.

Great work on this addon but I am having trouble using the plane as virtual CAS for bombing runs, I can get the plane to spawn but it isn't powered up and just crashes, also if i put it as a normal CAS (where the plane starts on the map) i can call it in but when it gets to the target area it doesn't drop any bombs. Is there something i need to put in the init field??

Thanks for any help or advice in advance

The key interaction "Use Action 20" does not work, I even configuring the keyboard!

Can anyone tell if the key has changed location, or is it a bug?

translated by Google.

Do you have both pbo's? Have you tried the download from Armaholic?

Just got rid of the Play With Six version and downloaded the one from Armaholic, went in and tried to start up the aircraft via your manual and still no sound and it will not start up, I have both the A10 and the Data PBO's, not sure what is going on here....

Just got rid of the Play With Six version and downloaded the one from Armaholic, went in and tried to start up the aircraft via your manual and still no sound and it will not start up, I have both the A10 and the Data PBO's, not sure what is going on here....

have the same problem some guys i play with hade that problem to the plane looks so nice if i start it in the editor in air it works fine just cant get it of the ground

would be really nice if u would make a normal version to without the interactive cockpit

SnakePlissken,

That key was changed, it now defaults to the E keyboard key.

:cool:

The key interaction "Use Action 20" does not work, I even configuring the keyboard!

Can anyone tell if the key has changed location, or is it a bug?

translated by Google.

Yea i have the same problem as Snake, i linked the user action 20 key to "u", "right ctrl" and some other keys to try to make it work, but none of them clicked the start up buttons. When i point my little white dot on the controls and hit the key nothing would happen, sometimes a white mouse cursor would appear but the controls would not be toggled on or off or whatever. Any help would be great, Thank you.

Please read the PDF that is with the mod. The Crosshair Action was changed in the last update.

Or simply read the 3d before asking something...99% of times someone can find the answer he's looking for :)

Peral: will you be incorporating BI's normal way of targeting unguided bombs meanwhile? (or am I just forgetful/stupid enought to realize it's already there? ... definitely a possibility ... ;D)

Hey Peral,

I don't know if you're still having trouble with implementing a CCIP but I came across this on the forums and thought it could be usefull to you:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175670-CCIP-script

PS.

I'm sorry I haven't replied to your pm's yet, but things have been kind of hectic in my life lately. But I'm still interested in making a cool showcase video for your A10, just have to sort some things out first.

I'll be in touch.

anyone else recognise HUGE fps drops. While shooting with the cannon sometimes?

I'm getting some strange behavior on our dedicated...

5AC8B9DB94BC804018715E76124AF86E08C5F650

9DD84262DC9DC437260D0CC3217893D45420EBB2

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577892655285499082/30EDDFC051BB0767989B638A3E718C6BE0C761BB/ (491 kB)

It's re-spawning now, which is great... not sure if that's the mod been updated or A3... but it creates lots of copies of itself now for some reason including millions of canopies, Martin Bakers... etc

SJ

anyone else recognise HUGE fps drops. While shooting with the cannon sometimes?

Check your audio quality setting

Both Arma 3 and Windows audioquality

if they are not same or too high those are happen

i was too late to know this so i eventually do Format

hmmm.... I am having an issue with the mod. If I mess up the start up at all, I can't get the a-10 to properly start up (might just be doing that part wrong). The bigger issue I am seeing is that the planes state seems to be per player, not per plane. In other words, if I get shot down and spawn into a new plane, it has all of the switches in the on position but the plane is powered down (toggling the switches off and back on in the proper order does not result in a proper start). Any thoughts or can the mod only support one A-10 in a mission?

DasClark

I think I have fixed the A-10C crashes it keeps exploding error. I have updated the service menu. And working on the last steps of some new features, I know it's been a while since my last update, been busy and I want to make sure it works be a update. I will have a update list soon and hopefully with testing have a update out very soon.

ok, so on further testing, it almost feels like the switch states are set on the player or as a global variable and not the plane. If you toggle a switch in one plane, then get in another with no changes, you will find the same switch toggled. Peral, how are you tracking the state of the switches and the "startup level" of the plane?

DasClark

I think I have fixed the A-10C crashes it keeps exploding error. I have updated the service menu. And working on the last steps of some new features, I know it's been a while since my last update, been busy and I want to make sure it works be a update. I will have a update list soon and hopefully with testing have a update out very soon.

Hey Peral, not sure if it's been mentioned or not but when I use MCC to call in your Hog for a CAS run it makes the stalling sound really loud and you hear it no matter what or where you're at. This also happens with TPW's mod for the ambient aircraft flybys--I always know when I'm about to see your A10 flyby cuz I heard the stall warning go off haha. I'm on stable build and I run JSRS so not sure if there's a conflict...

Looking forward to the update to see what you've been working on.

Glad to hear there is an update in the works, I refuse to use the new A-164 Wipeout fantasy thing and dig the hell out of this nasty beast, so once again.... Fantastic Work & Thank You Sir

yes, true that. Flying the A-10 is a joy (extra button clicks and all). It is an excellent mod and handles brilliantly :)

DasClark