peral

A-10C for Arma 3

Awesome plane to fly. Any chance of seeing an AI friendly version? Looks a bit weird when they fly around with canopy open and those wheel stoppers flying around with the plane

Well, I don't know what took me so long to find this thread, but what you've done is amazing. I think I've finally managed to start up the thing no problems without randomly pressing buttons. One question though, is that a female body+jumpsuit that the pilot wears? It kinda reminds me of a project from maybe a few months back on the forum. If I may say it leaves me with a funny looking kind of guy, and if it isn't, then I must not be seeing right. Rest is great, except I still don't know how to make missiles lock on yet.

Great mod, and hoping to use it in alot of missions but have noted a few things regarding its weapons.

From what I've seen so far, there are two types of AGM-65Ds on the default loadout. One called CCD and another called IIR. Pressing right click with CCD selected, it gives the lock tone. But when fired it does not hit the target. Is this meant to be TV guided by the TGP like an AGM-65H? The IIR (infrared = 65D?) variant locks on and strikes target like any other ATGM in Arma 3.

The GAU-8 does not inflict any visible damage to T-100s, even after making multiple gun runs to its rear.

The current bomb reticle in the hud seems to be very inaccurate. Mk84/82's drop 100-200m short of target. Really can't wait for CCIP/CCRP modes.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the GBU12 is able to track painted targets from Arma 3's default laser designator?

Edited by docbrown

Well, I don't know what took me so long to find this thread, but what you've done is amazing. I think I've finally managed to start up the thing no problems without randomly pressing buttons. One question though, is that a female body+jumpsuit that the pilot wears? It kinda reminds me of a project from maybe a few months back on the forum. If I may say it leaves me with a funny looking kind of guy, and if it isn't, then I must not be seeing right. Rest is great, except I still don't know how to make missiles lock on yet.

You like the guy's curves dont you mate? ;)

Update:

Change log as of now,

• Crosshair Action key has been changed (more to follow)
  • Signal Lamp Test has been fixed
  • Some sound volumes have been adjusted
  • GAU-8 damage has been adjusted
  • GAU-8 sound has been adjusted
  • Issue with AI and open canopy has been fixed
  • Targeting reticle has been adjusted
  • Error with empty loadout from the service menu has been fixed
  • Canopy damage texture has been replaced
  • The A-10C pilot has been adjusted
  • UserActions have been added for CCRP, Master Arm, GUN/PAC, and Canopy
  • .bisign for Peral_A10_Data added

I'm working on the landing gear sound issue and some other small fixes. When these fixes are done I will be uploading a new video showing the A-10's current functions and upcoming features. Update will be out soon.

Edited by Peral

:627: Excellent update, man. Looking forward to the update video/release of said update! :627:

There was one thing that confused me though which was the ENG OPER left and right switches seem to have 2 positions: down and up. And the NORM position is the up position. The A-10 has 3 positions Down = Motor, Middle = NORM and Up = IGN. It looked like it was in the default NORM position so I got confused as to why it wasn't working for me :S. But that's just a minor thing... other than that and some other little things that only nitpickers like me might worry about, engine start up can be done almost by the book!

Fantastic work, keep it up!

Edited by Enigmo762

i am using it as the (fictional) A10-N (Naval version capable of launching from a flight deck) it assists me BIG time as airsupport from the Nimitz (using the Air support script made by VinceMagic / Draper) so this way i want to say, THANK YOU FOR THIS INCREDIBLE AIRCRAFT :)

Something I have noticed (probably mentioned above, but I'm to lazy to look- sorry.) is that the switches' positions are "saved" when you crash and the aircraft is respawned. This means that when the aircraft spawns, the switches have been reset visually, but need to be clicked twice (once "off" - nothing happens, then "on" and they turn on) to enable. Also, when flying, the clickable regions fly all over the cockpit when you are airborne, meaning that you cannot click anything while in midair. Other than that, great mod, can't wait for the update to come out.

+1. It's a really cool mod but I'm having the exact same issues as above.

The rocket pods fire from under the body of the rather than below the wings where the actual pods are.

Same as the two above. Is there a way we could get two versions? One without the long startup procedure, etc, so we can start to use it properly. And then a beta version with everything while the bugs get worked out?

Same as the two above. Is there a way we could get two versions? One without the long startup procedure, etc, so we can start to use it properly. And then a beta version with everything while the bugs get worked out?

What would be the added significance of having two versions, one of which is less incomplete than the other? Peral is working on it, he's aware of the bugs and things that need to be straightend out. And those will get fixed when they gef fixed. Having two versions only implies more work for the author without any use for the second version. The latest update is always going to be the most complete and patched up version, why do you need one that is incomplete, and on that is less incomplete?

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Tuna, I believe they are referring specifically to bugs in the startup process (i.e. switches not being reset after respawn) which would not need to be fixed if the startup process could be bypassed. However, I think they are a bit confused in that they shouldn't be asking for two mods, but rather a config file that allows the user to set whether the startup process is mandatory or can be automated. You're 100% right that splitting it into two mods is unnecessary work and confusion.

I think that's a perfectly reasonable question to ask Peral, but I also think Peral should feel free to say no if it is more than trivial work (which it may be) to add or he has some other sort of reason for it.

Tuna, I believe they are referring specifically to bugs in the startup process (i.e. switches not being reset after respawn) which would not need to be fixed if the startup process could be bypassed. However, I think they are a bit confused in that they shouldn't be asking for two mods, but rather a config file that allows the user to set whether the startup process is mandatory or can be automated. You're 100% right that splitting it into two mods is unnecessary work and confusion.

I think that's a perfectly reasonable question to ask Peral, but I also think Peral should feel free to say no if it is more than trivial work (which it may be) to add or he has some other sort of reason for it.

I see, but than I'd still say that now that Peral is aware of the problem, it could be fixed in the next version. So why even bother making 2 configs now?

It's an alpha, not even a beta release, a work-in-progress. If you want it all fixed, wait for a full release before using the A-10.

Switching each switch twice to reset it really isn't a hardship. I've not got in an A10 I couldn't get started, however it was left.

asking Peral to bypass a key element of his model means that element won't get alpha/beta-tested by those willing to 'test' this preview release. And if you don't like the startup procedure, go encourage the other a10 modder: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168508-(STI)-A-10-for-ARMA-3

but don't ask for update info, or you will get an infraction :)

I see, but than I'd still say that now that Peral is aware of the problem, it could be fixed in the next version. So why even bother making 2 configs now?

There are at least three groups of people:

1) Those who want to use the startup procedure, regardless of bugs.

2) Those who want to use the startup procedure only once it is bug free (which may take more than one update because things get missed and BI breaks things).

3) Those who do not want to use the startup procedure in any case.

Group 1 won't see any point to a no-startup configuration. Group 2 will see some point to it in case of possible future bugs. Group 3 will want it regardless.

It's entirely up to Peral whether he wants to cater to anyone beyond group 1, but I do see some legitimate reasons for the request.

This Plane Kicks Ass, just like you Peral. Thx for this. Really love it.

Not sure if its possible but as an owner of an Warthog Hotas it would be amazing to use the Buttons and Switches instead of clicking around in the Cockpit.

Edited by Saine
typo

I'm just wondering if you can place a line in the INIT line of the plane that would setFuel to 1 or full? Basically, somewhere in the start up sequence (IIRC) the plane starts out with no fuel, but after a few switch clicks, it gets fuel delivered in the code, and all of a sudden you can start the engine. So, the choices are: 1) Peral can add that as a workaround to a less complex system startup, or 2) you might get it to work as mentioned, and all is well until he can push out the next build.

Please report back if this route works. If not, sorry.

Update

Change log:

V0.2

- Crosshair Action key has been changed

- Hud has been reworked

- Air refuelling receptacle modeled on the front of the aircraft

- Rear view mirrors added to the cockpit

- Signal Lamp Test has been fixed

- Some sound volumes have been adjusted

- GAU-8 damage has been adjusted

- GAU-8 sound has been adjusted

- Issue with AI and open canopy has been fixed

- Targeting reticle has been adjusted

- Error with empty loadout from the service menu has been fixed

- Canopy damage texture has been replaced

- The A-10C pilot has been adjusted

- UserActions have been added for CCRP, Master Arm, GUN/PAC, and Canopy

- .bisign for Peral_A10_Data added

Also new video

Nice job! Anyone know any tricks to get the AI to take off with full throttle and use all the runway? I'm using a pretty short runway... I can get the A-10 up into the air on it but the AI seem like they don't engage full throttle right at the start of the runway and they end up crashing. Would be nice to have something like the "invisible helipad" that could be placed on a runway to tell the AI "FULL THROTTLE!!!!" (and appropriate flaps?)

Hey mate,

I downloaded the add-on not too long ago and I was curious if you had been getting any reports of the engines not starting. I followed the start up procedure in the PDF as well as trying the procedures from your video and various other videos, none of which leading to any success.

Thanks in advance!

S/F