peral

A-10C for Arma 3

Hello everyone, here is a update

- I'm looking at changing the Crosshair Action key from "Custom User 20" to "AutoHover" because "Custom User 20" conflicts with other mods and planes do not use AutoHover so it's a free key and no setup is needed.

- I fixed the radar box and lock on

- I'm looking into fixing the gear sound being heard from far away (if anyone knows a easy fix please PM me)

- I'm working on a fix for the canopy opening with AI

- I updated the pdf with some small changes

- I changed the End User License Agreement to include, users are not permitted to edit, tweak or change the addon in any way without explicit permission from myself. (Please do not extract the PBO's and unRAP anything. If you want to use something from the mod or know a fix for something please PM me. I have no problem sharing resources)

- I replaced the cockpit damage texture, (I saw your video on the A-10C, TheSwissMAVERICK) but please keep in mind the damage system and textures are still WIP

- I'm looking for a YouTuber to help me make a new updated video for the A-10C

I'm going to be posting a update for the A-10C soon.

I would like feedback on what you think.

Can you release a template to make different camos / faces

Peral check your pm for my message please.

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

I'm having trouble using the A-10.

I have all the controls mapped, ive got 1-4 and 20 mapped.

but when i press the number 20 key while using "free aim" around in the cockpit aiming at the proper controls, nothing happens.

Any idea whats going on?

Thanks for your time.

Okies absolutely loving this bird however, when she is in the air, I am still getting the names of the buttons appearing as I fly along. I thought they were meant to be disabled.

Okies absolutely loving this bird however, when she is in the air, I am still getting the names of the buttons appearing as I fly along. I thought they were meant to be disabled.

Yes I saw that too but as soon as I moved my view up a bit it went away? Weird?

Hey Peral,

Another idea popped up into my head :P. Would it be possible to impelement nvg's similair to those in Falcon BMS: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8p0QWl0xToI/UptRH6p1iCI/AAAAAAAAKz8/4tAZvUcB2Yw/s1600/2013-11-30_155353.jpg

I believe real pilots use a system where they either have an NVG covering one eye, or just a portion of their sight so they can still read lid up instruments.

Here's another example in Blackshark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldoef9ePw-4

Hello everyone, here is a update

- I'm looking at changing the Crosshair Action key from "Custom User 20" to "AutoHover" because "Custom User 20" conflicts with other mods and planes do not use AutoHover so it's a free key and no setup is needed.

The FA/18 mod uses the Seagull Fast-Forward key (under development) for its afterburner button, which is convenient since I hadn't already bound it to something else. Perhaps using a similar key for this would work well? (i.e. one of the keys on the Development page). If you set it to the auto-hover key, some people already have it bound to a joystick button that isn't in a convenient place for pressing it as often as the crosshair action key would need to be used. I think it's important to have it set to something that would never be used in the air by a plane or helicopter, since otherwise you risk conflicting with someone's existing keybindings.

Another option is to just set a key such as E or left Ctrl in a userconfig configuration file, which would allow people to change it if it doesn't work for them.

@PenguinInATuxedo

I never figured out how to use the bomb indicators, could you point me to a good tutorial?

Thank you muchly

Just to confirm: the custom towing trucks (the small and the huge/trucklike) Peral was working along with the A-10C aren´t available yet, right?

cheers!

^^ Perhaps going too fast ? Having a slight negative angle of attack perhaps isnt that much of a problem in the hog.

I've never heard of an airplane flying nose down to maintain straight and level flight. I don't know whether the speed readout is in KPH or knots in this addon, but even if I assume I'm flying at 300 kts, that's not fast enough to cause this behavior.

Again, this is a problem that is present in all Arma planes; I'm just wondering if anything can be done from the addon side to fix this stuff, because it's really dumb.

I've never heard of an airplane flying nose down to maintain straight and level flight.

Just watch a few student pilots learning how to trim properly. You'll see plenty :laugh:

;2620344']Just to confirm: the custom towing trucks (the small and the huge/trucklike) Peral was working along with the A-10C aren´t available yet' date=' right?

cheers![/quote']

Both Towing Tractors have been moved to their own mod and I will be putting out a update soon. I'm working on a new video explaining that and answering questions i've seen in the forum.

Thanks for the response, Peral! I´ll wait a lil more for using them on the Nimitz and Central Altis (International) Airport ;)

cheers!

Hello

I am a player from Taiwan

First of all thank you very much for making this mod

Asks delay errors on reading the map did not happen

Anyone found a fix for not seeing the text that appears over the cockpit's button when the dot hovers above the button? It's driving me insane....:mad:. Oh and some sounds are not working like when you switch buttons and stuff which probably leads me to the third problem where the "interactive" function don't work(like I can't switch buttons). Is it a installation problem or what, because I can't find the problem anywhere....

Edited by Thatpie099

I'm having bad weather where i'm at and the power here goes on and off, please PM me and I can try to help with your issues as soon as I can.

Hey Peral,

first off, congratulations on your release. I've been waiting for this mod for a while now and I am certainly not disappointed. As a DCS A-10 lover, I am thrilled that someone was skilled enough to bring such a good substitute into Arma 3, and also very excited to have the A-10 in Arma 3 period.

I assume that CCIP is a very difficult function to bring into arma, but I can't get past how the gun fires. One of my favorite things about the A-10 is the fact that the HUD indicates exactly (well, relatively) where the rounds will impact (assuming you're within 2 km). I am having lots of trouble hitting targets with the current setup, and would love for a better method of aiming the gun. Besides that, great mod. I am very excited to see where this project leads in the future.

Agreed, was doing some CAS practice last night the pilot was saying that (and I saw from the ground) that it would go over the target, or under the target. A few times the rounds would connect but overall I felt that Mavericks were better than the gun as far as hitting a stationary target.

Oh god, your plane is fantastic, but, it's necessary very it's a pity not to hear the gatling when she fires far off.

We hear it well when we are close, but when we are on the ground, we do not hear the gatling, one just see the fire of Zeus beating down on us, I find that it's a pity, that would add in dumping, you do not find?

But your mod is fantastic ! Good Job !

soo.. I made that video about how to start your A-10C quickly since I couldn't manage it with your video so, here goes

hope you don't mind

Hey Peral,

Another idea popped up into my head :P. Would it be possible to impelement nvg's similair to those in Falcon BMS: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8p0QWl0xToI/UptRH6p1iCI/AAAAAAAAKz8/4tAZvUcB2Yw/s1600/2013-11-30_155353.jpg

I believe real pilots use a system where they either have an NVG covering one eye, or just a portion of their sight so they can still read lid up instruments.

Here's another example in Blackshark:

I offer this as a data point. I'm not saying that Peral "needs" to do this... It's not that one NVG tube is over one eye, it's that the way pilots wear NVGs is NOT depicted accurately in games and what you see on Youtube. The goggles have a 40 degree FOV (in a circle, not an ellipse), but they're not right up against the eye. Instead, they're slightly forward so you can look underneath the goggles to see the instruments. The "effect" to the pilot is that he can see 40 degrees (at a time) aided, or move his eye a small amount and see the world unaided "around" the goggles in front of him. That video you use of F4 is a decent representation of how it actually looks (albeit a little easier/cleaner).

I've never heard of an airplane flying nose down to maintain straight and level flight. I don't know whether the speed readout is in KPH or knots in this addon, but even if I assume I'm flying at 300 kts, that's not fast enough to cause this behavior.

It's not unheard of. The T-34C flies that way at fast cruise. It actually has a negative angle of attack at ~190 knots to maintain level flight.

It's not unheard of. The T-34C flies that way at fast cruise. It actually has a negative angle of attack at ~190 knots to maintain level flight.

Fair enough, I guess, although it would be cool to see some documentation on this. It's still not a thing with the A-10, though, so I'll stand by my request to have that looked at.

Edit: It's not that I doubt that it's possible to build an airplane that flies nose down in level flight, just that, to my knowledge, the A-10 doesn't, and neither do any of the airplanes modeled in Arma games. It's clearly not appropriate behavior in the context of these games.

Edited by roshnak

Fair enough, I guess, although it would be cool to see some documentation on this. It's still not a thing with the A-10, though, so I'll stand by my request to have that looked at.

Edit: It's not that I doubt that it's possible to build an airplane that flies nose down in level flight, just that, to my knowledge, the A-10 doesn't, and neither do any of the airplanes modeled in Arma games. It's clearly not appropriate behavior in the context of these games.

I can't speak to the A-10, as I've never flown it, so I get your point. I can tell you first hand that the T-34C flies with a negative AOA/pitch. I'd have to dig around in my pubs to "prove" it to you (it is documented), but for now you'd have to take my word (and 1000+ hours in model) for it.

I can't speak to the A-10, as I've never flown it, so I get your point. I can tell you first hand that the T-34C flies with a negative AOA/pitch. I'd have to dig around in my pubs to "prove" it to you (it is documented), but for now you'd have to take my word (and 1000+ hours in model) for it.

I wasn't looking for proof, I was legitimately interested in reading about it. I've found some stuff on B-52s flying slightly nose down, but in general it seems pretty rare.

Also, I should clarify, the A-10C isn't flying a little nose down, it's flying with its nose a good 3-5 degrees below the horizon at 300 kph (?) and still climbing a little.

Edit: Actually, after doing some more testing, I can't be sure how much nose down the plane requires, since the FPM is not accurate apparently? I just crashed into the ocean with the FPM above the horizon line, so... I don't know. I suspect this is also just a default Arma problem.

E2: It's the pitch ladder that is off. The horizon line is too low, I guess. The plane still probably shouldn't fly nose down, but the pitch ladder thing explains me crashing into the ocean with the FPM above the horizon line.

Edited by roshnak