peral

A-10C for Arma 3

@Peral: Congrats on the great release, this addon just raised the bar on the BIS foruns!

I´ve experiencing "shifting interaction" while inflight, just to add to the statistics as it´s an open alpha and those pesky bugs are part of the process... Is there already a way to change the HUD color? I´m getting a wash out due to A3 lighting and, as all GUI is disabled in the A10C I can´t read any flight data =/ (changing to red or black would make the HUD readable in those situations)

As some other folks round here have mentioned, I miss an AI wingman and would love to use your A10C in CAS while I´m a grunt in the ground (playing SP of course)... Could you please config a subclass, bot friendly and closed to players, just like PR (BF2 mod) guys did with their helos and planes for COOP? (dumbed down vehicles were acessible only for BOTs)

Thanks a lot for your outstanding work and cheers!

Nice work loving it!

;2617993']@Peral: Congrats on the great release' date=' this addon just raised the bar on the BIS foruns!

I´ve experiencing "shifting interaction" while inflight, just to add to the statistics as it´s an open alpha and those pesky bugs are part of the process... Is there already a way to change the HUD color? I´m getting a wash out due to A3 lighting and, as all GUI is disabled in the A10C I can´t read any flight data =/ (changing to red or black would make the HUD readable in those situations)

As some other folks round here have mentioned, I miss an AI wingman and would love to use your A10C in CAS while I´m a grunt in the ground (playing SP of course)... Could you please config a subclass, bot friendly and closed to players, just like PR (BF2 mod) guys did with their helos and planes for COOP? (dumbed down vehicles were acessible only for BOTs)

Thanks a lot for your outstanding work and cheers![/quote']

Have you tried using AI? because as it is now the AI can fly and use the A-10 just fine in all the test run so far.

I want to point out that the switches and buttons do not work while your moving. That's why I added Action menu function to key features. Also this is still a WIP including textures and the damage system.

I'm working on fixing issues mentioned in this thread and updating the .pdf PLEASE READ THE PDF!

I´ve read the PDF, I know it is a development bug, just wanted to point out as a statistic, as some ppl didn´t complained... About the AI, I´ve just spawned through MCC one A10C and the bot couldn´t take it off... but when I created a mission, they´ve worked alright, sorry for the precipitation =)

On the other hand... If it is possible in the RV engine, please, include the option to change HUD color, the bright green washes out in bright days on ArmA3 maps, thank you in advance!

cheers and keep up the outstanding work!

Not only is there a PDF in the @Peral_A-10C folder, but there's also information about the aircraft in the service menu (Pilot's Handbook or whatever it's called) in-game.

Not only is there a PDF in the @Peral_A-10C folder, but there's also information about the aircraft in the service menu (Pilot's Handbook or whatever it's called) in-game.

Pilots manual :> (sorry couldnt resist :P)

Hey, love your mod. I'd love to be able to call in the a-10 for cas. 2 questions:

1. Regardless of how I set him up via the editor, he immediately takes off and starts loitering. Is this a bug? Part of the Arma 3 engine? Workaround so he will act like a conventional helo cas support module?

2. How do I remove all his weapons except for the gau-8? I'm familiar with changing custom loadouts/crates but when I go into the config browser and use the names in the Peral_A10 nothing works...i'm doing something wrong :)

To sum up...

I am trying to call in the a-10 like any other cas support module and have his weapons limited to the gau-8. Any help is appreciated...manual doesn't address using the mod as AI.

Keep up the great work.

Hey, love your mod. I'd love to be able to call in the a-10 for cas. 2 questions:

1. Regardless of how I set him up via the editor, he immediately takes off and starts loitering. Is this a bug? Part of the Arma 3 engine? Workaround so he will act like a conventional helo cas support module?

2. How do I remove all his weapons except for the gau-8? I'm familiar with changing custom loadouts/crates but when I go into the config browser and use the names in the Peral_A10 nothing works...i'm doing something wrong :)

To sum up...

I am trying to call in the a-10 like any other cas support module and have his weapons limited to the gau-8. Any help is appreciated...manual doesn't address using the mod as AI.

Keep up the great work.

If you use MCC and then use the CAS drop down menu you can call in just a gun run. It works pretty good although I think I saw that the canopy was up on the A10...

If you use MCC and then use the CAS drop down menu you can call in just a gun run. It works pretty good although I think I saw that the canopy was up on the A10...

Canopy went up on me a couple of times while I was flying.

Cannot seem to get the cross hairs to activate to allow me to control it. I assume because I have User Action 20 mapped to ALiVE.

Is there anyway to get a User Config HPP file so we can map out own keys, (not through the Custom User Keys panel, as too many mods are using the same items, i.e. ALiVE, Xmed etc etc)

Thanks

SJ

lovely looking bird by the way, just wish I could get it to run :)

Thanks, good idea. It would be really nice to have em on the ramp ready to go. Hopefully that will be possible soon.

This is one of the best mods I have ever seen in Arma. It's a mix of Flight sim and ace combat, all rolled into the Arma world. Yes I found that that the start up takes a few min. But after a few try's I find it very easy and painless. It even works with the air support module.

This is an excellent mod. Top marks!

Can anyone tell me the correct proceedure for shutting the aircraft down fully?

Thx in advance.

EDIT: I should say, so the aircraft requires the correct start up proceedure again.

Edited by Foxy

This is one of the best mods I have ever seen in Arma. It's a mix of Flight sim and ace combat, all rolled into the Arma world. Yes I found that that the start up takes a few min. But after a few try's I find it very easy and painless. It even works with the air support module.

Can you describe what type of support module setup you use? I want to use it, but not the virtual supplier version. I want the jet on the ramp...cold...until called in for cas. Do you have this working?

Can you do anything about the insane amount of lift the plane has? The flight path marker is almost always above the nose, which leads to flying with your nose pointed below the horizon in order to fly straight and level.

This might just be a problem with Arma's flight model, since it's been a thing on every plane in the series, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway.

P.S. This plane is cool, good work.

^^ Perhaps going too fast ? Having a slight negative angle of attack perhaps isnt that much of a problem in the hog.

seems like fuel is running pretty fast. I fly about 20km and suddenly engine just stopped

Any suggestion?

After some confusion. I got everything to work. How should the Engines sound when Accelerating? They sounded weird but it may just be my lack of knowledge.

in addition are you only able to make it work to were its either you have to use Manuel start-up or is there a way you can get it so that "arma 3 start up" can be used?

I love manually doing the start up but sometimes i feel it would be nice to just hop in and fly around.

Edited by hockeymanjs

Just noticed, the white dot used to interact is still visible in 3rd person, will that still be the case at full release? I would rather have it hidden when outside but thats just mu opinion.

Hello everyone, here is a update

- I'm looking at changing the Crosshair Action key from "Custom User 20" to "AutoHover" because "Custom User 20" conflicts with other mods and planes do not use AutoHover so it's a free key and no setup is needed.

- I fixed the radar box and lock on

- I'm looking into fixing the gear sound being heard from far away (if anyone knows a easy fix please PM me)

- I'm working on a fix for the canopy opening with AI

- I updated the pdf with some small changes

- I changed the End User License Agreement to include, users are not permitted to edit, tweak or change the addon in any way without explicit permission from myself. (Please do not extract the PBO's and unRAP anything. If you want to use something from the mod or know a fix for something please PM me. I have no problem sharing resources)

- I replaced the cockpit damage texture, (I saw your video on the A-10C, TheSwissMAVERICK) but please keep in mind the damage system and textures are still WIP

- I'm looking for a YouTuber to help me make a new updated video for the A-10C

I'm going to be posting a update for the A-10C soon.

I would like feedback on what you think.

Hello everyone, here is a update

- I'm looking at changing the Crosshair Action key from "Custom User 20" to "AutoHover" because "Custom User 20" conflicts with other mods and planes do not use AutoHover so it's a free key and no setup is needed.

- I fixed the radar box and lock on

- I'm looking into fixing the gear sound being heard from far away (if anyone knows a easy fix please PM me)

- I'm working on a fix for the canopy opening with AI

- I updated the pdf with some small changes

- I changed the End User License Agreement to include, users are not permitted to edit, tweak or change the addon in any way without explicit permission from myself. (Please do not extract the PBO's and unRAP anything. If you want to use something from the mod or know a fix for something please PM me. I have no problem sharing resources)

- I replaced the cockpit damage texture, (I saw your video on the A-10C, TheSwissMAVERICK) but please keep in mind the damage system and textures are still WIP

- I'm looking for a YouTuber to help me make a new updated video for the A-10C

I'm going to be posting a update for the A-10C soon.

I would like feedback on what you think.

I think that's sounds great!

I found an issue last night with the new JSRS update... when your position is behind the plane it sounds like an ATV driving by....

Good to see new update soon. I might need a tutorial on how to drop bombs agian, I can't seem to figure it without that vertical line and small horizontal line.