peral

A-10C for Arma 3

Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but the airbrakes on the wings do not animate when being used. From what I've seen in ArmA 3, only the F18 has its airbrakes animated. Might want to look into it. ;)

This plane is excellent! It's good to have something so immersive and really looking forward to some more completed features, especially for the bombs.

Btw how do you deploy countermeasures?

Should be C, just like in Coutermeasures xD

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

Pretty amazing mod u did with the A-10 but are u gonna come out with the same mod but no button interaction stuff? kinda annoying how u have to click alot of buttons and what not to take off... i think alot people just wanna get in and take off with somthing like this but the realism is cool... still cant take off with it... but u can fly it by starting off as pilot and flying.. If u could id really like to see this without the interaction menu stuff... i am sure other people would enjoy that too

Its not hard to learn and if you dont feel like reading the pdf just spawn a HEMTT ammo next to your A-10C, open the service menu and select pilors manual. Boom startup sequence!

Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but the airbrakes on the wings do not animate when being used. From what I've seen in ArmA 3, only the F18 has its airbrakes animated. Might want to look into it. ;)

Works perfectly for me, so change some setting and it should work.

Amazing detail, excellent work. However as per the readme I've bound keys to the interaction ( 20 ) and service / CCRP Camera ( 3 / 4 ) to keys that aren't used. However none of them work for me :/ Only way I can fly is by starting it in the air. Probably some weird ArmA error.

Some key bindings don't work for me, but others do. Try binding 20->E, that works for me, but the "App/Windows" key didn't work. You can experiment and change it later if you want. Also, there is a bit of a trick to enabling the switch "click".

Place the microdot cursor over what you wish to click until you see the switch's name label appear. Once the name label is visible, you may have to slide the cursor location slightly towards the "ON" or "OFF" side of the switch (with the label still visible). When you have shifted slightly with the name label is still visible, press the key (like I said "E" works for me). You should hear it click and activate the move animation. Throttles are also tricky. Again, you have to hover the cursor over the throttle so you see the name label, and them slide the cursor in the throttle-up direction (name label still visible) and the press the key to activate the animation.

I haven't gotten around to service / CCRP Camera yet ...

Edited by MissionCreep

Hm I added "y" as Custom>User action 20, but nothing happends when I look at buttons(text appears) and press Y.

First off, amazing mod Peral, well worth the wait! Im having some small issues though. The AI does not close the canopy when flying, i cant press any buttons while in flight, I dont hear any of the cockpit sounds (buttons switches landing gear canopy and apu) even though the rest pf the A-10C sounds are fine (engine weapons and all) and lastly whenever i use ctrl+k to lower the flaps my compass shows up (only does it with the A-10C).

Just want to say awesome work and thank you...

I'm having a problem with targeting missiles, I get the reveal boxes but they aren't on target and I can't get a lock on.

Anyone having the same problem?

Just want to say awesome work and thank you...

I'm having a problem with targeting missiles, I get the reveal boxes but they aren't on target and I can't get a lock on.

Anyone having the same problem?

Im guessing you havent armed the laser, try flipping the switch below the master arm one on the left side of the console below the left MFCD. Then you should be able to lock on by pressing T

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

Hm I added "y" as Custom>User action 20, but nothing happends when I look at buttons(text appears) and press Y.

I use left ctrl as custom user action 20, it works perfectly, doesnt do anything when pressed only once and is easy to reach while flying the aircraft.

I have the laser activated and I'm getting green targeting boxes closes to the target but they aren't on the targets and I can't get a lock on.

Thanks for the reply

congrats to the release pearl.

yesterday i tried your bird and it is a real beast. it took me a while to bring it into the air :D

the clickable cockpit is awesome and brings more realism to arma how i like it.

something i noticed is that the click actions of the cockpit shifting when i speed up the machine. so it's not possible for me to click in the cockpit while i'm in the air. a clanmate noticed the same on his machine when we tried the addon in multiplayer.

thank you and all involved for your great work on this baby :)

regards

moerderhoschi

I have the laser activated and I'm getting green targeting boxes closes to the target but they aren't on the targets and I can't get a lock on.

Thanks for the reply

I had a bi of trouble myself, try aiming slightly above the green targeting boxes, it works for me. If you still cant, then only Peral can help you ;)

I'd like to correct myself: airbrakes animation seems to work fine in singleplayer, but I don't see them animating in multiplayer.

EDIT: Also, at night, if your front light and green cockpit lights are on, bringing up your landing gear will turn off both the front light (which makes sense) and the interior green light (which doesn't?)

Edited by Phronk

congrats to the release pearl.

yesterday i tried your bird and it is a real beast. it took me a while to bring it into the air :D

the clickable cockpit is awesome and brings more realism to arma how i like it.

something i noticed is that the click actions of the cockpit shifting when i speed up the machine. so it's not possible for me to click in the cockpit while i'm in the air. a clanmate noticed the same on his machine when we tried the addon in multiplayer.

thank you and all involved for your great work on this baby :)

regards

moerderhoschi

Confirmed. I've also noticed that clickable area shfits when plane speeds up. Overall great addon.

Edited by PawelKPL

I had a bi of trouble myself, try aiming slightly above the green targeting boxes, it works for me. If you still cant, then only Peral can help you ;)

Thanks for the help bro...

Still having a problem with getting a solid lock on... Peral can you add anything to help me out?

@Pearl Is there a init command to disable the complex startup?

I appreciate the work you've done but in my opinion the system doesn't add anything to my personal experience and if I wanted to spend 5 minutes starting up I would start up DCS world, with Arma I prefer the experience your aircraft provides in the air, not the ground :)

@LSD read your pm's I will try to explain you everything :>

why does it have to be pm, a lot of people have this problem as well, just post it. DUH

I also noticed the oxygen lever twisting sideways a bit when turned on but thats no big deal :)

Very Good Job Peral! Keep it up! *

A-10C Gunrun´s

Edited by Dusty533

Do you plan on adding a working LITENING targeting pod for target acquisition and laser targeting for the GBU vartiants and also a separate Targeting camera for the AGM-65 or similar missiles as it is done in DCS because if so, That would make my day.

Also on the topic of CCRP/CCIP will that be for the Cannon, the Bombs, or both; And with bombs will you be able to manually switch between CCRP/CCIP or will it be done as it was in the ACE mod for ArmA 2.

Is it possible to change the action key from 20? Seems to conflict with ALiVE's action key :(

I dont hear any of the cockpit sounds (buttons switches landing gear canopy and apu) even though the rest pf the A-10C sounds are fine (engine weapons and all)

Same here, mainly just the missle warning sounds we need :) Others can be WIP for now. Anyone else with the 'no sound' issue? Cheers.

Anyone else with the 'no sound' issue? Cheers.

Witch Sound issue? If you have no sound turn on the radio sound in the options.... i did that and it works

Yea I tried that, all rest are pretty much minimum but turned radio to 50% and I hear the stall warning (I think it was that) once but then no system/voice sounds after that at all inside the cockpit.

EDIT: Working now! Must have needed a restart. I just went back in to double check the sounds and they were all working. Ta.

EDIT2: Grr, ok all other sounds are working (and loud haha) now but the missle 'beep' is only in 3rd person view and it's very very faint still :(

Edited by Higgi91