nuxil

Tv Guided System

Hello Scripters!

Im releasing a small script that could make bombing more fun for you.

This is not some super realistic script/System, it's more ment for fun.

I did a system like this for ArmA1, and thought why not port the code to ArmA3. and so i did.

You can downloade the files from here.

http://www.ibattle.org/ArmAstuff/Tvs.Stratis.zip or anyohter place if it gets mirrored.

Instruction on how to install it and use it are in the readme file found in the zip file.

Ps. dont expect any updates/bugfixes etc. as i am not a very big fan of scripting in ArmA.

Anyway. Enjoy the bombing :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

This is Fantastic nuxil!!! I have been chasing boats down all afternoon! :thanx: ~ :dancered:

There are TV guided missiles like Spike. It can be installed in vehicles, helicopter or carried by soldiers. A Javelin missile with a TV will do the same job.

Shoot a TV guided missile is more difficult than lock and shoot. It is more flexible because it can be fired against armored, buildings and helicopters.

Spike missiles:

Edited by G-LOC

Thanks, I use your system in Arma2 -

small reduction of a script, with preservation of calculations - vector.sqf

private "_a";

#define tsc(sc,n) sc ((_this select 1) select n)

#define M1(X,Y) (([[tsc(cos-,0),tsc(sin-,0),0],[-tsc(sin-,0),tsc(cos-,0),0],[0,0,1]] select X) select Y)

#define M2(X,Y) (([[1,0,0],[0,tsc(cos,1),tsc(sin,1)],[0,-tsc(sin,1),tsc(cos,1)]] select X) select Y)

_a = [[M2(0,0)*M1(0,0)+M2(0,1)*M1(1,0)+M2(0,2)*M1(2,0),M2 (0,0)*M1(0,1)+M2(0,1)*M1(1,1)+M2(0,2)*M1(2,1),M2(0 ,0)*M1(0,2)+M2(0,1)*M1(1,2)+M2(0,2)*M1(2,2)],[M2(1,0)*M1(0,0) +M2(1,1)*M1(1,0)+M2(1,2)*M1(2,0),M2(1,0)*M1(0,1)+M 2(1,1)*M1(1,1)+M2(1,2)*M1(2,1),M2(1,0)*M1(0,2)+M2( 1,1)*M1(1,2)+M2(1,2)*M1(2,2)],[M2(2,0)*M1(0,0)+M2(2,1)*M1(1,0)+M2(2,2)*M1(2,0),M2 (2,0)*M1(0,1)+M2(2,1)*M1(1,1)+M2(2,2)*M1(2,1),M2(2 ,0)*M1(0,2)+M2(2,1)*M1(1,2)+M2(2,2)*M1(2,2)]];

#define M(X,Y) ((_a select X) select Y)

#define ROL(x,y) [M(1,0)*x+M(2,0)*y,M(1,1)*x+M(2,1)*y,M(1,2)*x+M(2,2 )*y]

(_this select 0) setVectorDirAndUp [ROL(1,0),ROL(0,1)];

Im glad that you liked it. I see you did some hud changes on your Arma 2 version too :)

Thanks for the script update tho, but i'll not be updating the script package with your vector script update.

I dont play or script much in Arma 3 these days. The game is not my cup of tea|coffee.

You can take over the project and release updates if you feel like it & want to. :)

Yes, updates for Arma3 would be much appreciated. Shame you aren't playing much nuxil.

script change, for searching of one purpose in the screen center. - scanner.sqf

while {dialog} do {

scan = nearestObjects [screenToWorld [0.5,0.5],["landvehicle"],400];

if (count scan > 0 && alive (scan select 0) && (getdammage (scan select 0) < 0.98)) then {

_gs = (getposASL _this select 2)/30;

drop ["\Ca\Data\kouleSvetlo","","Billboard",1,.1,[0,0,0],[0,0,0],0,0,0,0,[_gs],[[1,0,0,90]],[0,1],0,0,"","",(scan select 0)]

};

sleep .1;

};

It only my version for my mission.

Oh boy, there has to be a way to display this on one of the jets built in monitors!

yeah too bad no one is going to work on this ... I wish I had time or knew how...

what I think is realy cool is disable arty's computer or anything that uses the computer , add this script to veh with the right ammo ... would seem fun to search and destroy with a arty tv cam ...maybe just need to add a maker so you can see were arty's shell lands.

Is it working in Apex then schmoking ?  If so how did you fix it ?

Damn, I am late here. Just wanted to give it a try but seems it doesn't work with new updates. Sh!t  :(

im sure it only needs a bit of love and care, it could work for apex.

It can be fixed by deleting the original projectile and spawning a copy of it. It's also necessary to make sure the script doesn't get called when you're using a different weapon.

In TVS\scripts\init.sqf file, you'll find the line.

_unit addEventHandler ["FIRED", {if ((player == gunner (_this select 0)) or ((player == driver (_this select 0)) and not (isPlayer gunner (_this select 0)))) then {_this spawn Nux_fnc_tvs_start;};}];

Replace it with:

_unit addEventHandler ["FIRED", { if (_this select 4 == (_this select 0 getVariable "Nux_tvs_ammo")) then {if ((player == gunner (_this select 0)) or ((player == driver (_this select 0)) and not (isPlayer gunner (_this select 0)))) then {_this spawn Nux_fnc_tvs_start;};}}];

Now TVS won't interfere with using the vehicle's other weapons.

Let's move on to copying the projectile. In TVS\scripts\tvg.sqf file you'll have this piece of code.

Nux_fnc_tvs_start = {
	private ["_unit", "_weapon", "_missile", "_validammo"];
	_unit = vehicle (_this select 0);
	_weapon = _this select 1;
	_missile = _this select 6;
	_validammo = _unit getvariable "Nux_tvs_ammo";

Replace it with 

Nux_fnc_tvs_start = {
	private ["_unit", "_weapon", "_missile", "_validammo"];
	sleep 0.5;
	_unit = vehicle (_this select 0);
	_weapon = _this select 1;
	_missile = _this select 6;
	_validammo = _unit getvariable "Nux_tvs_ammo";
	private _vectordir = vectorDir _missile;
	private _vectorup = vectorup _missile;
	private _pitchBank = _missile call BIS_fnc_getPitchBank;
	private _speed = velocityModelSpace _missile;
	private _pos = position _missile;
	deletevehicle _missile;
	_missile = _validammo createVehicle _pos;
	_missile setVectorDirAndUp [_vectorDir, _vectorUp];
	[_missile, _pitchbank select 0, 0] call BIS_fnc_setPitchBank;
	_missile setVelocityModelSpace _speed;

The missile/bomb will now be copied and the copy will be guidable. The script should function with no other changes. Tested with the current version of Arma 3 on planes and static AT turrets.

• Thanks 1