Sign in to follow this  
JakeB

"Cannot load material file" - yet path displayed is correct.

I've battled through the majority of problems with this addon solo (it's a learning experience for me) but this one has me scratching my head, and you'll hopefully see why.

The errors I'm getting are (upon trying to preview a mission with the unit placed):

Warning Message: Cannot load material file \bzly_landrover_amb\data\lr_amb_ext.rvmat.
Cannot load material file \bzly_landrover_amb\data\lr_amb_ext.rvmat

Warning Message: Cannot load material file \bzly_landrover_amb\data\lr_amb_ext_damage.rvmat.
Cannot load material file \bzly_landrover_amb\data\lr_amb_ext_damage.rvmat

Warning Message: Cannot load material file \bzly_landrover_amb\data\lr_amb_ext_destruct.rvmat.
Cannot load material file \bzly_landrover_amb\data\lr_amb_ext_destruct.rvmat

So these .rvmat files should be inside the "data" folder within "bzly_landrover_amb.pbo", as far as I understand.

Well, that's exactly where they are.

6KDUm.png

6KDwF.png

6KDxA.png

I am nonplussed. They're there, so I have no idea why it can't find or access them. I'm using BinPBO, not binarising, and *.rvmat is added to my list of files to copy directly:

6KDHo.png

have you tried removing the first \ before the whole path in your config?

No, I haven't. I've used the same syntax throughout though, and it recognises everything else with the first \. Admittedly they're the only ones in the mat array prefixed by \ - but this doesn't appear to be a problem used in the hiddenSelectionTextures array.

Trying now, anyway...

Hmmm, that seems to have fixed it. I am at a loss for words at the randomness of just what ArmA deems to be acceptable. As previously stated I've used \ before other things in my config, e.g. model path, and even in a different array so surely that can't be the reason why?

Well, I guess I don't have to understand here, just to observe. As a general rule should I not include that first \ ever?

there is no general rule when it comes to arma modding. ;)

edit:

in theory you would use \ when there is something before what comes after the \. But since your addon name is the first folder in the path the game searches for, you won't need it. All of the before is a guess anyways.

Edited by PuFu

I understand that it's not needed here, but it *shouldn't* make a difference :(

I think, perhaps, I'm too used to the unix file system, where the first / represents the root directory.

Anyway, thanks a lot PuFu. I really appreciate the help.

i have this issue with every vehicle i work on, even stock bis models. its always the damage rvmat's.

So old topic, I know, but I'm having this issue. I took out the first \ and made sure that BinPBO recognized .rvmat files, but I'm still getting the error. I'm thinking it must be related to the crash-to-desktop whenever I spawn that unit ingame.

Greetings All,

I am having a similar problem, but not with a PBO of my own. When loading the vehichle in question into the Editor, all is well except a missing texture on an MG. The error states that it cannot load the file of the "path/name", and yet a file of that name is present. That file can be openeed in PS, for example, and appears to be a valid PAA file.

Could some other machanism be causing this problem? Something amiss with the texture iteself somehow?

Help!