Sign in to follow this  
marcai

Pet Peeves of A3

I'll say in advance, this isn't the thread to talk about optimisation, 'missing' features or what have you; there are already plenty of threads for those.

A nice, civil thread where we don't have take everything as life-or-death serious would be great! ;)

This thread is for the small things. Perhaps a tree you spotted hovering slightly above the ground. Maybe a mis-spelled bit of Greek. A model with a single jagged edge showing. Perhaps a lack of ambience and 'lived in' features like tin cans inside houses. Maybe a string unused animations that you'd like to see used, or some small animations to give civilians more life? A few more varied colours and textures? Minor niggles that just get on your nerves that you would love to see fixed, and would be relatively quick to do so; the kind of stuff that could be perhaps fixed overnight in the daily Dev Branch patches.

My personal bugbear is this one texture in the Littlebird:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=224213362 :mad:

The instrument panel is beautifully hi-res and readible, but this blocky thing is always in my face detracting from it whilst piloting the Littlebird. The riveting down the side is just as bad! I can't be the only one who hates it, surely?

This is a thread I approve of!

My own bugbear at the moment is that fact that the ai walk through static objects you place in the editor like concrete barriers.

Can you 'splain that one? You don't like that you have to touch off both at the same time or that its too easy to touch them off when you meant to do something else?

Probably that a trivial action like opening a door is right below something that could mean death

Pet Peeve - Iranians' skin is too dark in the game. In 2011, they looked right, but then in 2013 BI decided to make them really dark (oh well, that's what mods are for I guess :p)

That kinda bumpy terrain that makes you decide, "Hey, I'd rather stand up and take one in the brain than scratch my tummy on that again!"

the way cars break is annoying. now that we have physX there should be a way to simulate friction in a way that all-out braking is possible including drifting caused by blocked wheels aka handbrake. it doesn't have to be totally realistic but it's just not satisfying to brake and it's also not effective.

I have got to admit, I am with Smurf, and also not being able to set up the trip wires manually like in ACE

Getting too close to a wall inside a building and getting stuck in the falling animation.

Commander view in Madrid, or lack off... When turned out commander cannot see in front as view is blocked from driver hatch also view is blocked to the right when using periscope due to engine cover.

Claymores not being claymores, all you can do is touch them off, at least it matters what direction they face (I think from basic observations).

Proper claymores would be invaluable for sniper defence + UPSMON when the enemy flank you for S&D while you're tunnel vissioned down your scope trying to blow some guys head off through the wall of a house or something (you can do that, try using a bulletcam script). I've killed a guy by shooting through the house with bulletcam on, through both walls, he was outside on the other side porch.

No animation when falling, not being able to move and change weapons, interiors of buildings, getting stuck and not really being able to move properly around in buildings, ragdolls does not feel very realisitc, how vehicles move often, damage system.

Being able to make a 360° in less than a second while being prone

Being able to see trough walls as a civilian (and as a soldier if running against them)

Crawling over rough ground causes the character to stand up, which is not very helpful trying to stay undetected

AI can spot me in pitch black, without use of NVGs or even a flashlight

AI can spot me behind a two feet thick concreate wall, and is able to single shot kill me by shooting through said wall.

AI take way too many hits. You get two driect hits on a guy, he twitches twice, turns and shoots you dead in a single shot

General feel is still clunky even after all of the imporvements in animation

Crawling over rough ground causes the character to stand up, which is not very helpful trying to stay undetected

AI can spot me in pitch black, without use of NVGs or even a flashlight

AI can spot me behind a two feet thick concreate wall, and is able to single shot kill me by shooting through said wall.

What he said.

the space invaders easteregg on opfor glove.

no, seriously. bad explosion textures/effects. i dont want hollywood, but a better fire texture, loads of dirt and smoke shouldnt be rocket science at all.

Sent from mobile

Driving a vehicle very slowly into a rock or tree nearly destroys it and I am in need of medical attenation.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

This was carried over from older games in the series, but how useless is the save system? Why can't I quit WITHOUT saving? Why have the save button disabled if all you have to do to force a save is "Save & quit" ?

Actually reminds me of one of my other gripes Crawling whilst prone seems to make the land deform around me, raising a strange lip of the world up in front of my screen as I go.

Interseting to see some other choices, I've not even notcied any of them, but a lot of them seem small enough for the devs to pick up and have a go at if they get some free time. Keep em coming!

Edited by Marcai