Sign in to follow this  
jinzor

Take On Series Idea + Armaverse

Wasn't sure whether or not to post it here, but since the Take On Helicopters subforum isn't as active, I might as well put it here.

I was wondering if there were going to be any more Take On games set within the Armaverse? Maybe in the current timeline (ArmA III; 2035)?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Armaverse_Timeline

When I played ToH, I thought the idea of just playing a civilian version of ArmA II was awesome; you heard/saw things you recognised from previous games and it just made the ArmA world feel more believable, it added another perspective to the universe. Of course, the universe back in ToH was mainly based around reality and there wasn't really anything truly unique about the world (I mean, Seattle exists IRL), but maybe this could change now that the universe is now set 21 years into the future? BI now have more creative freedom to create their own living, breathing world, or series of franchises based around a common universe to build depth and interest in BI's games (e.g. the Tom Clancy universe; some people do buy the games/novels just to keep to date with the TC universe, out of curiosity or for nostalgia of previous titles).

I believe another civilian setting during the same time frame as ArmA III (afterwards preferably, since most of BI's releases have a sequential timeline with every release) would be a great way to portray how the world has changed as described in ArmA III. The west is in major financial trouble, public unrest, an emerging east, fear of future security etc. What better way to portray these things than another civilian setting in the same universe?

Edited by Jinzor

Id rather aim in Enforce usage and more focused gameplay

Idea u posted is way too hard to be made properly (unless u want to spend all their dayz money ^^)

Id rather aim in Enforce usage and more focused gameplay

Idea u posted is way too hard to be made properly (unless u want to spend all their dayz money ^^)

What!? How is asking for the next Take On game (I bet there's going to be one, eventually) to link with ArmA III's timeline (i.e. near future stuff) going to spend ALL of their DayZ money?

Edited by Jinzor

u mentioned some game ideas (dunno why u deleted it) that are way too complex to make or are just expensive (it means, such project would need a lot of money)

I would really like to see 'Take on Tanks', it's time Steel Beasts got some competition.

if it would have simulation on toh level it wouldnt be competition for steel beasts, also id like to see something more niche, like tkom

if it would have simulation on toh level it wouldnt be competition for steel beasts

I certainly agree here, but I don't think the level of simulation fidelity for the previous Take on games should set the standard for future titles in the series.

also id like to see something more niche

Realistic tank sims are a very small niche, since the 90s I can count all the realistic tank sims on one hand.

Edited by Patrick N

u mentioned some game ideas (dunno why u deleted it) that are way too complex to make or are just expensive (it means, such project would need a lot of money)

Oh right, yeah, I thought I deleted that before your first post. Sorry about that.

If BI were to make another Take On game I would suggest:

1. Civilian Setting

- Take On: Police - Focus on better engine optimisation for urban environments (with modability, can be a platform to replace the current mods like them in ArmA II (e.g. cops & robbers servers, role-playing servers))

2. Military/Civilian Setting

- Take On: Aircraft - Includes the previous helicopter flight model but also focuses on fixed-wing. A sort of spiritual successor to Helicopters.

Edited by Jinzor