Sign in to follow this  
LtShadow

RealSound Sound Configuration - F18 by John and Saul -

Wat is up community!

Update(s)

2/20/14

Hey people, I am putting the final touches on the FA-18 sound replacement. Still waiting word on the flyby scripts, but for now I am working on finalizing the cockpit sounds. Beta 1.1 is coming! :)

Still to do:

Flyby scripts

Edit shut down sequence

2/18/14

AS OF RIGHT NOW ARMA HOLIC SEEMS TO BE DOWN (their download servers) please download the addon here; https://www.mediafire.com/?2xov0i7l168mrnr

2/7/14

Please update your config on ArmAholic or using the link above for latest version (1.01)!

Thank you!

I have recently released my first pbo sound configuration file for John and Saul's wonderful FA-18 Super hornet pack. I would love for you all to give this a try and let me know what needs changing, and what could use buffing/nerfing in terms of sound quality. I hope to add some flyby scripts, which will add a even higher amount of realism to the sound aspect of the aircraft. I do have permission from John to move forward with this project, as long as I give him the proper credit of course. :)

The plane itself is required for the sound config to work - you may also want CBA for ArmA 3.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22594

So without further a due; I present my @RealSound config for John_Spartan and Saul's F-18E/F Super hornet!

Thank you to John_Spartan for letting me release this config, I hope more people will use your aircraft now that it doesn't have the ArmA 2 jet sounds. ;)

Any admin can post this on armaholic if they so desire, or you could tell me how to issue a release post.

Thank You all for your support in this project!

-IntrepidGamer (LtShadow)

Edited by LtShadow
Update! :D

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Sounds incredible, makes the jets sound so much more threatening than they normally do xD thanks a bunch!

Sounds really good, way way better then the vanilla sounds. And I can't wait for the fly by scripts too. Calling in airstrikes using MCC is awesome!

As featured on the video; I will be adding a new "sounds" video of the F-18, as people hate the cinematic feel. I will update it on the main post, when I have completed it, as well.

Thanks all!

Enjoy!

nice! i really like this.

i wonder if you have read about the possiblity to config custom sounds now for the j.s.r.s mod... if so are you considering to support that?!

nice! i really like this.

i wonder if you have read about the possiblity to config custom sounds now for the j.s.r.s mod... if so are you considering to support that?!

Not sure what you are meaning by this; my configs are meant to just replace the default sounds of a certain aircraft. J.S.R.S. is a complete overhaul of ArmA 3's default sounds, and is not designed for one specific purpose but to overall enhance the game by making the sounds more realistic as a generalization.

I plan to get with future aircraft developers to supply you guys with the most realistic experience as possible.

Im getting a missing Event handler when i use this for some reason. Any reason why this might be? The error is very vague.

Im getting a missing Event handler when i use this for some reason. Any reason why this might be? The error is very vague.

You are using this with CBA right? Foxhound included a link on the ArmAholic page.

You are using this with CBA right? Foxhound included a link on the ArmAholic page.

I am, and I have a event handler error as well. I'll try getting a screen shot for you next time I load up ArmA.

Have you finally decided to go straight? Last I checked you still had download links up on facebook for your illegal A3 version of Myke's F-16, and probably others.

Not sure what you are meaning by this; my configs are meant to just replace the default sounds of a certain aircraft. J.S.R.S. is a complete overhaul of ArmA 3's default sounds, and is not designed for one specific purpose but to overall enhance the game by making the sounds more realistic as a generalization.

I plan to get with future aircraft developers to supply you guys with the most realistic experience as possible.

Yeah never mind! just saw that on armaholic yesterday without reading it carefully... it's more meant for gunsounds to use the j.s.r.s script not so much for vehicles though

at this early stage sounds really good. I tried to get it working last night but i was under the gun on time so i didnt actually get to mess around with it. Just watching the video, however, raises some questions.

Will there be variable sounds for the aircraft at different speeds? I.E. supersonic as in

and LINK obviously this is just my wish list but I am more than willing to help in any way I can. (not a sound guy but help and feedback with testing can be done)

Its an awesome model but lacking in the sound department and i think you are on the right track keep it up

-

What illegal versions? Can we get some proof before you blast him?

Before I knew better; I was "illegally" porting and editing content for arma 3. (Without authors permission) It has all changed now; the other developers (Matt) is unreachable right now as he is the one who was working on the F-16 (illegal port) and the Tornado. As for the errors that are on going; I am at work right now and will take a closer look when I get back to my computer. As for sounds; there are really arma engine limiting sounds, meaning I can only have a few for the aircraft and the rest scripted... I would love to implement a Doppler effect, and the sonic boom script I have. I just need the time and help. :). Thanks guys.

I would appreciate some sample videos. The cinematic trailer only has music :P

Not getting any aircraft sound other then engine switching on/off and weapons.

Running @RealSounds from PwS with dependencies @CBA and @F18 loaded.

Incidentally, was it intentionally to not apply the sounds to John and Saul's existing model/classname, but create a new one beside it labelled @RW - so every mission needs to have the aircraft swapped out, and then won't work if any client isn't running the sound mod?

Would it not be better having this as a client side mod like sound mods such as @JSRS and @SOS, so it's optional to have the client running it, but wont break any missions if you are not running it.

We've been hoping for RealSound aircraft mods for Arma3 since finding a load of videos on Youtube you made during the Alpha/Beta. Hope you can get this sorted and release more!

Not getting any aircraft sound other then engine switching on/off and weapons.

Running @RealSounds from PwS with dependencies @CBA and @F18 loaded.

Incidentally, was it intentionally to not apply the sounds to John and Saul's existing model/classname, but create a new one beside it labelled @RW - so every mission needs to have the aircraft swapped out, and then won't work if any client isn't running the sound mod?

Would it not be better having this as a client side mod like sound mods such as @JSRS and @SOS, so it's optional to have the client running it, but wont break any missions if you are not running it.

We've been hoping for RealSound aircraft mods for Arma3 since finding a load of videos on Youtube you made during the Alpha/Beta. Hope you can get this sorted and release more!

I would have to test this out myself, as I forget to mention you need to use the aircraft labeled with the [@RS] tags beside it. I tried to avoid replacing the actual unit file, as thus it works better. I hope I can get it resolved soon!

Thank you for all the bug reports--

I'm working on a hotfix, which should eliminate some Eventhandler issues people seem to be having...

Stay tuned....

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:23 ----------

There has been an update! see the new change log here; http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24551

Just downloaded the version off Six, labelled 1.1 and I'm getting no sound. Regular sound with the normal unit names and the ones dubbed @RS are just silent as the grave.

I downloaded the updated version off of Play WithSix and i no longer have the Event handle error but i still have absolutely no sound. Im using CBA and everything so i dont know what is causing this clash.

Just downloaded the version off Six, labelled 1.1 and I'm getting no sound. Regular sound with the normal unit names and the ones dubbed @RS are just silent as the grave.
I downloaded the updated version off of Play WithSix and i no longer have the Event handle error but i still have absolutely no sound. Im using CBA and everything so i dont know what is causing this clash.

Any chance you can give me both of your arma 3 .rpf files (error logs) in your %appdata% under Local -- then ArmA 3. Also, try putting my .pbo in with the F-18 pbo.