Sign in to follow this  
alexharvey52

Call a mission script from an addon

I have an addon that is currently hardcoded to set the default gear you get when you spawn in. It is just a list of variables setting the players gear. However what I want to do is get this default gear data from the mission.

Is it possible to direct the gear script to a script that is in the mission folder and run the mission gear script instead? Yes this would mean that for the default gear script to work in the addon a gear script must be in the mission.

Its hard to explain so I hope I have explained it enough for somebody to understand. Is it possible and how would I go about doing it?

Thanks

Can't you just have a variable for mission makers to set to true / false if they want your script or not ?

Can't you just have a variable for mission makers to set to true / false if they want your script or not ?

I am the only one that will be using this script. I just need to define different loadouts via the add on script for each different mission. The loadout script must be called from the add on.

What's stopping you from having the loadout script in the mission?

What's stopping you from having the loadout script in the mission?

Its hard to explain but it needs to be launched from the addon pbo. Can I #include a script from the current mission file>