Sign in to follow this  
raynor_d

Arma 3 Mod Preset Launcher

Hey tpw, thanks for the feedback.

Wow, that is very odd. I can't say I'm able to replicate that. And during testing, I make sure to test a vanilla profile to be sure it does what I expect.

A couple questions to help me figure out what's going on if you wouldn't mind:

Do you have .NET framework 4.0 installed? (in addition to any older or newer versions)

Does creating a few more modded presets and then remaking a vanilla preset fix it?

Hey tpw, thanks for the feedback.

Wow, that is very odd. I can't say I'm able to replicate that. And during testing, I make sure to test a vanilla profile to be sure it does what I expect.

A couple questions to help me figure out what's going on if you wouldn't mind:

Do you have .NET framework 4.0 installed? (in addition to any older or newer versions)

Does creating a few more modded presets and then remaking a vanilla preset fix it?

Thanks for the reply mate.

Using .Net 4.5.1, that's the only one I have.

I've tried deleting the vanilla profile and creating another one after my modded presets, same deal.

I'm on Win7, 64 bit, in case that matters.

After doing some research, I'm betting it has to do with the different .NET framework version. 4.5 actually replaces 4.0, instead of being side-by-side like previous versions, and that's caused a lot of issues just like this one, and a huge uproar in the dev community. And since I don't have access to Visual Studio 2012, I can't develop for .NET 4.5. Microsoft marketing at its best. I guess my .NET 4.5 users will just have to live with the workaround of creating an empty modfolder (@Vanilla and @Vanilla/addons) to play vanilla. :( I have another version in the works with a couple small features, so you can see if it somehow gets fixed in that version, though I haven't made any changes to the listview code, so it's doubtful.

I really like your Launcher, but is it possible to add a new line, where you can add custom parameters?

If you do not know what I mean:

580b215422.png

Heh, can't believe I hadn't thought of that, thanks. Yep, that will definitely be in the next version. Should have some time soon to work on it.

Could you add in the new bandwidth algorithm setting?

-bandwidthAlg=2

Raynor_D,

The update today has seemingly completely "f'd" the launcher. Is there any chance that you will write a work around to get this working again. I'm not sure I will ever bother going through all the steps necessary to launch this game with the steam launcher, as I use several (lots) of addons.

Thank you,

Fire

Raynor_D,

The update today has seemingly completely "f'd" the launcher. Is there any chance that you will write a work around to get this working again. I'm not sure I will ever bother going through all the steps necessary to launch this game with the steam launcher, as I use several (lots) of addons.

Thank you,

Fire

This is true, the mod preset launcher launches up the ArmA III launcher instead of the game's executable.

Go to Options > Uncheck "Run through Steam". That will run the exe directly. I'll make that the default in the next version and remove the option.

Also, thanks for the feedback about the additional parameters, I'll look at adding them.

Edited by Raynor_D

Raynor_D,

Thank you, I didn't dig into the menus, I only feared the worst. Works perfectly again.

Without question this is one of the best addons for ARMA. Fast - Clean - Efficient

Thank you again,

Fire

Raynor, are you planning to update the launcher with the option to use new Arma3battleye.exe instead of the regular executable (when not running through Steam)?

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, I have 1.2.3 in the works to address the changes to launching with battleye, which will also include the other requested parameters. I'm getting close, but I'm getting very busy with job stuff, so I may not have time to complete the update for a while.

Raynor, 

This time I've allowed my computer to update to Win10, and I believe that there is an issue with the launcher and Win10.

Everything seems to be pointing to the correct folders, but the launcher doesn't seem to want to launch arma. It gives a blue "thinking" symbol, but nothing comes of it.

Thanks,

Fire

Quick update for anyone that still uses this. As you've probably guessed from my absence, I'm officially stopping development, and more, I recommend everyone switch over to the vanilla launcher at this point, as I have.

My launcher was meant as a stopgap until if and when the BIS launcher matured. Not only has that happened, but it has many more features and options than I could possibly add to mine, like workshop support, and has great features still to come mentioned in the dev notes. So thanks for your guys' support in developing my launcher, it was a great learning experience, and a huge thank you to Bohemia for spending some quality time (believe me I know) to give us a great launcher.