Sign in to follow this  
GDent

How can we disable enemies showing on the map?

Still trying to figure this one out.

It ruins PvP missions when players can see where the enemy team is on the map because of some weird auto-spot thing going on. We only want to know where our own team is, or at least just our personal position. If I disable "map" in the server settings, it doesn't show any players on the map, friendly, self, or otherwise. Yet I can still hit the player position button a the top and it'll pan to a nonexistent marker.

What are your ideas?

as an aside, how can we disable the distance showing when you shift+click on the map to set a personal waypoint? it's awful when everyone has effectively a perfect rangefinder. both of these problems are like cheating.

Thank you!

Hello,

tried to disable "auto spotting"?

Autospot determines whether or not you hear AI radio chatter.

He is looking for Extended Map Info. Disable Extended Map Info and units/players will not appear on the map. If you want only one side to appear to the client, you'll have to implement a unit/player tracker script.

If you want to do this on a server, you'll have to pull an Arma3Profile and drop it into the servers arma3profile, and set 'ExtendedMapInfo=0'

I could have sworn we could have only friendly units showing up in Arma 2. I could always see my position and orientation along with friendly units near me. Can't I do this in Arma 3?

Sorry for the double-post, but is there a quick mod that disables enemy reveal or something? that seems to be what's causing this, maybe.

No, this is not what I'm looking for. I have already set map=0 in the difficult settings, but it disables all map markers. I want the player markers to stay, but I don't want any enemy markers on the map. I did mention this in my original post.

Enemy tag has to do with the mouse going over the enemy and showing his name, not with him showing on the map.

I wonder if some of the guys giving me these suggestions have actually tried it themselves

You're probably right. I did find a way to fix it, but it involves telling everyone in my group to unbind their "reveal target" control, which is a huge hassle. I wish I knew how to mod the game, because I believe ACE did it automatically

Yeah just wait for ACE for A3 :) There are scripts/mods out there that will do what you want (VK markers is the one I've used) but yeah having players change a setting will never happen :p

Please. This has been addressed three times in this thread already. The enemies disappear, but so do the players. I want the players to stay.

We will turn off extended info and use GPSes most likely.

We have enemies off but friendlies displayed on our server. It also shows every players name and units with different icons. Usernames are also displayed when someone puts a message on the map, pretty handy. There's a script that allows this, check the BECTI Zerty map for info on it.

I can't find the individual script you're talking about, just a CTI gamemode. It sounds like the only way to fix this is through a per-mission script. We only run private missions on my server, but using a script might be the best solution for now.

So. In SP I can dissable markers on senemy eparately from friendly markes, and set friendly markes enable. But how do the same in MP? There is only one option for mapContent = 0 or 1:( enable ALL markers and dissable ALL)

Found the solution

just  delete string "mapContent" in your settings!

and place   new strings:

mapContentEnemy=0 (no enemy on the map)

mapContentFriendly=1 (friendlys on the map)

mapContentMines=1  (mines on the map)

---