Sign in to follow this  
Trajan

Setting Vehicle Speeds Via Custom Controls

Hey guys I was wondering how I can set a similar button like Q and E for (Slow and Fast) but with different speeds so something slower than slow etc.

I noticed this in the Arma3Profile and figured this is where you would set them but I am unsure how or if it is possible?

keyCarForward[]={17,200};

keyCarBack[]={31,208};

keyCarFastForward[]={18,704643089};

keyCarSlowForward[]={16};

keyCarSoftBrake[]={};

keyCarBrake[]={};

keyCarHandBrake[]={45};

keyCarAccelerate[]={};

keyCarGearUp[]={};

keyCarGearDwn[]={};

keyCarShiftFwd1[]={};

keyCarShiftFwd2[]={};

keyCarShiftFwd3[]={};

keyCarShiftFwd4[]={};

keyCarShiftFwd5[]={};

keyCarShiftFwd6[]={};

keyCarShiftFwd7[]={};

keyCarShiftFwd8[]={};

keyCarShiftRvs1[]={};

keyCarShiftRvs2[]={};

Don't think it's possible with a keyboard.

Using the PS3 sixaxis controller I can use the thumbsticks to adjust the speed.

No idea how to do this with a regular keyboard.

Don't think it's possible with a keyboard.

Using the PS3 sixaxis controller I can use the thumbsticks to adjust the speed.

No idea how to do this with a regular keyboard.

How does that work exactly? I know that there are two rates of acceleration and two for deceleration. In the past I have used XPadder to bind my XBone controller's analog sticks to these controls. It worked but it wasn't true analog support. Hard pressing on the analog sticks would only change the mode: toggling instead of easing faster or slower like a real vehicle would. For me, it was still essentially the same thing as holding shift on the keyboard. Perhaps I could have created a macro that spammed the shift key, altering the speed depending on analog stick position.

I was wanting to do this, also, but for a cruise control script.

My logic was that you bind a key that when it is held, increases the target's velocity by X every frame that the key is held. X being whatever factor you want to accelerate at.

IE: The only way to do what you want is through scripting.

Edited by TheCoolSideofthePillow

IE: The only way to do what you want is through scripting.

Doesn't have the exact functionality you have detailed (mainly because I'm lazy and really bad about updating content), but here is my cruise control script:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184630-A3-Cruise-Control-Script

Your more than welcome to alter it to fit into the functionality that your going for (with proper credits to the original author and myself of course :)).

Doesn't have the exact functionality you have detailed (mainly because I'm lazy and really bad about updating content), but here is my cruise control script:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184630-A3-Cruise-Control-Script

Your more than welcome to alter it to fit into the functionality that your going for (with proper credits to the original author and myself of course :)).

Is there a special reason why cruise control can't be activated under 30 km/h? Because the only purpose (for me) for such a script, is to be able to drive 5km/h to keep up with infantry.

It was more for the realistic aspect of it, because at least for me, my vehicle (real life) won't cruise if your going too slow, because there aren't enough RPMs (or whatever, not really a car guy) to keep the engine at a stable, cruising level, but like I said your more than welcome to change it :).

Edited by JShock