Sign in to follow this  
GReeves

Insurgency

Actually latest patches seem to come out really good for Coop gameplay. Had a blast playing few "Hardcore Coop" rounds lately.

You know there's plenty of epic shit in the Workshop, right?

Remember to grab this for most of the essentials: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=343403595 (GFX update for INS)

And there's also that other essential You need for the optimal experience: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=434782537

Sadly the soundpack thingy requires You to put snd_restart command into console or the game config's line, but it's worth it - think these can make every audiophile really goddamn wet. My The collection and this soundpack makes a great couple. Have fun and let me know if You like it :)

Can somebody explain me why Insurgency is considered a TACTICAL shooter? From what I’ve experienced it is arcade as hell. And I’m not talking about people I played with, I’m talking about how the game actually plays and feels. With right people you can play lets say Bad Company 2 really tactically. Insurgency’s pace is way too high, soldier’s movements cartoonish, too much depends on pure reflexes rather than on decisions and planning. So it’s basically run-and-gun casual business minus HUD minus hit markers plus a little bit longer gun reload time. SWAT4 is a tactical shooter. ArmA is a tactical shooter. Verdun is way more tactical and intense. The opinion that Insurgency is “one of the most realistic combat representation out there†is very popular, which causes really intense facepalm. It is just fun decent arcade game. My personal wish – please, slow the goddamm pace :( This game should be called “Usain Bolt clones fighting in Sinjarâ€.

It is basically a better looking counter stroke In my opinion.... Some could argue you have to learn tactics for those games, but reflexes do help yes.