Sign in to follow this  
SERE

Max airspeed capped by the engine?

I'm trying to find a way to modify a mod already released before I start making my own assets for a jet mod but it doesn't seem to matter what values I edit, I can't fly faster than 1350km/h.

Is there a speed cap in the engine that limits maximum air speed?

I have gone over this with a script I made, But after a certain speed, it is uncontrollable.

Do we have anyone actually knowledgable on the subject able to say whether or not there is a speed cap?

I know there is no height cap: I've been dancing around at 21 kilometers and was fine! \o/

That's not my question though, I'm asking about speed/friction and if there's something hardcoded into the engine that makes it exponentially harder to go faster as you pass beyond 1000km/h

Similairly there seems to be an acceleration cap

Doesn't matter if you set it to 200 or 200000000000, you'll still be accelerating just as fast

Lol You Mean That 1350km/h is not fast enough?

What are you flying ???

Try Making A speed limiter script for that vehicle, but in the script make the speed limit like 2350km/h to see if that works ( It might )

You Could also try use arma 3 tools and import the vehicle model and see if you can edit the handling that way.

I'm not sure about the gaming engine limiting speed to 1350km/h ?

Although I honestly don't see why on earth your would need to go faster than this, try the above it may help.

Good luck,

Stephen