falcos

AppleGate Community Project WIP

am not too sure how A3L are using the map if they have replaced a lot of the models and trees I know that they have some people in their team that do map making. as for more mods yes if you want to use it yeah then id use http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23863 as this will give you base addons from them map that it needs such as trees and roads builds that from A2 as this map is original made for A2.

am not too sure how A3L are using the map if they have replaced a lot of the models and trees I know that they have some people in their team that do map making. as for more mods yes if you want to use it yeah then id use http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23863 as this will give you base addons from them map that it needs such as trees and roads builds that from A2 as this map is original made for A2.

I can't stop thanking you for releasing this project, this is why I decided to learn map-making :)

I am the map developer for A3L by the way

the End goal is to have a map the hole ArmA community can use to play on. but the other goal was to help people get into map making and over all ArmA model making.

the End goal is to have a map the hole ArmA community can use to play on. but the other goal was to help people get into map making and over all ArmA model making.

I installed the mod correctly (I think) and when I have gone ingame the map looks somewhat like this in the terrain (I placed my own trees as an comparison)

---------- Post added at 06:37 ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 ----------

http://m.imgur.com/3Soi7Gg

---------- Post added at 06:58 ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 ----------

Wait so I need A3MP installed first or can I install it now after I have installed @e76 (the map) already? I just drag the A3MP in make sure it's enabled with map and editor and see difference? I'll be using this on a server; do I have to add A3MP to my server files as well?

Thanks for help lad.

Yeah you will have to added as the map is made for A2 and use's alot of A2 content, you can add it be for or after you add the @e76 pack.

Also guys am still working on this map and wont be long till a standalone version is out just taking a bit longer then thought but for now you can use the A3MP pack to get it working.

How am I meant to import this map into the terrain editor?

I'm having difficulties as it keeps giving me errors or crashes when I import the map, thanks.

Hey can you also help.

Tried to add this to my server but it doesn't work at all. Is thre anything else needed for use on a server? I don't see a "keys" folder..

How am I meant to import this map into the terrain editor?

I'm having difficulties as it keeps giving me errors or crashes when I import the map, thanks.

same here, Terrain Builder crashes... I'm currently using Visitor. Anyone have a Idea how to fix the unfinished buildings? I saw in some videos (for example arma3life) they have fixed it.

Hey Falcos,

I've checked out all of the other communities website links there supposedly using Applegate. It seems that all of their websites and either no longer existent or belong to someone else now (besides A3L, they are still using it).

Foxhound Gaming is still using Applegate as our Arma 2 Island Life Map and as we move forward in the development of Arma 3 Island Life we are considering using it for that as well, but I'm hesitant because of A3L using it. What are your thoughts on that? I don't want to seem as if I'm "copying" them; however, it is a fantastic map and I've been using it for quite a while now.

Hey Falcos,

I've checked out all of the other communities website links there supposedly using Applegate. It seems that all of their websites and either no longer existent or belong to someone else now (besides A3L, they are still using it).

Foxhound Gaming is still using Applegate as our Arma 2 Island Life Map and as we move forward in the development of Arma 3 Island Life we are considering using it for that as well, but I'm hesitant because of A3L using it. What are your thoughts on that? I don't want to seem as if I'm "copying" them; however, it is a fantastic map and I've been using it for quite a while now.

Our version was heavily modified, I can't see any problems if you start developing from this released version like I did

as Schultzit said there is a heavily modified and that was the main point of this post is for you to try and learn to make a map with a template and do your own version all I ask is if you finish it please let other people have the map by putting it on Armaholic or here so many can benefit from it. I don't see any issue with people who are from RPG's or Mil-sims community's using the same map if anything it give the map better view and bis may even look at it and make map like it or better.

Unless I state its for this community only! which I will never do as I believe in open source and helping teach people so any and all can use it to make something better.

So I am wanting to port it over but I don't have like an xyz file for the terrain and I'm not all the familiar with pew files so any pointers?

EDIT: I believe I found the wrp from Opteryx so I should be fine.

Edited by OfficerJR

I hate to necropost, but are we allowed to use the assets in custom maps?

So I wanted to use the "Roads" & the "Concrete" for my map. Well when I downloaded Roads I then exported it and packed it. Once I did that I then started xCam and I only had a few things to chose from witch was some barrels, Road smoother, Traffic lights and some other stuff but not the Roads or the Concrete. Does anyone know how to help me with this problem?

@Scorch_052 Yes you may use the content to make a new map and I hope learn from it if you wish all I ask is that you credit the content to E76 that is used in making your map. Hope that helps answer you.

@frostb1te198 I do not use xCam so am not sure how that tool works in finding the content for roads and such sorry.

Hi Guys,

Is it just me, or is this map locked so it can't be edited?

very sorry guys been out of touch with A3 very sorry Dropbox shut down that account am uploading them now re add them to the page for people to use.

Links been added for people to use.

Hey, I love this map! but I would be grateful if you could post an installation tutorial so I know where to put all these files.

I have played a lot on this map and i know that there is an invisible wall on the bridge west of Lakeside (right beside the town on the left when you are bypassing the town). Can this be fixed?

How would i get this version into a3, i don't want schultz's version just want this too work on before i leave in 10 days :)