cimalex

[SP/@] The Troubles Part.1 (RWO)

[sP/@] The Troubles Part.1 (RWO)

The Troubles, a mission for CWR/BAF expansion and Bush' Carrahigdubh terrain - UPDATED TO V.1.02 !

Inspired by: Several sources, TV movies, books and Wikipedia.en

Required Addons

CWR2

BAF Expansion

NL expansion

IRA rebels (By Col. Stagler)

Carraigdubh geotypical terrain

@CBA

Mission download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zvdp265pyi8dpvr/BAF_CWR2_The_TroublesPt1_v102.7z

Overview:

This mission is fictional but based on real events, will depict the little but intense fightings between IRA and british security forces during the period called "The Troubles" in Northern Ireland.

Lacking a proper North Ireland map I opted for Carraigdubh geotypical terrain, while addons like those on CWR2 were the best available for british troops and equipment.

The only good looking IRA chaps are those from Col Stagler.

The following roles are covered in version 1.02:

3-Para Officer

Future missions are planned to feature:

-Paratrooper private

-Regular Infantry officer or NCO

-Policeman (RUC)

At tis stage I am open to suggestions about missions, and if somebody wants to throw in a mission himself, I would really appreciate some cooperation and constructive criticism.

Preview image:

Troubles_overviewPicture_zps365bd7e5.jpg

Known Issues:

First version of the mission have several issue and must be replaced with this one.

It's possible that due to geometry in Carraigdubh terrain roads, the little convoy (a Land Rover plus a Bedford) get stuck or goes offraoad at certain stage of the mission, if this is the case, just restart the mission.

The final part of the mission is pretty hard, just save frequently.

Despite correct use of medical / first aid modules, if you get injured, your team maytes will ned some time to spot you and heal.

Cheers

CimaleX

Hi,

I'm getting "Error: No modelOptics"

I think this could be on my side.

Perhaps one of my addons is not up to date...........

Difficult to say when I have to use so many extra addons...

Will try to make a mission update with just:

Carraighdub, BAF, IRA...

Will let you updated asap

Hey again, could you ck out the Armaholic download link?

I keep getting "Not allowed, redirecting".

Hi Kommiekat

Now with vers.1.02 the Armaholic download link is working fine.

Will update a version with only BAF and not CWR issues, as well as an ACE version.

Enjoy!

I played it last night, the story is a little over the top, but the scripting is really good.

Im trying to make a troubles themed mission too, so there is a lot to learn from you here.

Edited by miraoister

just finished it, nice mission. this was my very first CWR-based mission, i didn't use that addon before. looking forward to the other parts.

Just tried this mission, and it is a worthy RWO release. There is an intro which features good camera angles, and the briefing is very extensive and details the historical background. The mission is a somewhat challenging patrol mission, with some nice attention to detail, like the chap waving down the extraction helo, and plenty of radio comms. I would recommend this mission to anyone longing for a change of scenario to the countless US vs. Russians/Taliban ones. No bugs spotted.

sorry for the necrobump but I have all the latest versions of the required modules installed and I'm get the error message "picture \cwr2\expansions\cwr2_uk\data\para_beret_co.paa not found" and all of the 3 para have missing shirts/torsos.

sorry for the necrobump but I have all the latest versions of the required modules installed and I'm get the error message "picture \cwr2\expansions\cwr2_uk\data\para_beret_co.paa not found" and all of the 3 para have missing shirts/torsos.

Based on what I see you either don't have the addon installed correctly or it is not loading at startup.

One outside chance is your version has changed substantially since the mission was made.

edit: I just confirmed the later.

You need to use "Cold-War-Rearmed2-British-Armed-Forces-Expansion-v110.rar" or an earlier version.

"Cold-War-Rearmed2-British-Armed-Forces-Expansion-version-110116.zip" seems to be configured differently than past versions.