Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

Where is the A3 servers? 100 + Altis Life RPG servers found.

I was going to play Basic A3 game yesterday.

I loaded up Play withSIX and did not find any servers with basic A3 game. Well I did but there where 5 -10 servers of them and not many players at all. Almost empty.

I start wonder, how come and what is going on!?

I started to count all the servers that had players on and there where alot of player playing " Altis Life RPG ".

I counted 100 + servers that where in the top of the server list.

WTF... happend to Arma 3 the game?

I mean you buy a game, you think you will find servers runing the game, and insted you find a new game with in your game that is not the game you wanted to play.:butbut:

What have BIS done wrong because so many players dont want to play there game, and what have Altis Life RPG done correct because all want to play there mod for A3?

Same thing happend to A2 but that was Dayz. And still if I check A2 for game server I find MORE players playing A2 basic game or some mods that is making A2 better.

Somthing is not right here with Arma 3. But what I can not say. I cant play the game I want to play any more.

Am I going crazy here, am I in Alice in wonderland drinking tea?:nervous:

BIS? Please any one?

I dont know if this i the correct Forum General for this post so just move this post if I post it wrong.

Edited by Mr Pedersen

Tier1ops public is allways vanilla and coop oriented, and I guess there are still alot of king of the hill servers around. Know what to look for.

Tier1ops public is allways vanilla and coop oriented, and I guess there are still alot of king of the hill servers around. Know what to look for.

yes, well still that is just in the 5 -10 servers that is hosting A3 game. The rest is 100+ Altis Life RPG.

You see the problem, if you could call it a problem. I dont know. Still it is not 100 + Arma 3 game servers.

More players are playing basic Arma 2 then basic Arma 3.

You see my point here?

It like me buying Battlefield 4 or Call of Duty and when I want to play it I only find Super Mario & Minecraft servers.

Why do you need 100+ servers?

Find one that you like and stick to it.

No matter if you like it or not, Wasteland and Altis life are still missions made for ArmA 3.

Edited by Grumpy Old Man

True, but do you get my point?

Is there a filter to tun off server to show up in playwith six list when browsing for other servers then RPG Altis life.

People with a lot of influence like FrankieIn1080p, other people on YouTube and streamers have started playing these life game modes. That is why there is a sudden population increase for these servers. Just like when the Dayz mod was starting out. Only I doubt these life game modes will go as far as Dayz did.

People with a lot of influence like FrankieIn1080p, other people on YouTube and streamers have started playing these life game modes. That is why there is a sudden population increase for these servers. Just like when the Dayz mod was starting out. Only I doubt these life game modes will go as far as Dayz did.

These life servers have been around for quite awhile. Couple years before DayZ in fact.

they should add the army to Altis life. arma would finally be a full simulation. want to play milsim? go to the Altis recruitment bureau and fill out the form and do the tests. if you are capable for duty you'll get shipped. if not, bad luck ;)

Oh my god the responses here are making me facepalm.

Hes not complaining about there being too many Altis Life server, hes complaining because he ONLY SEES altis life servers in his filter.

Personally, I don't have any experience with PlayWithSix on ArmA 3, so I can't help you with that. But I can assure you there are many, many more servers out there with players on them, I would just use the default ArmA 3 server browser

Let me get this right Im not against altis life!! I support them, and players love there mod.

I just wonder wtf happend to A3 it self and why the game it self is not that popular as all the other mod? Wastland, altis life.

More players are playing Arma 2 war simulator then A3. So what did they do wrong you can ask, if you think they did anything wrong at all.

Me personal think that there " Sci-fi" stuff is there down fall. I did not even know it was future until I started to play. I wanted Present army stuff like from A2.

If they going future Sci-fi they should go all in as in Battlefied 2142 where you really get sci-fi.

And the AI in A3 is worse then it was in A2, infact the AI is even better then the A3 AI. I think the A3 AI cant handel all information and make correct action so they end up just stand there like a flagpole.

Well A3 will get better I belive specially with mods coming along. But for now its so wired you want to play the game and only find 5 - 10 servers the rest i over 100 altis life server spamming the server browser. I dont want to see altis life in my server browser list, how good that mod may be. :)

These life servers have been around for quite awhile. Couple years before DayZ in fact.

Yes but they have recently risen in popularity due to many Dayz streamers and youtubers who now are playing and steaming life missions in Arma 3.

PvE game modes:

Struggling with the weight of the AI on the CPU.

TvT game modes:

Still sorting itself out. There are some good TvT game modes that haven't gained Pub traction quite yet.

Most of the popular Co-op missions at the moment are ports from A2. Plenty of the great coders decided to focus on Wasteland/Life/DayZ for whatever reason, so Co-op hasn't gotten much love.

Still waiting for a server that cycles through a few good 30-50 player storylined co-op missions.

---

It is hard to say where lies the future of A3 public missions.

Will the PvPers get bored of A3 and seek more competitive games?

Will co-op die out due to the boredom of shooting at AI?

Maybe some A2 vets can answer such questions.

Personally I don't play A3 for the RPG/PvP experience, but most do, as indicated by server pop.

" Will co-op die out due to the boredom of shooting at AI? "

I got borded in 5 min, the A3 AI where more stupied then Operation Flash point days. Now we talking 10 years back or more.

Or you get headshotted from 2000 meters from AI with a pistol.

I would like to see all present day weapons etc... in a mod for A3. Put all those new fine mods in to one big 2014 warmod or what ever. For example the new aircrafts F18 Su flanker, All the new solder skins from todays real life.

I dont want Sci-Fi stuff. But thats maby only me. Others LOOOOOVE the Sci-Fi A3 stuff. Can I have my Huey and AK47 back plz ;)

I'm wondering, where exactly is the Sci-Fi stuff in ArmA 3 you're talking about?

Nearly all vehicles/weapons are already in use in todays military like the strider (fennek), the hunter (oshkosh a-mtv) or the ifrit (okr bumerang) or at least are planned for the near future.

For this discussion to have any meaning, you are going to have to define what you think "basic Arma 3" is. You referenced BF4 and CoD, but Arma 3 does not have any hard-coded game modes like they do. If you feel that there needs to be a specific type of gameplay available, then create the mission and share it.

Personally, I enjoy Invade & Annex or some variant of Insurgency for PvE, and Tactical Battlefield for PvP.

I was going to play Basic A3 game yesterday.

I loaded up Play withSIX and did not find any servers with basic A3 game. Well I did but there where 5 -10 servers of them and not many players at all. Almost empty.

I start wonder, how come and what is going on!?

I started to count all the servers that had players on and there where alot of player playing " Altis Life RPG ".

I counted 100 + servers that where in the top of the server list.

WTF... happend to Arma 3 the game?

I mean you buy a game, you think you will find servers runing the game, and insted you find a new game with in your game that is not the game you wanted to play.:butbut:

What have BIS done wrong because so many players dont want to play there game, and what have Altis Life RPG done correct because all want to play there mod for A3?

Same thing happend to A2 but that was Dayz. And still if I check A2 for game server I find MORE players playing A2 basic game or some mods that is making A2 better.

Somthing is not right here with Arma 3. But what I can not say. I cant play the game I want to play any more.

Am I going crazy here, am I in Alice in wonderland drinking tea?:nervous:

BIS? Please any one?

I dont know if this i the correct Forum General for this post so just move this post if I post it wrong.

Let me get this right Im not against altis life!! I support them, and players love there mod.

I just wonder wtf happend to A3 it self and why the game it self is not that popular as all the other mod? Wastland, altis life.

More players are playing Arma 2 war simulator then A3. So what did they do wrong you can ask, if you think they did anything wrong at all.

Me personal think that there " Sci-fi" stuff is there down fall. I did not even know it was future until I started to play. I wanted Present army stuff like from A2.

If they going future Sci-fi they should go all in as in Battlefied 2142 where you really get sci-fi.

And the AI in A3 is worse then it was in A2, infact the AI is even better then the A3 AI. I think the A3 AI cant handel all information and make correct action so they end up just stand there like a flagpole.

Well A3 will get better I belive specially with mods coming along. But for now its so wired you want to play the game and only find 5 - 10 servers the rest i over 100 altis life server spamming the server browser. I dont want to see altis life in my server browser list, how good that mod may be. :)

" Will co-op die out due to the boredom of shooting at AI? "

I got borded in 5 min, the A3 AI where more stupied then Operation Flash point days. Now we talking 10 years back or more.

Or you get headshotted from 2000 meters from AI with a pistol.

I would like to see all present day weapons etc... in a mod for A3. Put all those new fine mods in to one big 2014 warmod or what ever. For example the new aircrafts F18 Su flanker, All the new solder skins from todays real life.

I dont want Sci-Fi stuff. But thats maby only me. Others LOOOOOVE the Sci-Fi A3 stuff. Can I have my Huey and AK47 back plz ;)

You have gradually gone from asking about the servers to bashing the AI to bashing the game.

Well done.

Thank you.

Well main point is that there is more Altis RPG ( very good mod) and too few Arma 3 main game servers.

How come? Mods are better then the main game its self.

What if Arma 3 main game it self had 100 + servers? And Altis Life had 5 - 10 Servers? Would Altis life be a fail then or what?

Just brows the server list and see for you self. Make you think what is Arma 3?

When Dayz got out Arma 2 went sky high in sales with super sonic speed. And serverlist was spammed with dayz server as well.

Intressting that the game it self suddenly becoming a " new " game with in the game, never know what mods that will change it.

Dont get me wrong, Arma has one of the best moding communitys! :)

Smurf mod any one?

;)

Edited by Mr Pedersen

You're confusing mods with missions.

How exactly should an "ArmA 3 Main Game Server" look like?

What makes you think that there aren't 100+ servers featuring military based missions?

I bet there's actually more servers with military themed missions than altis life and wasteland servers together.

Well main point is that there is more Altis RPG ( very good mod) and too few Arma 3 main game servers.

How come? Mods are better then the main game its self.

What if Arma 3 main game it self had 100 + servers?

Again, what is it you think the "main game" is?