Sign in to follow this  
antoineflemming

AntoineFlemming's LION OF THE CASPIAN - Mediterranean Operations Expansion Pack 1

AntoineFlemming's

jpx3.jpg

[WIP]

Required Addons: Cunico's Hidden Identity Pack, Astast's Pakol Hat, AntoineFlemming's Mediterranean Operations

Announcing the first Expansion Pack to my Mediterranean Operations addon/bundle, which features uniform, vest, and helmet reskins. Expansion Pack for an addon? Crazy, right? Well, that addon's growing too big, file size, so this will allow me to continue to make new stuff while keeping this package under 500MB (as the other one is close to that) and to shift the theme a little.

Story (in no way based on the recent, official campaign episodes)

Background:

Following the Mediterranean flashpoint in the Aegean, which has sparked a global conflict between East and West, the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation sets its sights on the Green Sea Region, otherwise known as the Caspian Sea Region, a pivotal gateway into Europe. Amid growing instability in the Republic of Karzeghistan, NATO recognizes the SCO attempt to open up a third front in the war, and deploys forces to Takistan in a desperate bid to defend Europe from SCO invasion.

Factions:

BLUFOR:

North Atlantic Treaty Organization – International Security Assistance Force

Faction info:

The forces serving as a part of NATO’s International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) are deployed across the Middle East and Green Sea regions. The contingent is a composition of elements of the US Army 7th Infantry Division (7th ID), USMC 1st Marine Division (1st MARDIV), Direct Action Element (DAE), 1st Marine Special Operations Battalion (1st MSOB); Canadian Joint Task Force 2 (JTF 2); Spanish GOE Caballero Legionario "Maderal Oleaga" XIX (GOE XIX); Australian Special Air Service Regiment (SASR); and Turkish Maroon Berets (MB).

OPFOR:

Republic of Takistan – Takistani Armed Forces

Faction info:

Following two decades of violence, Takistan enters the third decade of the 21st century as a growing Eastern republic with a pro-Taliban government and backed by the resurgent Iranian Republic. The Takistani Armed Forces receive uniforms and equipment from the Russian Federation, while taking in light arms from Iran. The Takistani Taliban provide a scapegoat for the Takistan government’s harsh suppression of pro-Western dissenters; when criticism is raised, the government attributes violence to the radical Islamist views of the Taliban. The Takistani Taliban are bolstered by the influx of Chechen fighters from nearby Dagestan.

7kf6.jpg 0jz8.jpg

kh2g.jpg uqa5.jpg

Edited by antoineflemming

Regarding BLUFOR's contingent name, do you have any alternatives in mind? The ISAF name originated from the fact that NATO were helping local friendly forces - in which case was Afghanistan's national Armed Forces. I just thought since the story says that BLUFOR are actually fighting the local forces, the entitlement Security Assistance given to the International forces is rather misleading.

Regarding BLUFOR's contingent name, do you have any alternatives in mind? The ISAF name originated from the fact that NATO were helping local friendly forces - in which case was Afghanistan's national Armed Forces. I just thought since the story says that BLUFOR are actually fighting the local forces, the entitlement Security Assistance given to the International forces is rather misleading.

Let's just say it's other players in the region that they're helping. Mainly Karzeghistan.

EDIT: I'll continue to work on this WIP, but I won't be spending as much time posting on here as usual. I need a break from these forums and from these devs. You wanna know any more, ask me via PM.

The uniforms seem good,and I really like uniforms with flag icon on it,will you also make some vests with flag icon?

The uniforms seem good,and I really like uniforms with flag icon on it,will you also make some vests with flag icon?

The CAGE plate carriers have flags; it's just that the weapons are covering them up in the pics.

WIP

78d9.jpg

MULTICAM® FAMILY OF PATTERNS

Currently got MULTICAM®, MULTICAM ARID®, and MULTICAM TROPIC® done. Not sure yet whether I'm doing the ALPINE and BLACK variants.

should do them but you pretty much already have black on the SBS dudes in your other mediterranean pack

should do them but you pretty much already have black on the SBS dudes in your other mediterranean pack

You should actually check out the Multicam Black pattern. It isn't just black. Yeah, the SBS camo looks similar, but 1) that's MTP and 2) it's blue and brown, meant as a maritime pattern. But that color scheme is kinda what I want, just for the blue to be black.

WIP: New Takistani olive uniforms + lighter skin tone replacement for Middle Eastern faces (vanilla skin tone is too dark):

3gxc.jpg

Looks very good, will there be more different factions with this expansion or will your focus be improving the Takistan AF..?

Keep up the good work :)

WIP

http://imageshack.com/a/img36/125/78d9.jpg

MULTICAM® FAMILY OF PATTERNS

Currently got MULTICAM®, MULTICAM ARID®, and MULTICAM TROPIC® done. Not sure yet whether I'm doing the ALPINE and BLACK variants.

I'm not sure about BLACK varient but I would love to see ALPINE in the game.

Taking more time with this pack. I've got all but Alpine complete. I'll work on that one next.

@Lone.Wolf - I will be focusing primarily on the Takistani Armed Forces, including aircraft and armor. Might add a Russian jet reskin of the CSAT jet and a NATO A-10D.

What will the MARSOC operators be equipped with ?

What will the MARSOC operators be equipped with ?

For now, the black MX rifles. I'm not really bringing in custom equipment. And sorry this is taking so long with few WIP updates. I've been busy.

Takistani National Police

q5fy.jpg

I love the concepts of your packs. :)

But will you still keep your current 12 man - 1 vehicle groupings or will you make some new ones? Because they are hard to work with out of the box sometimes.

Unfortunately, the project is on hold for now, for several reasons really. One of them is a waning interest in Arma 3. It's just not fun anymore to me. I really only mod for the game at this point. I'm thinking about turning the project over to someone else. Not sure yet. I'll probably cook up a release of what I've currently got. Few units, mainly uniforms, vests, headgear, pretty much what's been already shown through screenshots.

So I've turned over the project and all it's files to Nightmare515, so he'll be taking over the project and/or implementing this stuff into his own addon. I'm bowing out of the Arma 3 modding scene, and really Arma 3 in general. If I get back into it, I'll just make uniforms for use in MP.