Sign in to follow this  
slickbet

commitment to the forums....

I have come back after a time away to see what has changed and am a bit lost too. A lot has changed. But any questions I have seem to go mostly unanswered. I have made a couple posts and have not received answers to my questions from the dev's. I have posted in here and at the steam forums. It seems that whoever is moderating the forums only want to answer some questions. I know that the dev's are so very busy that it is impossible for them to support the forums that we come to for answers. But generaly, there are people who will answer for them at steam, even if they are just quessing about the answer. Can we please get more of a commitment on the forums and start answering some of the questions that have been ignored please? Faster response times would be appreciated too. Now I know someone will come back defending the dev's and the forums...but i still say you are wrong....anybody can go look at the dates of posts and the response times same as I can to see you dont have a leg to stand on. You really dont have a real good defense here guys. Please start respecting the forums!!!

But my first question is...what are you working on that keeps all the dev's so busy that they can not come to the forums at least once a week to answer the questions people post? You can look at the dates on the posts and the last time they were responded to the same as I can. Why is this? Even the easy questions do not get answers...like how do i take a screenshot?

Nobody will take the time to answer this question.

Next question is...when will the next update be incomming please? even a approximate date will be helpful. i have read that the endgame missins have been removed for the time being. Can some estimate be given for the return of this part of the game...I will assume that it will be back with the next patch unless told differently. I ask because i am to a point that i cannot seem to procede and I am not sure if this is because of the missing missions or not, so some info would be helpful here.

Dont get me wrong here...I like the game....but more attention and commitment to the forums would be real nice guys. The game is not big enough for a huge following...in fact...I dont see it ever having a huge following due to the nature of the game...you really must have an interest. But with the small community this game has and will have...you gotta understand that the forums will suffer from the get go. So a stronger commitment from the dev's is absolutly necessary to keep interest in this game alive. So please...lets make this a better place guys?

thanx for the time here.

Hi Slickbet, cheers for the heads up regarding your feelings about the forums and our input in general. Please be aware that the Take On Mars forums are generally moderated by devs only. Specifically, these are:

Dram (me) - Project Lead

Rudy - Designer

Thales - Designer

Salat - Designer

Macho - Graphic Artist

Vlad - Graphic Artist

Seb - Graphic Artist

Ander - Programmer

(Though some post more rarely than others)

This means that when we answer your questions, we are either doing it during development or in our free time. We chose this path (developers responding on the forums) intentionally so that you will get the most informed responses possible. This has a negative side effect, that being that when we are incredibly busy with something, we are less capable of answering due to time constraints (it is unfortunate the day only has 24 hours :) ), in which case please forgive us for the delayed responses, we are trying our hardest to bring you a great game, fix its bugs, and improve its functionality.

At the moment we are working on something big, and the announcement will come soon, at which point I am sure you will understand why we have had less time to dedicate to the forums. In addition to that, we have also been very busy with implementing proper mod and total conversion support (at present we've only had addon support). We are implementing a new loader which will allow you to access the Workbench editing suite (exactly what we use to make the game) as well as the FBX to TXO model converter, and also will allow you to extract all game data, making modding much easier. I hope activity with regards to modding will rise at that point, and interest will hopefully grow as well, at which point we also plan to actively support our modders in their endeavors.

I sincerely hope this addresses your concerns and ask for your understanding in these high-workload periods.