Sign in to follow this  
spectrobr

G36A1 and G36K - Arma 2 Port - with JSRS Soundpatch

Wow I really like this mod, weapons from A2 look nice in A3, particulary, animated bullets in magazine is a good realistic stuff ! good work.

Sry to say it but much better than the one in the BWMod for ARMA 3 !

Good job Spectrobr on porting , i hope you can get all the bug fixed.

Now we need quality ports/remakes like this of the M4 and Ak-47 and im happy.

Jeah there are two things about the BWMod G36 i don´t like.

1. Low Poly (wich will get better in time for sure.) Respect for modeling that. Im to stupid to even create a Zylinder in any 3D Program.

2. More important reason i don´t use it is, that it´s the IDZ Version wich is ugly and not representing the current Bundeswehr gear.

About the other Arma 2 Guns:

If i have time next week i will maybe look into this. But i can´t say for sure. Only these two guns took me about 30 Hours. But if i look back it was totally worth it. But atleast i now know a lot more about configs and porting so new weapons won´t take as long as that.

Mg36 is also on my to-do list, but i have a problem wich i haven´t figured out yet.

also I just noticed the fire selector is only on the left side of the gun, wich is not correct (but arma 2 default), so im going to add it on both sides next.

regards

Nicely done! Expecting mg36 also with proper grip animation :)

Any plan to deal with ASDG ??

Sweet Jesus thank you! Finally a good G36 in a standalone mod!

I agree with kgino, ASDG JR would be great, even though you can't do much about the optic anyway ;) ! :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Could you please contact LordJarhead about the JSRS patch you are using, because the weapon sound doesn´t change when you are indoors.

Please get something going with him, he probaly will be willing to help !

Outdoor sounds are fine? I will write to him. The soundpatch is just a workaround with changed soundfiles in the config.

congrats !! nice addon... thx !! :)

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

dont use this wepaon with other scopes !! this g36 is nearly original... plz keep it so !!

I will consider doing a G36K with rail.

If a clean cut of the current optic can be done, then I think it's just a matter of pulling the rail off of the G36C model, and setting it up right with the ArmA 3 attachments.

If a clean cut of the current optic can be done, then I think it's just a matter of pulling the rail off of the G36C model, and setting it up right with the ArmA 3 attachments.
That's one possible method, but you can also see this config, which mostly retains the "traditional G36 look" but uses a different reflex sight.

I will try to copy the rail from the MG36 over. since im not a modeller theres no chance i can do a g36E rail.

That's one possible method, but you can also see this config, which mostly retains the "traditional G36 look" but uses a different reflex sight.

Indeed. I've been looking very hard at the G36K for a project in the works, ended up going with the G3 instead (I think, anyways) but I spent a couple weeks or so digging around G36 variations. I merely suggested the rail from the C model because it appears to be the easiest option, and because it will end up fairly realistic when you compare it to the picture of the Latvian one off of the Wikipedia page.

Hey guys. Just want to give you a little sneak peak for the next Version.

9rwlfm4x.jpg

(it´s not yet finished, but gives an good impressions what awaits you, or better the enemy!!)

All yet know bugs are cleaned (THANKS APLION!)

There are going to be more Variants like G36C, and G36K with rail, for those who want to use other optics. (asdg will follow, but is not high priority yet)

And ofcourse G36 with AG36 Launcher (not a a real one, it the GL from the XM8 in A2, but it´s really really clos to that.

regards

do u now take the "orig" a2 sounds for this weapon ?? the weapon looks cool, but there is a wrong atmospehre due to wrong sounds... i fix/change it for myself, now the g36 have the "cool g36 sound", if u want it, u can have it...

Edited by Phantom

Since the G36 sound wasn´t included in the free released arma 2 files im not allowed to use them. Sorry

Since the G36 sound wasn´t included in the free released arma 2 files im not allowed to use them. Sorry
After a quick check of the Arma 2 config for the G36, how are they not "included in the free released arma 2 files"? I'm currently looking at "sounds\Weapons\rifles\" from the Arma Licensed Data Pack's Arma 2 sounds PBO and I'm seeing:
  • G36_dry_v1
  • g36_loop1
  • g36_loop2
  • g36_loop3
  • g36_release1
  • g36_release2
  • g36_single1
  • g36_single2

And then in "sounds\weapons\shells":

• small_shell_metal_04
  • small_shell_metal_03
  • small_shell_metal_02
  • small_shell_metal_01
  • small_shell_dirt_07
  • small_shell_dirt_09
  • small_shell_dirt_10
  • small_shell_dirt_12
  • small_shell_soft_05
  • small_shell_soft_09
  • small_shell_soft_10
  • small_shell_soft_13

Not sure what's supposed to be missing...?

@chortles

right !! ;)

@Spectrobr

hi mate... its in the Arma Licensed Data Pack's Arma 2 inside the pbos and can be use !! Think, its APL... ;)

Nice Sunday @ all

That'd explain it... as Phantom alluded to, here's where I found it; the total download on that ZIP is about 1.2 - 1.3 GB, but inside that is sounds.PBO (about 380 MB); just de-PBO and extract the WSS files from there.