Sign in to follow this  
mellowaid

How to get randomly timed supply drops?

I am trying to make a mission where we hold a base and are trying to take the island while VAS works great for this I would rather have to stockpile ammo/ limited supply maybe run out of one type and have to hold out and make due. I know there is the supply drop module but I can not figure out how to have it on a timer and drop in a general area? so that maybe I have to go collect it and it may be near a danger area. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Just make a random array. Using bis_fnc_selectRandom so like

time = [100,250,120,125,300]call bis_fnc_selectRandom;
sleep time;
//script here

Forgive spelling or if fnc is wrong on phone thinking off tge top my head

just make a random array. Using bis_fnc_selectrandom so like

time = [100,250,120,125,300]call bis_fnc_selectrandom;
sleep time;
//script here

forgive spelling or if fnc is wrong on phone thinking off tge top my head

dat signature

Just to add to Fusion's idea, you can also do the following to select a random whole number between 60 and 300 (obviously you can change these to whatever you want).

_delay = 60 max (floor(random 301));

I've never used the module before, but perhaps there is a delay value field on it. Or, you can find the module in the functions list and call it via .sqf scripts, and integrate the above line for your random delay. I promise you, any way you can imagine it, it can be done.

I cannot seem to get the supply drop to come in on its own at random times i still have to call it is does anyone know a way to have it just come in periodically?

I cannot seem to get the supply drop to come in on its own at random times i still have to call it is does anyone know a way to have it just come in periodically?

By "call" I assume you mean via script, and not by the ingame support system. In that case, simply setup a while loop with the random delays we've been talking about.