makhno

N'Ziwasogo A3 terrain (Released)

Makhno, will you be reindexing this for ALiVE or are you hoping someone else was planning on doing it? Or perhaps you already reindexed it with the new buildings?

I have very limited knowledge of Alive.

I know that there is a script to launch, but not more.

If you want to do it, feel free to do so :)

I have very limited knowledge of Alive.

I know that there is a script to launch, but not more.

If you want to do it, feel free to do so :)

Trust me. You don't want me to do it. :(

Does anyone that's used the indexing tool feel like re-indexing this bad boy? http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing

This is one of the very best maps available and would be a shame if no one got around to it. If not I'll see if I can poke one of the ALiVE Devs but they have a lot going on it seems.

3D modders are more inclined to develop weapons than vegetation objects, so one can choose between hundreds of armalite Rifles and i'm stuck with 5 outdated palm trees for now.

Sad but true.  But when RangerRG made fix two years ago and post it several times at forum your didnt include it in your map, even after Bergoff came to our forum and said that he is ok with messing with his addon.  Now all download links are dead and RangerRG banned ((( 

N'ziwasogo V093 (for patch 1.60)

-Redone the config based on New altis reference.
-Redone some of the ground textures as the old ones looked very shiny with the new lighting technology.
It's far from perfect, but it works.
Updates will come later when I figure out how to do better.

Download :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vzoo3z2an5wedrg/%40NziwasogoV093.rar

• Like 1

Hi m.akhno, thanks for continuing to update this fantastic map, especially to keep up with the 1.60 update. I know the ground textures are a WIP, but I have noticed that the dirt textures are bright yellow in the medium distance and red up close. Might be a satmap issue? Anyway, thanks again for your hard work on this and all your other excellent maps. Any chance of Daryah getting a 1.60 update? 

Hi, makhno! I've enjoyed playing on N'ziwasogo, though the last time was the version right after you plucked and roasted that obnoxious bird (which made me laugh) where, through no fault of yours, ALiVE kept tasking me with blowing up dirty lamp posts that were crucial to OPFOR's military objectives. Now I keep seeing little things that I clearly remember not being there before -- most notably more ground cover and bushes. It was a LOT easier to spot enemies before, hiding on bare ground and leaning out from behind only tree trunks. Volumetric fog is abusive to my frame rate, but that plus 1.60's early morning sunlight burning god rays through the mist make me tear up a little at the magnificence of it all. I really don't remember the dappled shadows being so awesome under the tree canopy before -- so I guess the earlier lighting fixes and now 1.60 of course must be really making the difference.

So I have zero map requests or bugs to report. But you said earlier that it be pretty easy to mass-replace whole classes of vegetation objects. Is it a 3d modder's equivalent of find/replace or cut/paste for class names and maybe some other parameters (like a coordinate transform in the Z axis b/c tree.old's center or origin point was in the middle of the trunk, but now tree.new's model is centered at the bottom of the trunk, or whatever)?

I'm just curious, b/c it takes me 30 mins to 3 hours to learn enough convoluted BIS scripting commands to hack a solution for each mission-maker concept I think up in 30 seconds. As a newbie, I'm interested in hearing what you find tedious or struggle with in map-making (e.g. working against a dearth of recent, high-quality palm trees!). Has there ever been any interest in the requests/offers forum?

Not now, of course -- it feels like the calm before the storm, with a lot of projects waiting for Tanoa to shake out.

The Armalite vs. palm tree disparity made me laugh, sorry! :)

Too soon to say.

But Mass replacing Vegetation in an existing map is something that can be done in one afternoon.

So I could keep Version 0.9 ( the last version to use BRG_africa) available, and in parallel continue developing the map using all available ressources.

I indend to use if possible vegetation, and more importantly buildings from Tanoa when their style suits the setting of the map.

BRG_africa is a great addon, It allowed us to create African/Tropical maps for Arma, but it's about 10 years old now.

3D modders are more inclined to develop weapons than vegetation objects, so one can choose between hundreds of armalite Rifles and i'm stuck with 5 outdated palm trees for now.

There seems to be a conflict with this map and Icebreakr's Panthera.

If both maps are run together you get this error message which breaks Panthera

Warning Message: Addon 'A3_Map_Panthera3' requires addon 'CUP_ibr_plants'

I suspect it is caused by one or other mod overwriting the ibr object class names?

What do you mean run together? You mean just having both in the Arma 3 root folder?

EDIT: I saw your post in the Panthera thread. Your explanation would make sense.

Run together as in both loaded:

-mod=@cup_terrains_core; @cup_terrains_maps; @nziwasogo; @panthera_a3;

Where did you download your version of N'ziwasogo and Panthera from ?

I'll get panthera and see if I get the same error.

The problem is probably that you have an outdated version of IBR_plants in the N'ziwasogo folder.

You may also find IBR_Dtowns, in the same folder.

Both can be deleted, they are no longer necessary.

I haven't got this problem if I use my original Download and Panthera from Armaholic.

Let me know if this solved the issue.

The problem is probably that you have an outdated version of IBR_plants in the N'ziwasogo folder.

You may also find IBR_Dtowns, in the same folder.

Both can be deleted, they are no longer necessary.

I haven't got this problem if I use my original Download and Panthera from Armaholic.

Let me know if this solved the issue.

Yes, the problem is with the PlaywithSix download of N'Ziwasogo which is completely different from your dropbox version.

Dropbox v094 - works with Panthera

mH7eLI2.jpg

PlaywithSix (downloaded fresh today) - breaks Panthera

tSjmHZv.jpg

Never trust PWS for mod dependencies or mod updates. It's usually a few days late. You should contact them (ie PWS) and fill in a bug report.

Hey Makhno. Just wanted to give you a heads up that I think the grid is messed up.

When my players callout enemy locations, they use the first two digits of the grid number then stop with their command. I've never seen this before, actually. It's a very odd issue. I seem to recall this being an reported on some of your maps before from reading through the forums so I figured I'd give you a heads up that the AI can't report grid location properly.