makhno

N'Ziwasogo A3 terrain (Released)

Thanks for the answer guys.

Unfortunately using CUP Terrains Full does not work.

Here is the result:

It's a shame because it's an excellent map.

Thanks anyway.

My bet - wait for Tanoa because it'll certainly have some jungle-fitting ruins for mapmakers. Or pray for someone to fix those :P

The group I am in played a mission on this map tonight or tried to. The walls, buildings were as though the were not there for the AI. This is one of our favorite maps,but 1.56, Eden or something has made this map unplayable. I hope the problem is addressed soon, so we can have this great map back again.

I would like do mod the grass to be taller (just because I feel like it ;)). Is there any way to do that on my own?

@imager 6 :

In which town were you ?

Can you provide a screenshot of the suspected faulty building / wall ?

Do you use CUP terrain or all in arma ?

@Taro8 :

Yes it is easy to do. If you play singleplayer or on a server that don't enforce signed addons.

you need to modify the vegetation parameters in the config of the island.

Look for "Surface Character" and "Clutter".

but beware Tall grass kills performances, and  leads to frustrating deaths against invisible IA.

Makhno, I will get all information for you when I get home from work.

Makhno, we were in the town of Quinhamel and we use CUP Terrain Maps and Core. The forces were Cup Takistani Army and Cup USMC. This happened many times around different walls and buildings. We just gave up and stopped playing. I can send you the mission PBO if you want.

HI i have a question, about the IBR_.....pbo files with in this mod...

They are the Older versions of what comes with IslaDuala...

Icebreaker has released an updated version(or so it seems) of these with his latest  version of isla duala. 

Would it be too much trouble to use those same files?? I ask because loading the two mods (isla duala and N'ziwasogo) lots the same buildings and map assets twice. one older one newer. It would be nice to just use the files that come with the Updated version of IslaDuala.. 

Please Sir..

I'm in the process of replacing old buildings with relatively newer ones.

This will take a couple of weeks before à new version of N'ziwasogo is available though.

• Like 6

Can you please make more different jungle sounds, the current is a bit of annoying and not making the ghosty jungle feeling:

• Like 4

I'm currently dev a scenario. Can I transfer that with objects... to the new map once it's released?

I'm in the process of replacing old buildings with relatively newer ones.

This will take a couple of weeks before à new version of N'ziwasogo is available though.

Makhno, thanks for this map. It's one of the very best I've ever seen. This one and A2 Sangin hold a special place in my heart. :)

Are you still working on updating the buildings? It's probably one of my only issues is that a lot of the buildings can be shot through.

N'ziwasogo V09

-Replaced all old ruins with Arma 3 models.
-Replaced all objects from outdated IBR* addons by their CUP equivalent.

This should deal with most (if not all) of cases when the AI was able to see and shoot through and old addons (ibr_dtowns.pbo and ibr_plants.pbo) are not necessary anymore.

-Added a couple of Arma 3 buildings (Offices, Barracks light factories and hangars).
-Redone slightly some of the lamps.
-Redone the close up ( detail ) ground textures usint new BIS technology.

The brg_Africa addon provided in this download it the 1.24 available from Armaholic.
Previously it was the same addon, but using Icebreaker's Signature.
It shouldn't make any difference, just keep this in mind when updating.

Download :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6vo9udsgxqo9v4q/%40NziwasogoV09.rar

• Like 4

Wow! Thanks for the update! One of the very best maps ever in A3!

I see you said you changed some building assets. Do you know offhand if missions currently made on that map would still work ok and if the map would need to be reindexed for ALiVE?

EDIT: An ALiVE Dev confirmed it will need to be reindexed for those curious.

• Like 1

Do trees still have bugged textures in new release? I mean that annoying bug where most tree trunks have one side darker than another!

The trees are provided by the addon BRG_Africa, they're not part of the map, so yes, they are as the always have been.

Hopefuly, in a couple of weeks, I might be able to replace them with those from Tanoa.....

• Like 1

Probably because it's an outdated signature.

You gan get a newer version of this addon (BRG_africa) in Isla Duala I think ( with up to date signatures).

The trees are provided by the addon BRG_Africa, they're not part of the map, so yes, they are as the always have been.

Hopefuly, in a couple of weeks, I might be able to replace them with those from Tanoa.....

Tanoa?!, So u mean that only people who bought tanoa dlc could play at your map in the future?

Tanoa?!, So u mean that only people who bought tanoa dlc could play at your map in the future?

You want a jungle map to use outdated assets from yeeeaaars ago when some top notch jungle vegetation will be available ?

Besides, Bis never said that the Tanoa objects won't be available to everybody.

This is a great map and would love to see most maps update to Tanoa standards! That would be amazing.

Nobody apart from closed beta testers knows what the standard are for Tanoa, map wise, so it's a bit presumptuous to ask that all future maps be brought up to a standard nobody has really been able to see yet. :D 

Too soon to say.

But Mass replacing Vegetation in an existing map is something that can be done in one afternoon.

So I could keep Version 0.9 ( the last version to use BRG_africa) available, and in parallel continue developing the map using all available ressources.

I indend to use if possible vegetation, and more importantly buildings from Tanoa when their style suits the setting of the map.

BRG_africa is a great addon, It allowed us to create African/Tropical maps for Arma, but it's about 10 years old now.

3D modders are more inclined to develop weapons than vegetation objects, so one can choose between hundreds of armalite Rifles and i'm stuck with 5 outdated palm trees for now.

• Like 6